Home The Bridge

Picard Day pack

WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2022 in The Bridge
There is a Picard Day pack in the Time Portal, which has a "Buy 1" button on it. There is no price mentioned, but it doesn't say "Claim Now" like other free packs. Given the lack of communication in-game or on the forums, as well as what happened the last time I clicked a yellow button that seemed to give me the option to get something, I'm not sure what to do... personally I'm hoping for an in-game announcement.

Has anybody pressed the button yet? Did you get a single free beGold of the 3 Picard variants shown?

EDIT: The pack's text doesn't mention a cost, nor does it say it is free. For various birthdays, events, milestones, etc... we have had free beGolds, while other times it is a special beGold that still costs dilithium, hence the confusion.

Comments

• W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd go for Mambo. Mine is 4/5* FE.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Mirror McCoyMirror McCoy ✭✭✭✭
    Webberoni wrote: »
    as well as what happened the last time I clicked a yellow button that seemed to give me the option to get something

This is why I'm waiting for clarification.

I have no desire to be banned again for clicking a button provided by the devs.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭

Mine is still in my mail, next to Nog. I need to start them at some point. Room keeps being an issue.
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • I just clicked on the yellow button. It didn't cost dil or credits.

Took Kamin, because I have the other two FF.

Mine is still in my mail, next to Nog. I need to start them at some point. Room keeps being an issue.

There was a time when he was the best I had available for Gauntlet, so I made room. Now, I have everyone that tops him, except Locutus. I haven't used him in a while and would seriously consider freezing him for space.
    Will probably buy the Borg Geordi offer. Mins is one star short of immortal and it would give me a gold Geordi and let me check him off my list.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
    Everyone is now banned, thanks for playing Star Trek Timelines!

I've only ever seen ONE worse reaction that the way they handled THEIR mistake with that one offer in the Portal. And that was a three day ban for EVERY player because game Devs made a mistake on their end. Oh, and people had stuff taken from them that they paid cashy folding money to get right before the mistake was made.

Literally only the worse "punish the players" in a game I play. And I have played a LOT of games over the years.......
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
    Shan wrote: »
    It will be looked into it, it is a free pack - I understand why this bring very bad memories but can we try to keep the negativity to a minimum, please? Thank you :)

The "Buy 1" is probably what is making people wonder. And the description under the "i" does call it a Birthday Pack". Which is usually for Dilithium. {1500}?
  • WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022
    It will be looked into it, it is a free pack - I understand why this bring very bad memories but can we try to keep the negativity to a minimum, please? Thank you :)

Thanks Shan. I wanted to give WRG the benefit of the doubt and immediately checked both my inbox and the forums for an official announcement, and even restarted my game hoping for a start-up message... to no avail.

On one hand, I didn't mean for this thread to become a 'no good deed goes unpunished' sort of thing. On the other hand, 'once bitten twice shy'. Please stress the need for timely communication, which would have avoided turning what should have been something awesome into something else...
  • Shan wrote: »

uhm....whilst I appreciate your not wanting us to remind the public of the time WRG blamed & punnished the players for a WRG mistake, i do not think any of the comments posted so far were negative or aggressive.

I was banned in bangate, and it has chnaged my attitude towards WRG mistakes. I welcome them and infact actively look for them, pointing them out on non forum channels..... also I clicked the button right away, took the reward, and came straight here to see what was up....with the attitude that if it was a mistake and I got punnished, it wold be a good to day to make it known WRG made a mistake .....

sorry, not sorry - but that is how WRG has trained us to behave
  • Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks Shan. I wanted to give WRG the benefit of the doubt and immediately checked both my inbox and the forums for an official announcement, and even restarted my game hoping for a start-up message... to no avail.

On one hand, I didn't mean for this thread to become a 'no good deed goes unpunished' sort of thing. On the other hand, 'once bitten twice shy'. Please stress the need for timely communication, which would have avoided turning what should have been something awesome into something else...

I totally understand!
    That's partly my bad as it is part of a communique that is dependent on something else.
    Too many moving pieces and I didn't realize that it would create this friction.

My apologies, and we missed the ball on the proper info text and button - it's being worked on!

I claimed it on my main account but it seems to be unavailable on my other accounts. I’m guessing this is by design, but it is worrisome that WRG continues to make these types of mistakes.

The fact that we aren’t receiving communication from WRG and that WRG makes mistakes and seems to be generally unable or unwilling to understand players’ concerns is the reason why WRG cannot catch a break. You don’t deserve one until proven otherwise.
  • Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022

I totally understand!
    That's partly my bad as it is part of a communique that is dependent on something else.

My apologies, and we missed the ball on the proper info text and button - it's being worked on!

A friend at work introduced me to
    "The Stanley Parable"
    at work recently.

I am now convinced that all commercial game writers should be made to play "The Stanley Parable" demo, followed by the new "Ultra Deluxe" release.

I actually thought about WRG when the narrator was telling Stanley to press the Big Red Button in the demo (avaliable on steam). Also the narrator blamed Stanley for the game going wrong.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, thanks for the free Picard, got my Kamin to 4/5.
    Let’s fly!
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022
    Navarch wrote: »

I totally understand!

I claimed it on my main account but it seems to be unavailable on my other accounts. I’m guessing this is by design, but it is worrisome that WRG continues to make these types of mistakes.

The fact that we aren’t receiving communication from WRG and that WRG makes mistakes and seems to be generally unable or unwilling to understand players’ concerns is the reason why WRG cannot catch a break. You don’t deserve one until proven otherwise.

The pack was taken down while we were working on it.
    It is now live with the appropriate corrections.
    You should be able to claim it on any account that had not claimed it yet!
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Took romulan picard. Probably the only way I'd do it as I could finally FFE him.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    cmdrworf wrote: »
    Took romulan picard. Probably the only way I'd do it as I could finally FFE him.

Enjoy the soup.
    Let’s fly!
  • Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭

Enjoy the soup.

Only if it’s from a loyal Romulan establishment. Jolan Tru.
  • Sulu's HusbandSulu's Husband ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the 550 honor :/
  • Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022
    Too bad it only contains old crew with average stats.

Would have preferred:

Picard Day Picard, Sinister Picard and Picard and Number One, Behold.

But well, its free. 🤗
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

Would have preferred:

But well, its free. 🤗

Mambo Picard and the new Lt Jg Picard are the only Picards in no collections. When are we going to get that Musician or Casual collection?
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022
    These are good choices in that I don't have any immortalized, but I have many other Picards immortalized.

I have Mambo Picard 2/5. Really his strength in Gauntlet, and I never use him anymore.

I have Kamin 1/5 where he doesn't do anything. But another star is a start to improving him.

I do not have Romulan Picard. I have plenty of space, but an not sure how much he offers at 1/5. Maybe in faction events?

So here is my question for those of you who are stats people: which is the best choice in this situation?

Thanks.

Would have preferred:

But well, its free. 🤗

Oddly, I have the 3 you suggested immortalized already, but I have none of the ones in the pack immortalized yet. (Romulan 1/5, Kamin 1/5, Mambo 3/5). The only logical conclusion is that this pack was specifically designed for me. :D

Me too! I had those three done, but I finished my Mambo with the pack.
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    @DavideBooks, there are better stats people than me, but here’s what I saw when I reviewed my options.

Kamin is the strongest (base) card by raw numbers, and he’s 3rd best variant for Sci, but Pupcard and 2024 Picard are the ones ahead of him. Two cards you likely already have, and with more stars.

Romulan is 4yrs old, decidedly mid-level, and yet still his 2nd best Dip variant (behind Age of Sail).

Mambo, as you said, is more for gauntlet. His bases are ok, but Kamin and Romulan best Mambo for Sci and Dip respectively.

I probably gave away my decision process here, but I added a star to Romulan.
  • EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭

Enjoy the soup.

Soup, from a loyal establishment. Jolan tru.
    These are good choices in that I don't have any immortalized, but I have many other Picards immortalized.

I have Mambo Picard 2/5. Really his strength in Gauntlet, and I never use him anymore.

I have Kamin 1/5 where he doesn't do anything. But another star is a start to improving him.

I do not have Romulan Picard. I have plenty of space, but an not sure how much he offers at 1/5. Maybe in faction events?

So here is my question for those of you who are stats people: which is the best choice in this situation?

Thanks.

Mambo Picard is a gauntleter.

Kamin Picard has a unique skill set and can help with voyages (though he isn’t anything amazing).

Romulan Picard is a Romulan. That’s it; that’s his strength.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 17hr, 20min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1546 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    @DavideBooks, there are better stats people than me, but here’s what I saw when I reviewed my options.

Kamin is the strongest (base) card by raw numbers, and he’s 3rd best variant for Sci, but Pupcard and 2024 Picard are the ones ahead of him. Two cards you likely already have, and with more stars.

Romulan is 4yrs old, decidedly mid-level, and yet still his 2nd best Dip variant (behind Age of Sail).

Mambo, as you said, is more for gauntlet. His bases are ok, but Kamin and Romulan best Mambo for Sci and Dip respectively.

I probably gave away my decision process here, but I added a star to Romulan.
    EnderW wrote: »

Enjoy the soup.

Soup, from a loyal establishment. Jolan tru.

Thanks.

Mambo Picard is a gauntleter.

Kamin Picard has a unique skill set and can help with voyages (though he isn’t anything amazing).

Romulan Picard is a Romulan. That’s it; that’s his strength.

Thank you. I decided to go with Romulan Picard because I felt that another Picard had more potential benefit than a second star.
  • Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭

Would have preferred:

But well, its free. 🤗

Most long term players will have two of those.

4 copies of Captain Picard Day Picard were given away a year ago, and Picard and Number One were the reoccuring legendary in Feb 2020.
    Took Mamba Picard, even though I do not see the snake.

Then collected the one from my mail to give him two Stars off the bat.

It is weird that for the first time in as long as I can remember, my Mailbox has a "1" on it instead of a "2" when it is idle.

I promise Fancy Nog. As soon as there is room you can come out of the mailbox!