Home The Bridge
Options

Fleet Boss Battles - Feedback thread

Comments

• Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about if the 10% hull damage from a combojane would be divided as purrsonal damage to the boss by those who cleared it (2% if all five solvers are individual). On Brutal, that would be 23 million for each solver).
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Shan Are we reading the server release correctly, that you just made it 20% harder to get the same magnesite on UNM? I like adding extra tiers, but now we need an additional run just to get the same reward?
  • Options
    This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please consider adding Bilitrium 1 to Ultra pretty please. Fleets still have people under level 13 who could use it. While we are SSR can do Nightmare and Ultra at the same time, it will cause issues for other fleets if people leave because Ultra is the only the focus or Nightmare isn't enough. Plus new recruits can't join fleets if their bridge isn't high enough.
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    @Shan Are we reading the server release correctly, that you just made it 20% harder to get the same magnesite on UNM? I like adding extra tiers, but now we need an additional run just to get the same reward?

Seems it affects all reward tiers, for sure Nightmare.

Just an example. Before u only needed 40m damage to get 290 magnesite
    (on Nightmare), now u only get 225 if u deal 40m damage. Thats a nerf!

Yes if u score 3m more(43m) u get 325 instead of 290 before. But 3m more can be an issue for smaller accounts.
    Doesn t change the fact that u need to provide more min damage for the same amount of magnesite than before.

wy6hkjcyk5a7.jpeg
    37ovzb95vdd4.jpeg

•SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭

Regardless some FleetBoss Buffs are 20% already, i can t see any difference at all, nor that they’re being a help.

Not saying buffs don t work, but to me they feel like they are pointless(make no difference at all), at least for Boss Battles.

Yeah, I'm at Captain's Bridge level 11, with "Damage Dealt To Boss" & "Defence Against Boss" both at 28.8% -- yet I haven't noticed any difference in battle damage from the boss buffs.

(Nor have I noticed any difference in the Arena for the other buffs, although those are much smaller percentages, so I wouldn't really expect to.)

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭

I think this has to do with the buff that will be added but I will ask confirmation.
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    See the bright side of it ... Nightmare now has 525 Magnusite instead of only 400 Magnusite for maximum tear, even though you will have to deal some more Jhamage. :)
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Data1001 wrote: »

Regardless some FleetBoss Buffs are 20% already, i can t see any difference at all, nor that they’re being a help.

Not saying buffs don t work, but to me they feel like they are pointless(make no difference at all), at least for Boss Battles.

Yeah, I'm at Captain's Bridge level 11, with "Damage Dealt To Boss" & "Defence Against Boss" both at 28.8% -- yet I haven't noticed any difference in battle damage from the boss buffs.

(Nor have I noticed any difference in the Arena for the other buffs, although those are much smaller percentages, so I wouldn't really expect to.)

Extra damage is hard to perceive. Was that my Bridge or was it just a Crit? Or did I live an extra few seconds?

What does the bridge definitely give me? Longevity.

My lazy Nightmare build is Proton with Scotty, Labourer Kirk, Mok Crusher and Spork. I am Bridge 10.8 currently. This build will go the distance on full auto now. When I was fresh to Nightmare it would not. It scores 11-12M damage after 180s.

The real damage comes from being able to get away with the lowest amount of hull repair possible.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    Please consider adding Bilitrium 1 to Ultra pretty please. Fleets still have people under level 13 who could use it. While we are SSR can do Nightmare and Ultra at the same time, it will cause issues for other fleets if people leave because Ultra is the only the focus or Nightmare isn't enough. Plus new recruits can't join fleets if their bridge isn't high enough.

Some people will stay level 7 forever. They can join us.
  • Options
    [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »

I think this has to do with the buff that will be added but I will ask confirmation.

Cool, without having tried them, if buffs are increasing damage output 20-30% this seems reasonable. Are you guys finally addressing the node clearing penalty though? Because otherwise this just got way worse for the people actually clearing the node.
  • Options
    KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    - improved crew selection when trying to resolve a node with addition of a search function, showing more relevant traits for each crew listed, but also showing crew that are in the vault, with the ability to unfreeze them directly from the list (provided you have a crew slot space)

I know this is a step in the right direction, and it's OK, but I think it falls a little short. What we really need is a "quick unfreeze/refreeze" (for a cost, of course) for the duration of the battle, so we don't have to find a free space all the time. Including fronzen crew on the search helps a little, but I still have to keep an open space (I seldom have one, so if this is useful, it will be for one time until I have to go to quarters to find someone I can freeze to unfreeze someone else).

IMO, a relatively easy work around, programatically, would be to just allow frozen crew in FBB, and then just charge, for each battle, for each frozen crew used, the cost of unfreezing, maybe even a little more for the convenience of not keeping a free space all the time, unfreezing and then freezing again.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    No Fleet Boss Battles until the 6th? Or is the in-game message worded wrong?
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    I did not see a reference to limiting starting the FBB in the new build fix, is that still coming in this build or next? Major problem to manage a far flung fleet effectively without it

Adm
    [BART's]KopaceticK
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    No Fleet Boss Battles until the 6th? Or is the in-game message worded wrong?

No FBB until the 6th. They clearly don't want players on different clients battling the same boss. So they paused all boss battles for a week to allow the new client to roll out on all platforms. Then once they can do the forced update they reenable FBB.
  • Options
    I did not see a reference to limiting starting the FBB in the new build fix, is that still coming in this build or next? Major problem to manage a far flung fleet effectively without it

Adm
    [BART's]KopaceticK

Sorry to quote my own, but I believe it was answered in a couple other posts that this feature will be looked at in further builds. I'll leave this here instead of deleting in case others had the same ? and didn't find a quick answer either.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    “ - some scaling issues have been fixed, it should now be easier to close the Captain’s Bridge on certain devices. The list of traits in combo view should no longer run the risk of being truncated, as a result the traits shown will go up to maximum 24 instead of 12 (the number of traits displayed varies per combo chain)”

I found this part a little confusing. Are they increasing the number of traits possible for combo chains or do higher bosses that I haven’t done have more traits and nothing is being changed except that they will all be seen now?
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    “ - some scaling issues have been fixed, it should now be easier to close the Captain’s Bridge on certain devices. The list of traits in combo view should no longer run the risk of being truncated, as a result the traits shown will go up to maximum 24 instead of 12 (the number of traits displayed varies per combo chain)”

I found this part a little confusing. Are they increasing the number of traits possible for combo chains or do higher bosses that I haven’t done have more traits and nothing is being changed except that they will all be seen now?

It's an increase from what we've had recently, but done to bring it back to the original design. The traits didn't all display on all devices (which made it essentially impossible) so as a temporary fix they reduced the number so that they would definitely all display. Now that they've fiddled with the display to make sure they all fit, they can go back to the original number.
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022

Adm
    [BART's]KopaceticK

From Shan: "We heard your feedback regarding the need to limit the ability to start a battle to only Admirals and Officers. This is something we hope to be able to implement for our 9.2.0 client, likewise for the request to see who started a battle."
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    SonjaSonja ✭✭✭
    edited August 2022

We here at =j= space junkies are also doing NM & UNM at the same time.
    I agree that adding Bilitrium 1 as UNM reward is a very good idea.
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ivanstone wrote: »

Extra damage is hard to perceive. Was that my Bridge or was it just a Crit? Or did I live an extra few seconds?

My lazy Nightmare build is Proton with Scotty, Labourer Kirk, Mok Crusher and Spork. I am Bridge 10.8 currently. This build will go the distance on full auto now. When I was fresh to Nightmare it would not. It scores 11-12M damage after 180s.

The real damage comes from being able to get away with the lowest amount of hull repair possible.

Ur right, though my battles last 180 seconds(or 60 seconds thanks to 3x speed up) 99% of the time.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭

Ur right, though my battles last 180 seconds(or 60 seconds thanks to 3x speed up) 99% of the time.

Yeah but what are you using to get there? I can go all the way with Proton and do 11M damage. Or I can go all the way with a Keldon and do 20M damage. And the Keldon isn't a very good ship.

Alternatively I could probably do a lot less damage by using budget repair crew like Lefler but for some people its their only option. A buffed bridge makes that happen.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭

Cool, without having tried them, if buffs are increasing damage output 20-30% this seems reasonable. Are you guys finally addressing the node clearing penalty though? Because otherwise this just got way worse for the people actually clearing the node.

I can confirm that we did a balance pass taking into account what our current damage data is showing and taking into account the upcoming buff.

As for the node clearing penalty it's something we are continuing to assess once the buff system is in place. That will allow us to see what should be tackled with 9.2.0.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022

I can confirm that we did a balance pass taking into account what our current damage data is showing and taking into account the upcoming buff.

As for the node clearing penalty it's something we are continuing to assess once the buff system is in place. That will allow us to see what should be tackled with 9.2.0.

Just give people a free Valour for clearing a node. I can do 20M with a Keldon. Or I can do the Trait Clown Car and score 1M. And then maybe get nothing. Bonus Valour is a reasonable compromise for gambling.

+1, excellent idea
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭

Just give people a free Valour for clearing a node. I can do 20M with a Keldon. Or I can do the Trait Clown Car and score 1M. And then maybe get nothing. Bonus Valour is a reasonable compromise for gambling.

While it is nice to reward those that clear a node, what about everybody who burns tickets in an attempt to clear a node and provide data to their fleet about what trait(s) don't work? They don't get credit for clearing a node AND they effectively waste tickets with minimal damage.

The easiest thing would be to do away with reward qualification requirements and tiers altogether, since this is meant to be a collaborative fleet event. Just simplify the rewards so that any fleet member that plays a ticket gets all the rewards.

This could be a sore point if some people only play a single ticket to take advantage of the hard work done by others, but leave that to the fleet to iron out themselves.