Home The Bridge

Wunderkind collection.

Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2022 in The Bridge
Thanks for that.

20 crew give a 1% bonus to all six base stats. This can be achieved without any legendary crew.

The first three levels can be achieved with just one super rare.

Comments

• Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty weird that the final threshold reward doesn t contains any skill boosts.
    8pth08vcf5ud.jpeg
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    …and just like that, a 12hr voyage became much more achievable for me! My best is 11:50 and this collection should add about 7 minutes. (Assuming I understand how this works, which I may or may not!)
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    8pth08vcf5ud.jpeg
    I suspect that they stopped after giving each skill +1% for aesthetics or symmetry. Maybe if you think of that final tier as just a bonus beyond the 6 skill buffs, or perhaps as just a nice gesture on WRG's part, it will help you make sense of it. 😉
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022
    …and just like that, a 12hr voyage became much more achievable for me! My best is 11:50 and this collection should add about 7 minutes. (Assuming I understand how this works, which I may or may not!)

I believe it's closer to 4 or 5 minutes.

Voyage stats add the base skill to the average of the proficiency skill.
    e.g. for Dip 1000 (200-300) the stat would be 1250.

Adding 1% to the base, this would become 1260, or about 0.8%

If you already have lots of collection bonuses amounting to 25%, your Voyage dip score would be 1250 (250-375) or 1562.
    Adding 1% will still only add another 10, making it 1572, or a 0.636% increase.
    At 720 minutes that equals 4.58 minutes.

It all depends upon what your bonuses already are, and what percentage of the voyage score is made from base and proficiency.

This also ignores the original antimatter, and it's too late to factor that in.
  • Automaton_2000Automaton_2000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    8pth08vcf5ud.jpeg

Shan can you speak to this? Are WRG looking to cap the amount of stat boosts rewarded in future milestone expansions or are stat boosts missing from the Prodigy 40 milestone or something else?
  • W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's odd. The milestone is 20 and not the usual 25. Thought?
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Wesley collection.

r7l6em9wip5s.jpeg

4jihwtfsx7gc.jpeg
    Let’s fly!
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »

Yep I know Wheaton gets a lot of hate online. It’s a shame but that’s what online often is for celebrities. I liked his character and share the memes in fun.
    Let’s fly!
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    This collection does not have a skill bonus for the last threshold, it is how it was designed.
    That's all, nothing more. It does not imply anything for future collections.
    Jury Rigger needs 60. Plus, the Originals and Gauntlet collections are both due a Milestone at their current rate of expansion.
    (I keep a list.)
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • edited June 2022
    Shan wrote: »
    This collection does not have a skill bonus for the last threshold, it is how it was designed.

And yet the last tier of the gauntlet collection also is non stat boosting. This seems like more of a precident. A very bad one in my opinion. Finishing the last tiers of collections is a big part of my game at this point. This feels like strong disincentive to me.
  • Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭

And yet the last tier of the gauntlet collection also is non stat boosting. This seems like more of a precident. A very bad one in my opinion. Finishing the last tiers of collections is a big part of my game at this point. This feels like strong disincentive to me.

Knowing that the last tier of the Wunderkind collection has no lasting reward has moved prodigy crew to the bottom of the priority list. I have the first 20 done, which is all that matters.
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭

I just move it into the same category as the vanity collections. If I have a choice between a tier in Collection A or Collection B+Vanity A, guess which one I'm picking?

In the specific case of Wunderkind, most of the Prodigies that I have left are multi-collection.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • edited June 2022
    I finished it incidentally with one to spare with tarka and icheb dropping in recap packs. I was underwhelmed with my 800 honor.

Unlike vanity collections, Previous milestones do have skill buffs.
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    31/47 collections have a stat boost in the final tier (counting all collections). yes most of the ones that don't are vanity collections. I don't see what the big deal is especially with the collection bonus basically being a "free gift" once you reach that level. If you don't like it there are plenty of other collections to prioritize.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't the lower thresholds cover all six Skills?

If it was raining beer some people would complain they had a bucket instead of a bathtub.
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
    I'm still curious if all the collections will have the Milestone at 20 and not 25 like before. Enquiring minds want to know.
  • cmdrworf wrote: »
    31/47 collections have a stat boost in the final tier (counting all collections). yes most of the ones that don't are vanity collections. I don't see what the big deal is especially with the collection bonus basically being a "free gift" once you reach that level. If you don't like it there are plenty of other collections to prioritize.

There really aren't if have all of them completed.