Home Ready Room
Options

Behold help - Chang, Kira or Data

Who should I pick?

I love Kira but also Data is Data.... and he's in his Sherlock Holmes outfit. Such a tough choice!

678FDEB0947EF5D7777B959BEC7D798AABA0488E

Comments

• Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd personally choose Data in this one ... why?

- Well he has SEC & Investigator and is one of the few that can unlock the node at EPIC for the Rabid Fans mission.
    So, if you are keen to unlock that node (me - yes, is one of the last missions I have left to 3*!), have not done so (me - nope) and do not have other crew that can (wiki) (me - nope) --> I'd go for Data.

But really, if you are new to the game I'd go with my gut feeling and choose someone you like.
  • Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chang is Rubbish! Kira is a good card, high CMD even at 1/5*. Data is a tough one to Level but needed to unlock Rabid fans.

In cases like this, go with your gut, for what its worth, I would take Data.

Jim
    DB: Do Better
  • Options
    Thanks for replying RaraRacing and Jim Steele. I appreciate it!

I'm fairly new to the game. I have been playing for around a month now. I do tend to make choices like this with my heart rather than my head (I'm not really a min-maxer in any game I play). The trouble is, TNG and DS9 are my absolute favourite Star Trek, so I'm having trouble deciding on Kira or Data in particular. In fact, I love and have watched pretty much all Star Trek, so I tend to get hung up on choices like these all of the time! Anyway, the main reason I asked was in case there was some technical reason that one of these picks would be better than another. Sounds like in the long-run, Data might be the most solid pick in this respect.

Detective Data showed up for me in the last behold I got but I ended up picking Klingon Bride Jadzia over him so maybe this second chance to get him is a sign! I also don't have any 5* characters from TNG so far (got one from Enterprise, two from DS9 and one from Voyager). On a more practical level, I think that Data's skills will actually add more to my current crew than Kira's skillset, so I think that pushes me further towards Data.

Thanks for the advice guys and for hearing me out. Time to go press the select button under Data.... I think.... :smiley:
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just curiously, which Kira was it? There are several 5* Kiras.
  • Options
    It was the one with the Starfleet uniform. Not sure what she's called. Maybe Commander Kira?

It's in the screenshot. See the opening post.

• Options
    I have General Chang at 2/5 and just recently acquired 1/5 Commander Kira Nerys. Between the two of them, I would easily recommend Kira. Her stats are a lot stronger even at 1/5 than his at 2/5, plus she's better for the Gauntlet than he is.

Between Kira and Data, that's a toss-up because they have such different skills. His ability to clear "Rabid Fans" is pretty persuasive, though I was able to crit that with Doctor La Forge after our starbase bonus boosted him enough.

If events are a consideration, Data and Kira are tied with Kirk and Janeway for the most appearances with seven apiece. Both Detective Data and Commander Kira Nerys were specifically featured in events, though the one Data debuted in ("The Game's Afoot") has already been replayed once and as an Expedition, it seems unlikely to come back around anytime soon. Commander Kira Nerys debuted in "Guiding Principles", which was a Faction/Galaxy hybrid.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would go Kira. I say that because I have two stars on her. Never make a choice based simply on if a crew member will unlock a node on an episode. That is so unimportant that it’s not worth factoring into any decision.
  • Options
    I would go Kira. I say that because I have two stars on her. Never make a choice based simply on if a crew member will unlock a node on an episode. That is so unimportant that it’s not worth factoring into any decision.

I would agree that "Rabid Fans" is the exception, and for most locked nodes, there are sufficient possible crew members who can be used. It's generally safe to pass over one and take your chances that an alternative will come along soon enough. Still, there are two or three such nodes remaining where there are only a few possibilities (and most of them are 5*s, naturally enough), and it's worth checking to see if anyone in a Behold trio is on that short list. Detective Data is such a crew member, and that merits consideration for anyone who 1) cares about clearing/critting that locked node and 2) doesn't have one of the other two crew members who can do it.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pallidyne wrote: »
    Just curiously, which Kira was it? There are several 5* Kiras.

Commander Kira Nerys

https://stt.wiki/wiki/Commander_Kira_Nerys
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Thanks for all of the replies and advice everyone.

I did indeed go for Detective Data in the end. Couldn't pass up Data in his Sherlock Holmes outfit.

Hope Commander Kira comes up again as I love DS9 characters.

I do also love General Chang and especially his love of Shakespeare. Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war! :smiley:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQddgc1h_2I

No regrets in picking Detective Data. He is my new captain avatar in game! It's between him and Klingon Bride Jadzia as to who is my favourite crew member now! :smile:

• Options
    Zann Calcore (ISA)Zann Calcore (ISA) ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    I happen to like all three characters but the choice is obvious unless you happen to have a bunch of him already, Data. And now that I actually look up I see that you made the natural choice, lol.
    Weirdly enough, I’m also Vulcan Housewife. Also, RNGesus hates me, like really, REALLY hates me.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would agree that "Rabid Fans" is the exception, and for most locked nodes, there are sufficient possible crew members who can be used. It's generally safe to pass over one and take your chances that an alternative will come along soon enough. Still, there are two or three such nodes remaining where there are only a few possibilities (and most of them are 5*s, naturally enough), and it's worth checking to see if anyone in a Behold trio is on that short list. Detective Data is such a crew member, and that merits consideration for anyone who 1) cares about clearing/critting that locked node and 2) doesn't have one of the other two crew members who can do it.

I’m just saying it’s really not a huge deal to pass a node. It doesn’t really affect anything. If they start giving us achievements for starring missions I would certainly see it but as of right now having one node not passed is neither here nor there
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017

I’m just saying it’s really not a huge deal to pass a node. It doesn’t really affect anything. If they start giving us achievements for starring missions I would certainly see it but as of right now having one node not passed is neither here nor there

EDITED FOR CLARITY, AND BECAUSE I FORGOT TO TALK ABOUT THE RIGHT MISSION.

You can't progress to the next difficulty for any mission without 3-starring the difficulty below it. So if you can't clear it on Normal, you can't unlock it on Elite. There are several options for the Normal difficulty, of course. But there are fewer for clearing Elite, which is required to unlock Epic. That, in turn, requires paying closer attention when making a crew dismissal decision. Detective Data is overkill for Elite, but he's also one of just three possible choices for Epic. Having him means not having to tie up a crew slot for someone else to clear it on Elite.

Plus, you can't warp unless you've 3-starred, and that's important for a lot of players--especially during a Galaxy Event, when replaying the same handful of missions ad infinitum becomes mind numbing, and is also time consuming.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

EDITED FOR CLARITY, AND BECAUSE I FORGOT TO TALK ABOUT THE RIGHT MISSION.

You can't progress to the next difficulty for any mission without 3-starring the difficulty below it. So if you can't clear it on Normal, you can't unlock it on Elite. There are several options for the Normal difficulty, of course. But there are fewer for clearing Elite, which is required to unlock Epic. That, in turn, requires paying closer attention when making a crew dismissal decision. Detective Data is overkill for Elite, but he's also one of just three possible choices for Epic. Having him means not having to tie up a crew slot for someone else to clear it on Elite.

Plus, you can't warp unless you've 3-starred, and that's important for a lot of players--especially during a Galaxy Event, when replaying the same handful of missions ad infinitum becomes mind numbing, and is also time consuming.

Yes but they are talking about an epic node. The others have already been passed. Plus if you can’t warp that one mission to get the component your looking for it’s ok. There’s always plenty other missions to choose from that will score you the same component.

• Options
    Always go for the fistful of Datas (can't fault you though on KBJD for the first behold as Dax is a recurrent variant these days on events as well as the Klingon trait for events).