Home The Bridge
Options

Now would be a good time for the updated rewards table.....

[SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
Since people need to understand what competing does and doesn't mean, what the compensation is. You guys screwed this up, figure out your plan and let us know.

Comments

• Options
    Princess_UhuraPrincess_Uhura ✭✭✭✭
    What are the reward tiers being updated to?

Do we just fly blind for another 22 hours?
  • Options
    Sadly, you are playing for to advance ahead of those who are out of resources and for who knows what plan they are coming up for compensating. :(
  • Options
    Looks like WRG has gone into analysis paralysis.
    - 2.5 hrs post the original end of event
    - approx 18 hours after offical notificaiton of extension
    - 6+ hours at least in the office for the folks at WRG

Y'all knew from the moment you walked through the door this morning thta you had an announcement to make - keeping the players waiting this long is appalling.

JUST OWN YOUR MISTAKE, annouce the extended rewards and let us move on.

but as usual, no comms or no timely comms....
  • Options
    This is just stupid.
  • Options
    I think that the person who made the call to extend the event did it without checking with their supervisor. The decision was obviously made by someone who does not understand the game, so i would hope that whoever made the decision is not the person who is actually in charge.
  • Options
    Riker is spot on.

The game owners expect people to plan their lives around this game, and when you see the same people in the top 50 week after week, you start to understand that people do in fact plan their lives around this game.

So when you have people provisioning chunks of their lives based on the sidebars of these events, yes, they are gunna get a little miffed when you chanfe it up on the fly without any notice and with consequences to the players.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    I want to know what the new rank rewards are, please. Thank you.

*edit- CHanged title for correctness*
  • Options
    KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully they wait longer so that people can complain that its too short of notice and we can get another 24 hour extension
    Funny about the notice, 'cause
    Shan wrote: »
    Once I get more information about the bracket changes I will update you.

Maybe after they realized they were dealing with so many non-adults after the previous announcement, they are carefully looking at how to update the Rewards table to not upset too many non-adults.
    Maybe they should just announce that this is a video game for adults, and all those damn kids complaining should take their business somewhere else. Hiding in fear of saying what you want is not and adult thing to do neither.
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once I get more information about the bracket changes I will update you.

Maybe after they realized they were dealing with so many non-adults after the previous announcement, they are carefully looking at how to update the Rewards table to not upset too many non-adults.

The judge has spoken. 😆
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    Right now they are simply outthinking the problem.

Someone is probably looking at login data and activity data to try and figure out who was impacted.

They should just give everyone the rank 1 rewards and say sorry, please forgive us we messed up.

Or they can wait until tomorrow
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Navarch wrote: »
    I want WRG to get the fix announced and implemented correctly, not fast. Doing everything fast leads to mistakes.

They acted last night {quickly} to address the issue as best they could. Knowing not everyone would be happy. And they were very right.

Now, they are not rushing to act quickly, but rather to hopefully act correctly. And, there seems to be a lot of overlap in the people not happy.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭
    Webberoni wrote: »
    I want WRG to get the fix announced and implemented correctly, not fast. Doing everything fast leads to mistakes.

They acted last night {quickly} to address the issue as best they could. Knowing not everyone would be happy. And they were very right.

Now, they are not rushing to act quickly, but rather to hopefully act correctly. And, there seems to be a lot of overlap in the people not happy.

The issue is that they also mentioned revising the rewards table, which impacts how people play the game and utilize resources (in-game and potentially real currency). Without knowing what the new reward tiers will look like, how can people plan and play properly, to target a specific set of rewards?

This is a fair and reasonable expectation, which should have been communicated as soon after the original announcement is possible. That lack of clarity and follow-up communication has only compounded a problem that WRG's horrendous quality control has brought upon themselves.

I am upset by this, since I was playing this event with a specific goal in mind, yet now the goal-posts are moving and I have no idea where they will end up. I don't appreciate being referred to as a non-adult, simply because I am frustrated by the joke this game has become since WRG took over.

I’m not happy with what has transpired. I’ll be more unhappy though if this becomes a 3 day comedy of errors than if they take the time to think things through and double check everything before announcing it to us.

WRG seems to be constantly biting off more than it can chew and then being surprised when it blows up in their faces. This is a trait they have in common with DB. It is disappointing that WRG seems to have learned almost nothing from DB’s failings.
  • Options
    Webberoni wrote: »

The issue is that they also mentioned revising the rewards table, which impacts how people play the game and utilize resources (in-game and potentially real currency). Without knowing what the new reward tiers will look like, how can people plan and play properly, to target a specific set of rewards?

This is a fair and reasonable expectation, which should have been communicated as soon after the original announcement is possible. That lack of clarity and follow-up communication has only compounded a problem that WRG's horrendous quality control has brought upon themselves.

I am upset by this, since I was playing this event with a specific goal in mind, yet now the goal-posts are moving and I have no idea where they will end up. I don't appreciate being referred to as a non-adult, simply because I am frustrated by the joke this game has become since WRG took over.

Kinda funny how many people feel they got hit with the splash damage when a comment names no one.....

Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Do people really think that the "adjustment" to the Rewards Table is going to be to "tighten it up"? Rather than expanding it? I mean, people seriously think that the adjustment is going to take away something they finished high enough to get, rather than possibly giving them higher Rewards?
  • Options
    Its very simple hewitt. This is my thought process; do i need to keep skirmishing to keep my rewards? Or is there now a buffer that makes me safe? How expanded are the brackets? Im right on the margin of a threshold, and i intend to keep the line there.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Merged a few threads into this one.

I've also updated the event discussion thread with the new brackets
    https://forum.wickedrealmgames.com/stt/discussion/comment/260757/#Comment_260757
  • Options
    KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    DaiMon Bok wrote: »
    Ya know what? Who cares? With everything happening in the world right now, THIS is what you all choose to get outraged about?

Life happens, and you don't always get what you think you deserve. That's what being an adult means.
    That's not what being an adult means. That's what being a conformable person means.
  • Options
    Ya know what? Who cares? With everything happening in the world right now, THIS is what you all choose to get outraged about?

Life happens, and you don't always get what you think you deserve. That's what being an adult means.

You are a true beacon of light.

Please understand that this game is an escape from all of the bs in the world that is happening right now. And having the owners of the games tell us our time dosnt matter is not a great thing.

Go ahead and stick up for them if thats what you want to do. But you have no right to insult us by calling us children. Hopefully you get moderated for your outburst at us.
  • Options
    This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never expected the rewards to basically not be extended. This wasn't a good idea in exchange for a 24 hour extension.

I don't think they realize the amount of work required for this type of event. :#
  • Options
    Kim-NovakKim-Novak ✭✭✭
    Do people really think that the "adjustment" to the Rewards Table is going to be to "tighten it up"? Rather than expanding it? I mean, people seriously think that the adjustment is going to take away something they finished high enough to get, rather than possibly giving them higher Rewards?

Um, yeah? I've already dropped a tier since the normal finish time & am pretty much certain I will drop another so I lose out on the 3* spock
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022

Guess what, there have been always evil/bad/sad things going on, but mostly nobody cared because they were not affected directly, or it wasn t on media 24/7.

Such things have zero to do with this. We still have all the right to complain about things that are not going well, no matter if its a game or some other business.
    Most of us have spent real money on this game as well.

And btw. its not up to you to decide what being adult means.
    Thats just low and not adult at all.

Why do you even care to post here or and follow this thread if there are other more urgent things happen in this evil world that need ur attention or help?
    So don t waste ur time on a stupid game forum, go out and make this world a better place! 😘
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    Please, please, please let's not be kind to one another - thanks.

Typo!!!!!