Home The Bridge

Ten for ten, where is the discount???

Princess_UhuraPrincess_Uhura ✭✭✭✭
edited July 2022 in The Bridge
Ten for ten plus 500 vip was always 9.99 in game.

Now you have it on your webstore, where you dont lose the 20 or 30% to google or apple, and you cant pass one red cent of savings to the players??????

Calling on all players to BOYCOT this offer.

Addition: from your announcement:

Why a webstore?
Webstores offer more flexibility than regular app stores, and allow for a wider range in the offerings presented. This gives us the opportunity to propose higher value offers, greater discounts, as well as exclusive deals!

So I guess moving forward we can expect zero truth in any of their announcements

S

Comments

• cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Princess_Uhura nothing in their statement said every offer would have a discount. It said they would have the opportunity to offer them. So I hate to say it, but in this case its your statement that lacks truth and not theirs.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Princess_UhuraPrincess_Uhura ✭✭✭✭
    cmdrworf wrote: »
    @Princess_Uhura nothing in their statement said every offer would have a discount. It said they would have the opportunity to offer them. So I hate to say it, but in this case its your statement that lacks truth and not theirs.

Wrong. You can jump to their defense as much as you want, but every justification and excuse offered by wrg for this store was obviously a veiled attempt to shift all payments through the webstore with no discount to players.

Plenty of people on this site jumped in saying oh hey i think its good for them to get that 20 or 30 percent that apple etc was taking, and they xan also pass that on to players.

But thats not happening is it? They are going for apple etc’s cut, without any discount to players or heck, even tossing in an extra pack as a show of good faithz

Its greed. Plain and simple.

Argue that its not, i dare you.

Wrong. You can jump to their defense as much as you want, but every justification and excuse offered by wrg for this store was obviously a veiled attempt to shift all payments through the webstore with no discount to players.

Plenty of people on this site jumped in saying oh hey i think its good for them to get that 20 or 30 percent that apple etc was taking, and they xan also pass that on to players.

But thats not happening is it? They are going for apple etc’s cut, without any discount to players or heck, even tossing in an extra pack as a show of good faithz

Its greed. Plain and simple.

Argue that its not, i dare you.

I will argue it. Its not greed. Its cutting out the middle man and trying to keep a game we all love viable longer. The more revenue they take in, the longer the game lasts. If they cut out the Google/Apple share and are able to keep more revenue in their pocket it means the game stays around longer for us to enjoy. I don't see that as greed, I see that as smart business.

Lets put it this way....

If it was the same price in both places but google/apple charge the buyer a 30% premium which would you do? I'm sure it would not be the Google/apple method as that would not be smart business. Same difference.

Your argument is invalid, because you are (purposefully?) ignoring the crux of the issue.

If the ten for ten deal was offered on both the webstore and in game, for 9.99 as it always has been, what would players do? Would they take advantage of the convenience offered by the in game purchase or jump theough some hoops to give wrg a bigger cut of the pie? Obviously they would do what was most convenient. Thats simple market evonomics 101.

BUT!!! They dont have that option, because wrg is not offering that deal on the in game platform, ONLY through the webstore and at the same price as always.

So, basically you are saying its a great day for the players, because for exactly the same price, they have the privelidve of buying an offer through a slightly clunkier method that will yield the game makers 30% extra. You sure you dont want to rethink your stance?

How about this, a true good faith offer? Put the deal as weve always seen available in game, and make the webstore offer more appealing by offering 20% more value in the deal, if you are that opposed to discounts.

I just love how you keep changing your argument as you are losing.... Yes you are correct, they do normally have it in both places.

And where did I say it was a great day for players? I said its a way to help keep a game we all love around longer buy keeping more funds in WRG's pocket. I guess you could interpret that way Personally I don't care where the offer is. If its what I want, at a price I am willing to pay I'll buy it.

I don't see why you are so upset about it being in the webstore vs in game. Its the same offer, if you want it go buy it. if you don't move along.

My argument has not changed at all. The core issue i have is that the company nets 30% extra off of this deal, the players get mothing extra except for the extra effort required to buy it.

You saying it dosnt matter is being completely obtuse to what is really happening here. So, since you cant understand simple logic, maybe you should move along and stop offering pointless opinions that are nothing but covering up and kissing up to a greedyy move by a company? Hows that sound?
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    We will not know if it is being removed from the in-game purchases until they either announce that, or it appears again in-game. I got it, and have the ten Packs still. Ran out of room from the Campaign Packs, new Reno, and Recaps.
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
    I just love how you keep changing your argument as you are losing.... Yes you are correct, they do normally have it in both places.

And where did I say it was a great day for players? I said its a way to help keep a game we all love around longer buy keeping more funds in WRG's pocket. I guess you could interpret that way Personally I don't care where the offer is. If its what I want, at a price I am willing to pay I'll buy it.

I don't see why you are so upset about it being in the webstore vs in game. Its the same offer, if you want it go buy it. if you don't move along.

My argument has not changed at all. The core issue i have is that the company nets 30% extra off of this deal, the players get mothing extra except for the extra effort required to buy it.

You saying it dosnt matter is being completely obtuse to what is really happening here. So, since you cant understand simple logic, maybe you should move along and stop offering pointless opinions that are nothing but covering up and kissing up to a greedyy move by a company? Hows that sound?

You must be the life of the party with your cheerful attitude towards everything,

Ill take objectivity over absentminded any day of the week. Thank you.

I think if a day came that I ever came on the forums and didn't find someone outraged and ranting about something, I would assume the world had ended while I slept.

I think if a day ever came that i showed up on the forums and there werent a bunch of chauvinists to wave the wrg banner i would be able to say that my faith in humanity was restored.

• cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think if a day came that I ever came on the forums and didn't find someone outraged and ranting about something, I would assume the world had ended while I slept.

I think if a day ever came that i showed up on the forums and there werent a bunch of chauvinists to wave the wrg banner i would be able to say that my faith in humanity was restored.

And then you digress to name calling and lose any credibility you might have had left. Its a shame that you don't want a company to do better that makes something that you, in theory, enjoy and support do better. And no we're not waving the WRG banner, we just showing why this is actually a good thing for a game that we all enjoy. Is it ideal for the players to need to go to something external to buy? No, of course not. But its not a big deal either. Its not the first game I've played to do, and with the way things are going, I expect this to become more normal.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pop quiz, Y'all.

Which of these $9.99 Offers {if either} is better?

8wes2p3c6te1.jpg
    gzizkkxtos8l.jpg

What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?

And then you digress to name calling and lose any credibility you might have had left. Its a shame that you don't want a company to do better that makes something that you, in theory, enjoy and support do better. And no we're not waving the WRG banner, we just showing why this is actually a good thing for a game that we all enjoy. Is it ideal for the players to need to go to something external to buy? No, of course not. But its not a big deal either. Its not the first game I've played to do, and with the way things are going, I expect this to become more normal.

Wanting the company to do better is entirely achievable while still offering a better deal to the players.

The knowledge that they are hypothetically clearing 20-30% extra profit through their own webstore makes me expect them to do something for us. Something extra, on top of what is already done on a daily basis or done in the past. For it to be a good move, both consumer and company should benefit.

Your view that only the company should benefit is truly bizarre from my perspective, but i wish you good luck with that.

And for the others in tjis thread saying its no big deal, ill be interested to hear your views when offers are only available on the webstore, they are clearing 30% extra, and NO VALUE IS ADDED to the offer, OR THE GAME for the players.

Some people can see whats coming down the tracks, other people like to sit in the pot till it starts boiling. I think we can see who is who
    Navarch wrote: »
    If offers are only available on the webstore, then WRG’s sales fall by more than 50%. Out of sight, out of mind.

I agree with you that in order to get me to buy from the webstore, WRG has to provide extra value for customers. The campaign discount was a step in the right direction, though saving less than $2 isn’t worth the extra work for many. The 10 for $10 offer isn’t worth the effort for me to use the webstore, so WRG won’t get that sale. Their loss.

I don’t understand the anger though. At the end of the day, this is only a game.

Not intending for my posts to come across as angry.

Certainly annoyed, but not angry.
  • Kim_Novak.IIKim_Novak.II ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    While I have not done it yet, one thing that the webstore has that any other place doesn't is the ability to gift other players, no?
    If offers are only available on the webstore, then WRG’s sales fall by more than 50%. Out of sight, out of mind.

I agree with you that in order to get me to buy from the webstore, WRG has to provide extra value for customers. The campaign discount was a step in the right direction, though saving less than $2 isn’t worth the extra work for many. The 10 for $10 offer isn’t worth the effort for me to use the webstore, so WRG won’t get that sale. Their loss.

I don’t understand the anger though. At the end of the day, this is only a game.

Not intending for my posts to come across as angry.

Certainly annoyed, but not angry.

rb85dmjzkr3p.jpg
  • This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I have not done it yet, one thing that the webstore has that any other place doesn't is the ability to gift other players, no?

I gifted you a $500 pack

I gifted you a $500 pack

I guess that is blackmail for getting me to leave my fleet & join yours?
  • Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭

I gifted you a $500 pack

Never take the first offer.

I gifted you a $500 pack

Never take the first offer.

Waiting for better offers before leaving my fleet, although hasn't stopped me from opening all those packs!
This discussion has been closed.