Home The Bridge
Options

Eng-Sci-Med Triplet

Currently, I only have Caretaker and Borg Phlox FF 5*. In my roster, I have FE Leonardo, Torpedo McCoy, Mirror Statmets, Naked Phlox, Loken, Doc Van Gogh, and Medic Jett Reno. All if which are 1/5 except 2/5 Statmets. Who should I use citations on? I have 12 from this last honor sale.

Comments

• Options
    Seven ConstanzaSeven Constanza ✭✭✭✭
    Try the citation optimizer on datacore. It should tell you which card you list gives you the most bang for the buck.
  • Options
    weakinteractionweakinteraction ✭✭✭✭
    Personally, I would go for Leonardo, Reno and McCoy. IME they all have good voyage trait matches on top of decent scores. (Note: I may be biased about Reno because I got her in a giveaway when I really needed help in this triplet so she's seen a lot of use for me.)

FWIW Cheesecake Seven is absolutely killer in this triplet too, though obviously the hoops you have to jump through to get her are considerable, especially as Mobile Doc isn't a guaranteed retrieval.
  • Options
    JimBerlinJimBerlin ✭✭✭
    Sounds like you're still fleshing out your roster. Loken, Torpedo McCoy, Mirror Stamets, Phlox au naturel, and Doc Van Gogh would be considered underpowered by total voyage score at the end game. Looks like you want "has sci, eng, and med, where order doesn't matter".

- Medic Jett Reno is a great voyager with med/eng/sci. From your list, I'm guessing that's your best bang for the buck. You won't put her in the freezer any time soon.
    - Weakinteraction is right about indulgent seven. She is still very good and gets plenty of events. Getting that first star is the hard part. She beats out torpedo surgeon McCoy by a decent margin in med/sci/eng.
    - you could consider citing Leo or retrieving Carlos data in the future, who will stay around a long time for your voyages and event work.
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    JimBerlin wrote: »
    Doc Van Gogh would be considered underpowered by total voyage score at the end game.

Van Gogh is still a top 100 Voyager. Probably worth it.

I would immediately retrieve Carlos before spending. Amongst my EMSc crew he gets the most work followed by Reno and Seven. Caretaker and Leonardo also get some use depending on traits. Can’t remember the last time I used Torpedo McCoy. You may want to consider each crew’s collection value as well.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was surprised by the Van Gogh comment too, he sees voyages a lot because of his traits. The cite optimizer wants the alt to add stars to TorpCoy but am worried he wouldn't see much use.
  • Options
    Princess_UhuraPrincess_Uhura ✭✭✭✭
    Medic reno
  • Options
    JimBerlinJimBerlin ✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    Yes! Totally had the wrong variant in my head on Van Gogh. Still, Reno, to me, would be the bigger help, unless you need that eng primary skill. Reno posts about 4250 voyage points with my boosts and Doctor Van Gogh posts ~4150 (same as nanoprobe phlox). It's all dependent on your rosters needs.

Building off of Ivanstone's comment: top voyagers get leapfrogged, but collections are forever.

Edit: I'm talking about 100-200 points difference now being underpowered in that they won't stay at the top for too long given power creep
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shadowconmaster, that is one of those skill combos that often times requires creativity. As you have pointed out there is a dearth of cards with all three skills, and it gets even worse when limiting selections to cards that are truly powerful (for example, the White Rabbit has all three skills but is woefully underpowered).

In addition to chasing the cards recommended by others above me my advice is to get creative. There aren't many good cards with all three skills but there are lots of great cards with two of them, and it is very possible to weave/cobble together a strong voyage with those three skills by leaning heavily on powerful cards with only two of the skills.

A couple of examples of cards I use regularly that only have two of the skills:

- Holo-Engineer Zimmerman (SCI/ENG)
    - Caldos IV Crusher (SCI/MED)

When MED is involved it complicates things as MED is a real scarcity for voyages. My recommendation is what @JimBerlin and I do in tough spots which is to chain cards outside the actual skill pair but who have MED as their third skill. Example of cards that fit this bill: the recently added Wonderland Taylor (SEC/SCI/MED) and the brand new Orbital Skydiving Torres (SEC/ENG/MED). You can bolster your MED score on voyages by chaining MED on the third skill and adding that to a handful of MED dominant cards, without sacrificing overall voyage power. I used those two cards as an example because IMO WRG has done a good job recently in giving us new cards like these with stronger numbers and it pays to be aware of these cards when they are introduced and chase them when you can, they really help.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a deep crew, and have focused on those for voyages. My med crew and engineers are top notch. I easily get 10 hour med eng voyages. As such, from your suggestions, Torpedo McCoy is the most useful to me.
  • Options
    SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a deep crew, and have focused on those for voyages. My med crew and engineers are top notch. I easily get 10 hour med eng voyages. As such, from your suggestions, Torpedo McCoy is the most useful to me.

Same here. McCoy or Reno get pretty good use for me.

“A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Options
    Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    All. Phloxes.

What do you mean I'm biased?
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    The following screenshot is from @Captain Idol 's backend stats spreadsheet:

jxdvwd97u1k8.jpeg
    🖖

"In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    All. Phloxes.

What do you mean I'm biased?

Get those picks the Phlox out of here. 😂

“A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    From your list, I’d target Reno and Loken. I fully endorse Carlos Data and Cheesecake 7 if/when you get them, both of whom would reduce the value for some other options on your list (‘cause they’ll replace them).

To me, Loken is the low-variance substitute for Caretaker. If you want consistent results, use him. Good trait list too.