Home The Bridge
Options

Fleet Boss Battles - Feedback thread

Comments

• Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    cmdrworf wrote: »
    Its official, we are stuck and HOPING that the bonuses (whenever that release may show up) is enough to help us beat brutal. Without that we're done with the new feature already.

Try nightmare. I'm finding it easier than brutal because of the 5* ship and crew.
  • Options
    AviTrek wrote: »
    cmdrworf wrote: »
    Its official, we are stuck and HOPING that the bonuses (whenever that release may show up) is enough to help us beat brutal. Without that we're done with the new feature already.

Try nightmare. I'm finding it easier than brutal because of the 5* ship and crew.

...we can't? You have to beat Brutal at least once before you can "try" Nightmare, and my fleet (and presumably cmdrworf's) didn't manage that even when we were given 10 extra Valor.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gotta post one last time. Have not seen anyone mention this. When you go to do a Node, the Crew list pops up and covers like half the list of Traits we need to look for. Very poor design.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gotta post one last time. Have not seen anyone mention this. When you go to do a Node, the Crew list pops up and covers like half the list of Traits we need to look for. Very poor design.

That filter should exclude any traits that are greyed out, since many of the crew option displayed aren't actually viable options to consider at all.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Webberoni wrote: »

That filter should exclude any traits that are greyed out, since many of the crew option displayed aren't actually viable options to consider at all.

Can't see what is "greyed out" if it is covered by the crew list.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you go to change crew, the current crews special ability stays open and covers half of the the crew selection list.
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you go to change crew, the current crews special ability stays open and covers half of the the crew selection list.

It also doesn't show the crews traits, which would be quite helpful at that stage.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1486 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    EnderW wrote: »

It also doesn't show the crews traits, which would be quite helpful at that stage.

The crew trait selection is so terrible in game, I'm basically doing all my decisions out of the game and only using the game UI to pick the crew I already decided on.

But that does remind me, the crew icons are so small, especially when we only see the headshot, it can be difficult to tell the difference between two versions of the same crew.
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm annoyed that you can't see who in your fleet is actually online, when you're trying to see who is available to help with a chain. I was chatting with a fleet mate that was supposedly last online five and a half hours ago, while I hadn't been online in over seventeen! I was also in a moot where the five of us weren't online according to the indicator. I suspect it might be tied to the lag with the servers.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    We're also stuck on Brutal. Hit all 4 combo chains in record time, and still had 500M damage left to do when the time ran out.

Looks like we're just chipping away for the extra 500 honour every day now
    Fleet Admiral of NCC UK Midlands."Leave any bigotry in your quarters. There's no room for it on the bridge." - J.T. Kirk, 2266
  • Options
    edited August 2022

The crew trait selection is so terrible in game, I'm basically doing all my decisions out of the game and only using the game UI to pick the crew I already decided on.

Yeah, I noticed that opening the crew selection in game lists one, maybe two "possible" traits (which may already be greyed out), while not showing other traits owned by the character that ARE actually possible. Unless I was going into crew quarters and checked individually or went to an out of game calculator site, I wouldn't see that they have an active possible trait that I should try using. It's awful UI.
  • Options
    ArnieArnie ✭✭✭✭
    We've had several cases where the first trait was federation, and greyed-out options were Starfleet and human, and it was impossible to search for crew in-game as it was still suggesting crew with those traits (and in some cases, to the detriment of flagging legitimate traits those crew had)!
  • Options
    tytlaltytlal ✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    darn, just add a wrgrium to all boss battles, so in 10 years(sic+ bad joke) it can be synthesized to whatever needed by most captains in lowest lvl fleets to progress to next lvl boss. can be even named by boss name and lvl, so high lvl fleets wont have any use of it even on next generation of fleetboss
    and then again, it might flood out already filled up inventories.
    me bad,bad indeeed
  • Options
    OmegaGuyOmegaGuy ✭✭
    edited August 2022
    it is the most useless feature I've ever seen, complete waste of time...comment moderated. ~Shan
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about adding a pause button?
  • Options
    EdwynEdwyn ✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    Let's not, thanks :) ~Shan
  • Options
    Emperor Borg Drone (SC)Emperor Borg Drone (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    Someone in my fleet mentioned that according to official info from WRG the crew's accuracy and evasion abilities are irrelevant in boss battles, because only attack is actually used. I can't remember reading anything like that.

Are they wrong or did I miss this info?
  • Options
    SlickSlick ✭✭✭
    Someone in my fleet mentioned that according to official info from WRG the crew's accuracy and evasion abilities are irrelevant in boss battles, because only attack is actually used. I can't remember reading anything like that.

Evasion is not irrelevant. On a few rare occassions the boss attack did no damage to me whatsoever. As I said, it's rare but it has happened more than once.

Accuracy on the other hand, does seem to be irrelevant because the boss has zero evasion.
    Fleet Admiral - Dazed & Confused 🤸🤸🙃 We are still waiting for Enterprises B & C, the Delta Flyer, and a Runabout! We should also have a TNG season 1 red shirt LT JG Worf, and a "Far Beyond The Stars" DS9 episode crew collection!
  • Options
    Slick wrote: »

Evasion is not irrelevant. On a few rare occassions the boss attack did no damage to me whatsoever. As I said, it's rare but it has happened more than once.

Accuracy on the other hand, does seem to be irrelevant because the boss has zero evasion.

That makes sense. I was also pretty sure about evasion, given that I evade the boss regularly on Brutal, but I'm still curious where this info came from. My fleetmate made it sound like it was in an official communication of some kind.
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭

That makes sense. I was also pretty sure about evasion, given that I evade the boss regularly on Brutal, but I'm still curious where this info came from. My fleetmate made it sound like it was in an official communication of some kind.

Ben said it in the release stream video. Something like "evasion doesn't work because the boss never misses", but think he meant the boss doesn't evade and we never miss.
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ben definitely said it. And the Boss definitely can miss.
  • Options

Ben said it in the release stream video. Something like "evasion doesn't work because the boss never misses", but think he meant the boss doesn't evade and we never miss.

That must be what they were talking about!

It still doesn't completely answer the question about accuracy. Is accuracy only useful if the opponent has evasion? If yes, then it shouldn't make a difference whether I use a 1/5* or 5/5* crew with accuracy in a boss battle.
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭

It still doesn't completely answer the question about accuracy. Is accuracy only useful if the opponent has evasion? If yes, then it shouldn't make a difference whether I use a 1/5* or 5/5* crew with accuracy in a boss battle.

I haven't seen anything less than 100% hit rate, so I don't believe there is an issue using 1/5 v 5/5 for accuracy crew.
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options

I haven't seen anything less than 100% hit rate, so I don't believe there is an issue using 1/5 v 5/5 for accuracy crew.

Right, I missed that detail!
  • Options
    Right, I missed that detail!

Ironic!
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's same with the main Space Junkies fleet I'm purrently in. We do Ultra and Nightmare in an alternating rotation (ruffly 26 hours to kill both), but if Ultra awarded 3 or 4 Bilitrium I on top of it's other rewards, we could ditch Nightmare completely.
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Then you also are publicly promising to buy this offer in exchange for a small change to Ultra rewards 😜
    9c5abbux24cq.jpg