Home The Bridge
Options

Okay. Still wanting to know about Nemesis Chakotay and the Vedala Cat/Wolf/Owl critter.

DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
Does their artwork exist for a reason?!?!?

What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?

Comments

• Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    gzu7m7iig5do.gif
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭

Probably. Will they tell us is the real question? Probably crew up the pipeline that got mixed in accidentally with the montage crew.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Recall that Blue-Shirt Picard was leaked well over a year ago.
  • Options
    Yep. Part of me wonders though, if there is that much lead time on the art, why are art related hold ups common lately? Something must be changing in the background. I really hope it doesn't involve NFTs competing for attention somewhere along the pipe.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭

Can't wait until everyone melts down when the Impaled Picard fuse card becomes possible but requires the Lt. JG Picard they've already immortalized.
  • Options

Can't wait until everyone melts down when the Impaled Picard fuse card becomes possible but requires the Lt. JG Picard they've already immortalized.

I think they said that that one wouldn't be released? I'm not sure though.
  • Options

I think maybe it was said. Can't remember if "Not right now" or "Never"

The thing is their reliability and confidence in how they handle things and do things has taken a fair number of hits, lately.

So, even "Never" might not be accurate.

• Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

I believe that was the answer, of course they can always change their mind or get a different answer from new management at Paramount.
  • Options

I only recall a coy response that we shouldn't expect all of that batch of crew to necessarily appear, not a definitive statement it wouldn't. In any event, if it should materialize I'll be among those kicking themselves for immortalizing Lt. JG Picard. I didn't remember that art leak until the day after the event ended.
  • Options
    The concern that this "issue" creates is this:

Event info is often delayed lately in-game because "artwork has not been approved".

And yet, at least two pieces of artwork for characters that have not even been announced are included in the image for the Elusive Treasures Packs. Making it look like they are included in the Pool, when they are not even in-game yet.......
  • Options

Event info is often delayed lately in-game because "artwork has not been approved".

And yet, at least two pieces of artwork for characters that have not even been announced are included in the image for the Elusive Treasures Packs. Making it look like they are included in the Pool, when they are not even in-game yet.......

They're not listed, so per the small fine print it's not misleading but it feels borderline. I am curious whether they were included on accident or if someone was being cute and sneaked some Easter eggs into the collage for the fun of it.
  • Options

They're not listed, so per the small fine print it's not misleading but it feels borderline. I am curious whether they were included on accident or if someone was being cute and sneaked some Easter eggs into the collage for the fun of it.

They are not on the list. But they are on the image, which you see without having to click a little button in the corner. So, it definitely feels "borderline" at least. Like the kind of "borderline" that would look bad in certain venues.
  • Options
    SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭

If for no other reason than to perplex you. 😂

“A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Options
    ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭

They are not on the list. But they are on the image, which you see without having to click a little button in the corner. So, it definitely feels "borderline" at least. Like the kind of "borderline" that would look bad in certain venues.

The artwork was definitely misleading, which is presumably why it's been corrected.
  • Options
    Thanks, @Shan !
    I wasn't suggesting that WRG is worried about the NFT, but that Paramount was. That their attention could be split or that they now factor that into decisions that now take longer.
    Any ETA on when Collection Milestones will be expanded? I think we're at 18 or so, with a couple more very close. Resourceful is nearly to the point of three Milestones ahead.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, @Shan !
    I wasn't suggesting that WRG is worried about the NFT, but that Paramount was. That their attention could be split or that they now factor that into decisions that now take longer.
    Any ETA on when Collection Milestones will be expanded? I think we're at 18 or so, with a couple more very close. Resourceful is nearly to the point of three Milestones ahead.

No ETA on collection milestones, sorry :(
  • Options
    Sulu's HusbandSulu's Husband ✭✭✭✭✭

Probably for the same reasons that 4 Lights Picard won't be released.
  • Options
    ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭

It would be nice if they could release the Nausicaan Thug card though. I know it was meant to be part of that Picard fusion, but I don't see a problem with releasing it on its own. Just so long as everyone's clear that it doesn't mean that the rest of the fusion is incoming in any way.
  • Options
    MicrohopperMicrohopper ✭✭✭✭

But, there are REALLY 5 lights, Right?
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭

I've never really understood those objections. "Chain of Command" is universally recognized as one of the finest TNG stories with a thoughtful portrayal of a tortured prisoner. It's not something with a reputation for being tacky or insensitive (looking at you, Duelist Yar). If ever a Picard variant deserved to be called "Resilient Picard," that's the one.

As for Impaled Picard, it would be the most violent artwork in the game to this point but hardly all that violent for Star Trek. Unless a player's only exposure to the franchise is Prodigy, I can't see it raising any eyebrows. It's certainly tame by CBS-era Trek standards!

4 lights Picard would be great in game. He certainly is iconic. So much so that it even gets a mention in Lower Decks.
    yzuklvkukq4m.jpeg
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭

As for Impaled Picard, it would be the most violent artwork in the game to this point but hardly all that violent for Star Trek. Unless a player's only exposure to the franchise is Prodigy, I can't see it raising any eyebrows. It's certainly tame by CBS-era Trek standards!

One thing that's always baffled me are Kirk Ultrafans. They're convinced that Kirk is some bad **tsk tsk** tough guy and that Picard is some big softy who tries to talk his way out of tough situations.

I'm like Picard speaks softly and carries a big poisoned crossbow. He also got stabbed through the heart twice and liked it. Who's the tough guy now?
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    Ivanstone wrote: »

One thing that's always baffled me are Kirk Ultrafans. They're convinced that Kirk is some bad **tsk tsk** tough guy and that Picard is some big softy who tries to talk his way out of tough situations.

I'm like Picard speaks softly and carries a big poisoned crossbow. He also got stabbed through the heart twice and liked it. Who's the tough guy now?

Yeah, Ron Moore has always been keen to point out that in their youth, Kirk was the bookworm and Picard was the hothead. That was one of the retcons that irked me about the second season of PIC. The young Jean-Luc described for us in the past wouldn't have fled from his father, but gotten right in his face. His childhood daydreaming of going to the stars wasn't that of an insecure boy looking to escape trauma at home; it was that of a natural born explorer who needed to get out there as surely as he needed to breathe oxygen.

That said, cowboy diplomacy practitioner Jim Kirk is out there threatening to spank dignitaries or straight up trapping them in a poisonous cave until they gave in. Picard may make us want to be better but man, oh man, is it vicariously gratifying to see someone put pompous people in their place the way Kirk did! I was more accepting of Kelvinverse Kirk being a combative hothead because we knew we had that in him and I can buy that under those circumstances, that was the part that emerged. I have no real need to see young Prime Kirk but when he turns up on SNW, I hope they show him as the nerd he was.

[If nothing else, you gotta give Kirk credit for one thing: He never lost a ship to a Ferengi. Seriously, how did Picard manage to fail up from losing the Stargazer to getting to captain the flagship? And isn't it telling that not one person from the Stargazer followed him to the Enterprise?]