Home The Bridge
Options

One Ship or 30 5* Cites

AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
Ship schematics have always been over priced, but the IKS Bortas in the Honor Hall seems excessive. 25k honor purchased 49 times means it costs 1.225 million honor to complete the ship. That's 30 5* cites if you purchase them at 40k each.

I can't imagine too many people spending 1.2m honor on a single ship rather than getting 30 cites. That ship would need to be the far and away best ship in arena, the fastest ship in skirmish, and have unique traits for voyages. And even then I don't think it's worth it.

Should the price maybe be reduced by a factor of 10? So each purchase is only 2.5k and the total cost is 122.5k. I'm still not sure I'd trade 3 cites for a ship, but it's at least a closer decision than 30 cites.

Comments

• Options
    (A) Traveling Man(A) Traveling Man ✭✭✭✭✭
    The sad thing is - the cost of citations has always been absolutely ridiculous. The fact that we are talking about just how many cites you can buy for the cost of this one ship shows how far out there it really is.
    Kanon wrote: »
    You can FF 4 honor hall crew with that much honor. Imagine choosing this ship over 5/5 Kahless + 5/5 Borg Queen Seven + 5/5 Captain Tribble + 5/5 Nanoprobe Phlox (or the honor hall crew of your choice)

This is just spot on. 4 fully fused honor hall crew for less than it costs to finish this ship. And while you are hoarding for it, you just sit on the massive pile of crew you have to cite to finish? I am not seeing the benefit at all... unless you like Honor Debt.

CABTools.app
    Ov (Overall) | Vo (Voyage) | Fa (Faction) | Ga (Gauntlet)
    Sb (Ship Battle) | Bt (Boss Battle Traits) | Co (Collection) | (Cd (Cadet)
  • Options
    agree, agree, agree..... big PASS
  • Options
    Absolutely jaw-dropping. What in the world are they thinking?
  • Options
    KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, I don't know anything about Arena strategy, but this looks like a great ship with the 3s cloaking, making Arena a pay to win mechanic. Arena, that is already boring and pointless, now is expensive. Are they actually trying to kill Arena?
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess if you have a bigley honour surplus you now got something to spend it on.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ship collecting and leveling is one of my things in the game and even I’m saying no way. I’m not even considering it, and I’ve become more than a little whale in the last year. :/
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1486 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    The valuation of honor/citations has always been horrible and the valuation of this ship, which isn't even some sort of voyage unicorn, has somehow accomplished the impossible task of making the value of honor/citations looks good! Yikes!
  • Options
    imdwalrusimdwalrus ✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    Should the price maybe be reduced by a factor of 10? So each purchase is only 2.5k and the total cost is 122.5k. I'm still not sure I'd trade 3 cites for a ship, but it's at least a closer decision than 30 cites.

That seems a lot more fair to me.
  • Options
    AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah...
    No.

Just no.
    Fleet Admiral of NCC UK Midlands."Leave any bigotry in your quarters. There's no room for it on the bridge." - J.T. Kirk, 2266
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    This ship has to be at 10/10 to be useful for voyages, and I expect the same for arena. This is pretty much "pay to win", which we have not really seen in this game, this does annoy me.

I am tempted to buy it at 1/10, just for the bling, but I think I will finally buy "Hangman Seven" instead.
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just looked at it and how do you have the Battlecruiser and Fighter traits at the same time?
  • Options
    CochranCochran ✭✭
    imdwalrus wrote: »
    AviTrek wrote: »

That seems a lot more fair to me.

The top end for me would be 200k to fully max
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ivanstone wrote: »
    I just looked at it and how do you have the Battlecruiser and Fighter traits at the same time?

The “fighter” trait has been established as “built to fight,” not “small vessel.” The Orion Interceptor is as large as the NX Enterprise, and it had the trait before the Fed Fighter was introduced. And let’s not forget the Enterprise-E and Xindi Insectoid Patrol ship have the trait too.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1486 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    EnderW wrote: »

The “fighter” trait has been established as “built to fight,” not “small vessel.” The Orion Interceptor is as large as the NX Enterprise, and it had the trait before the Fed Fighter was introduced. And let’s not forget the Enterprise-E and Xindi Insectoid Patrol ship have the trait too.

I would’ve that the traits “Warship” and “Battlecruiser” would’ve been more than sufficient to designate a ship that’s able to fight.
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    EnderW wrote: »

I would’ve that the traits “Warship” and “Battlecruiser” would’ve been more than sufficient to designate a ship that’s able to fight.

I would agree with you. We should put in very strongly worded complaints that they need to consult us before they do things like this. 😃
  • Options
    ArnieArnie ✭✭✭✭
    Looks like it dominates the arena when playing manually, but would it struggle defensively when playing auto?

Also, cloak... wait... attack! Would mean slower progress in skirmish over other options?
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    It is almost better to get Worf and build him up for the Faction Event this week. 300,000 Honour to FF, versus 1,225,000 Honour to fully level a niche "bragging rights" Ship that is useful for Arena. But not really anything else. Every Trait it has, at least one other 5* Ship has for Voyages. As has been said, it is going to make your Skirmishes last longer per Battle if you "wait out" the first Cloak.

Do I need to grab that Worf just for the Event this week? Probably not. I have other Legendary Worfs for this week.

yycw43l19sya.jpg

EDIT: I will be working on the the 100 that needs Gear and the the one that is 90 tonight and tomorrow night for the Daily Tasks. Should all be 100/FE for the Event.
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Options
    JimBerlinJimBerlin ✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    Arnie wrote: »
    Looks like it dominates the arena when playing manually, but would it struggle defensively when playing auto?

Also, cloak... wait... attack! Would mean slower progress in skirmish over other options?

That's what I'm seeing, too. The cloak will need to be held until right after all of your hammers fire or until the attack speed up ends. Probably great offense, an unknown on defense unless the attacker isn't paying attention, and who knows for the future boss battles. Also, without knowing level 10 stats, you can't determine if it's really worth your time.

WRG, please give us a way to view max level stats for ships, especially if they're about to become even more important in gameplay.

Edit: spelling
  • Options
    DAEDAE ✭✭✭
    Until there is a reward for maxed ships, this is rather pointless, anyway. Let us assume it is great in the arena. Now what? Those who can afford it probably don't need the schematics they will win.

😂😂😂😂😂 exactly!!!!!

I never buy cites anyway. They are overpriced, why buy this? Its 1 ship. This may have been a different way to spend honor since they are tired of honor hoarders screaming for honor sale, but those hoarders aren't the spenders bcuz honor hall is already overpriced, so pile on. And now, thats not even for the entire ship? Crazy absurd.

Honor hall has been a Completely in-balanced system from the beginning. The earnings for air-locked crew vs honor hall pricing has been “majority rule” opinion stated many times as overpriced and in-balanced. Instead of balancing the honor, dangle a nice shiny ship in there. That will fix it. Oh, maybe not. Honor hoarders aren't biting.
    I guess those big spenders will get the satisfaction of an elusive ship that only a small majority will have.
    Thats ok. Its kind of like the new top tier campaign avatar. Lets show how much cash we spent. Not very Trek minded.
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    Halfway there!

y6j3ffryj8cw.jpg

-EDIT-

4g3mbm5h4gd5.jpg
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK, so I've used my 6/10 Bortas in Arena tonight, and even at this low rank it absolutely PWNs Kraytons. No contest.

One thing of note: I slapped Rura Penthe Kirk into the very first seat hoping he would pop off the cloak trigger at 6 seconds but the ship's 450% ability fires first, just an FYI.
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Bylo Band can you please post the seats, and screen shots of the levels for the wiki, either here or on the wiki thread, or on the wiki discord group.
  • Options
    Kim-NovakKim-Novak ✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    I think they have done this in preparation for fleet boss battles
  • Options
     Bri Bri ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    1.225 million honour for a ship?

c350bggln2ap.gif