Home The Bridge
Options

Now would be a good time for the updated rewards table.....

2»

Comments

• Options
    Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    Please, please, please let's not be kind to one another - thanks.

Please tell your bosses they need to do better or close up shop. Players deserve better than the repeated failings of the past 60 days. Do not make the players have to do the quality control process in lieu of WRG. I do approve of Mirror Shan’s post here.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh my geese!
  • Options
    Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please, please, please let's not be kind to one another - thanks.

Since you insist - not really in the mood for kindness anyway. :p

Oh Shan - I've watched (mostly) from the sidelines since the first day you ever set foot in here and you do a legendary job with patience and humour.

But my god, how on earth did your company manage to turn a simple outage into such an utter trainwreck?

It’s written in the code. This isn’t the first time things like this have happened. It probably won’t be the last.
  • Options
    This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There have been a ton of errors in the game since the timezone changed. Y2K must be back. (Hopefully most here can remember that and I'm not that old).
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022
    It's when one is not in the mood for kindness that it is even more appropriate to be kind, and I am not soapboxing, I am remind myself of that as well :)

It bears repeating that we are all humans after all.

Impacts on events are always messy, the intent is always to be as fair as possible, within our means.

In the event thread I mentioned that I would like to start gathering impacts on all event types, and impacts of outages/issues.

• Options
    Princess_UhuraPrincess_Uhura ✭✭✭✭
    It's when one is not in the mood for kindness that it is even more appropriate to be kind, and I am not soapboxing, I am remind myself of that as well :)

Impacts on events are always messy, the intent is always to be as fair as possible. within our means.

In the event thread I mentioned that I would like to start gathering impacts on all event types, and impacts of outages/issues.

Shan i think you all have the means to give out any compensation you want. 1250 chrons is a joke. 10 battle tickets is a ploy for objective event appeasement and engagement, and 100 dilithium is laughable. The person who thought up these condolences undoubtedly also dreamt up the event extension, and i can promose you they do not play the game or understand the players.

As far as feedback on impacts to events during outages, there is a great history of threads on this forum about all of them. We dont need to re-invent the wheel. Just check out the archives. Which is exactly what should have been done prior to coming up with the extension or the sorry package.
  • Options

Impacts on events are always messy, the intent is always to be as fair as possible. within our means.

how about a little quid-pro-quo?

WRG tells us offically, via the communication channel, how they have changed processes to cover the errors we the paying customer have seen in the last 4-6 months and we the playerbase will be kinder to WRG and also help WRG continue to test its product as well provide insights on improving it
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think that the person who made the call to extend the event did it without checking with their supervisor. The decision was obviously made by someone who does not understand the game, so i would hope that whoever made the decision is not the person who is actually in charge.

I'm guessing they simply reset part of the game on the server. As a consequence the game reset it's end time, and there was little they could do about at, late at night at the weekend.

No matter what they did, there would be complaints.

• Options
    Computers make very fast, very accurate mistakes
    The Guardians of Tomorrow
    Protecting the Galaxy's Future from itself