Home The Bridge
Options

Please take a rank snapshot at the normal event finish time.

Many of us allocated specific play time or chron budgets to finish the event at a particular rank. I understand extending 24 hours to give some time to figure out a proper resolution, but the solution may be worse than the original problem for some.

I, for one, don't want to play another 24 hours or have to spend more chrons to maintain the <750 rank I was shooting for.

I have faith you will make things right, but taking that snapshot may save you a lot of grief by providing a good place to start from. You may have to bump up and give the better of improved rewards both for rank at normal close and rank at final close, as these will be two different classes of players.

Comments

• Options
    ^^ this
  • Options
     Bri Bri ✭✭✭✭
    Agreed. I budgeted my dilithium and chronitons to ensure I retain top 30. It’s expensive as hell already so an extra 24hrs makes it a lot worse
  • Options
     Bri Bri ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022
    Actually, this is a ridiculous decision. I’ve blown a hole in my chrons and dilithium only for it to be extended… and this has to be one of the most competitive and therefore expensive skirmishes ever. Just end the damn event at the usual time, the outage affected everybody. I guess burning more dil and chronitons to stay afloat is profitable for WRG, and the inconvenience to the players is a secondary concern.
  • Options
    Princess_UhuraPrincess_Uhura ✭✭✭✭
    Except being patient might cost you your event target.

Very competitive event, just got an extra 24 hrs, no confirmation of what new reward tiers will be.

Only choice os to keep skirmishing. Patience is hardly the right decision.
  • Options
     Bri Bri ✭✭✭✭
    Except being patient might cost you your event target.

Very competitive event, just got an extra 24 hrs, no confirmation of what new reward tiers will be.

Only choice os to keep skirmishing. Patience is hardly the right decision.

100%
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    This would be fine had I known and not pretty much thrown in the towel though. with not being able to compete all day today I've only be half *!$!ing it now and won't be sub 1500 by normal end. would have been there easy otherwise, but no way I could hold it until Tuesday.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Options
    KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been thinking a lot about how this problem should be fixed (the problem being, the extra 24 hours, not the downtime that most players didn't even notice), and, event it sounded crazy at first, maybe the snapshot is the only solution. Take a snapshot, give rewards based on the original end time, and keep the event going for a chance of more rewards. It's probably devastating for the economy of the event to give double rewards for the event, but those 24 hours are devastating for the players fighting to hold ranks.

Someone is not going to be happy about this. It's either WRG or everyone playing the event. Sadly, we know who decides
  • Options
    If we are throwing crazy ideas out, how about everyone who is rank 1500 or lower at the regular event end get those rewards and are removed from the leaderboards, and everyone who is rank 1501 and higher move up 1500 ranking spots and duke it out.

This way we can have someone get rank 1 who hasnt already got rank 1 a dozen other times.

Another good idea: just cancel the event. Give everyone the rank 1 rewards. I dont feel sorry for anyone in that scenario.
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    While it may not be ideal for the top of the leaderboard, an easy solution could be to bump everybody up 2 tiers in the reward structure.

Ending the event when the glitch happened (rank at that time) is no more fair than extending the event 24 hours. When the glitch happened I was just logging in to spend a couple hours skirmishing, so that I'd be well positioned to finish where I wanted to end up. I don't have the same kind of time today (Monday vs Sunday), and will be much further back of my desired rank when I finally get a chance to sit and play later tonight. It will take me more tapping and more chrons than it would have, so bumping everybody up a couple tiers seems like a decent compromise, all things considered.
  • Options
    Rank would have been sub 1000 as of right now. Ill provide the screenshot to the appropriate people.
  • Options
    I cant even do a screenshot due to high load and the game not loading in the rank table :D
  • Options
    KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep in mind that I relaxed due to the extra 24 hs (if I had any indication that there would be rewards relative to this moment, I would have played the last couple of hours, so I'm secretly hoping they won't do anything like this)

4ec82h54n4b8.png

a6do344u6a8i.png
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    a9trvd7d6kb6.jpg
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Options
    2 minutes late, because of the high load of the game servers, but:
    terwacsrijfj.jpg

• Options
    I was a couple of minutes late to get my snapshot too, but here it is:gwwtnwbeo26c.png
  • Options
     Bri Bri ✭✭✭✭
    Keep ‘em cominghf8w2u9ol7i5.png
  • Options
    KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make note of how much chronitons you have. If by the new end of the event you have the same rank, but less chronitons than now, you can consider yourself... a word that should be censored :D
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, 1 hour late, but i would have been Top 750 at tze usual event end.
    Now i can do some extra tapping to secure my rank. 😆
    tt9aavgd2xk0.jpeg
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    Yeah, but to be fair you might lose chrons but you also gain credits and honor, maybe even single pulls. So, if the argument is to return chrons for holding rank, you should have to return the other rewards you got.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Five seconds before the beginning of extended time:

f3zz0aiggf3u.png
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, but to be fair you might lose chrons but you also gain credits and honor, maybe even single pulls. So, if the argument is to return chrons for holding rank, you should have to return the other rewards you got.
    If they can return time to my life that I will be employing "enjoying the game" tapping for an extra day, that's absolutely fair.
  • Options
    Kanon wrote: »
    If they can return time to my life that I will be employing "enjoying the game" tapping for an extra day, that's absolutely fair.

Now we are talking.

How about a compensatory package with 10,000 dilithium, 5 legendary cites, 5 copies of spock, 10 rarity polestars, 99 skill polestars, 250 premium 10x packs, 99,000,000,000 credits, 54 merits, and then lets also get about 25 chrons in there.

Thats what i want.
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    apjjlnxhusrm.png

I’m hopeful that we can collectively keep playing for some extra rewards but only enough to not change our rank tiers. I have bounced between the low 50’s to high 60’s for several days. This is where I was satisfied to be, but I will take advantage of some extra honor-gathering time tonight. Will do my best to not get into top 50, and I simultaneously hope no one bumps me down to 76+ either.
  • Options
    Kim-NovakKim-Novak ✭✭✭
    b82hgspwrw2f.jpg
  • Options
    I appreciate 250 chrons but I must tell you it did not last the extra 24 hour event extension, perhaps there’s a timeline anomaly that 250 chrons will last 24hrs in. ;p
  • Options
    HaBlackHaBlack ✭✭✭✭✭
    Took a shot little late because of work, but still there..

8fzpox70aj71.png

And just now... tiny drop
    qk4xhsj1gxg8.jpg

I expect huge drop tomorrow as I cannot play almost day
    PlayingSince: 2016-09-16Can we get some more characters from TAS?We finally have Caitians in the game!Character wishlist:
    • Lieutenant M'Ress - got her
    • Amanda Rogers - got her
    • Admiral S'rrel from Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home - not in the game yet
    • Agmar - not in the game yet
    • M'yra - not in the game yet
  • Options
    Here's Mine....tqd7bbvy729j.png
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    koo1gt8vqeli.jpg
    i33l9lxwugmg.jpg

What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Options
    SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022
    I fail to see why they didn’t just expand the rank rewards and end the event at the normal time? However, I wasn’t one who dedicated resources and time to a given rank either…
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...