Home The Bridge
Options

Mirror Universe Mega Event?

Seems to be coming soon based on this post from the STT facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/startrektimelines/posts/2087814654787729:0

Everyone start getting psyched for Mirror Janeway.
Proud Former Admiral of eXodus
Proud Former Officer of The Gluten Empire

Retired 12-14-20. So long, and thanks for all the cat pics!

Comments

• Options
    MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty quick for another Mega, isn't it?

Oh, and was that Boba Fett's shadow in the pic? Now *that* would be some serious alternate universe stuff...
  • Options
    Could that be “Mirror Picard” shiouletted in the background.....?

That’s would be an awesome 5* each week!
  • Options
    Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    They seem to be on a quarterly pace for megas. October was discovery, so it makes sense to start hyping a January mega now?
  • Options
    XanatharXanathar ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Oh please no.
    Mega events are so monotonous and the "mirror universe" has been done to death in fandom and the expanded universe. Yawn...

But if you must do this, please add the "Klingon-Cardassian Alliance" trait to Mirror Jennifer Sisko.
  • Options
    I could get on board with this..
    At first I was a little..ehh... But the more I talk about it with wife I'm getting pretty excited about this..

But @Shan , @Black Pebble
    Please do not forget we need Convergence Day rerun.. after all it is the celebration of Timelines :smile: D
    And I need me another star on Convergence day Quark ! Lol.

Digressing..
    I want 5* Captian Smiley as the month long give away :D
  • Options
    Could that be “Mirror Picard” shiouletted in the background.....?

That’s would be an awesome 5* each week!

I don't want to take away anyone's preferred character, but I sure hope they don't make him the event 5*. I'd much rather have a crew I've seen on screen and feel strongly about as the event mainstay.
  • Options
    Nero84Nero84 ✭✭✭
    I like mirror events personally but tomorrow they release next weeks event information so it really might be as simply as that.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This sounds like an awesome idea! And I still like the idea from an earlier post of separate ranked rewards for the totals of all four weeks
  • Options
    A new Mirror Ferengi every week, please
  • Options
    KaiteeKaitee ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, please include TNG-era Terran Empire - I don't care that DB haven't had the greatest track record with non-canon inventions, I want this like I want a holiday on Risa.
  • Options
    Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    They seem to be on a quarterly pace for megas. October was discovery, so it makes sense to start hyping a January mega now?

As a note, the schedule was:

May: Borg mega
    June: normal events
    July: Klingon mega
    August: normal events
    September: normal events
    October: Discovery mega

It's entirely possible DB is aiming for every other month being a mega event (which seems awful to me) and that TV forced them to move Discovery back a month and now they are back on EOM (which would peg this one to start next weekend.

They teased out the Borg mega a few weeks in advance, but didn't really do that for the others.

It seems like it's way too early to be teasing about a January event, but way too late (esp with a promo that's moderately coy like that one) if they are aiming to launch it next week. Maybe they split the difference and kick it off right before X-Mas and do mid Dec -> mid Jan to cover all the major holiday weekends?

That makes the most sense in my head, at least.
  • Options
    This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love it because it will play in with Discovery and I can't wait. But if Mirror Captain Tilly is the month long reward I quit.
  • Options
    Mirror Klingon Quark!
  • Options
    How about Mirror Jadzia?
    23gtz0k7h0fj.jpg

Pretty much all Jadzias are welcome.
  • Options
    h2hyir6y4u9b.jpg

I've really enjoyed the comics! It's really been interesting to see the TNG crew in the Mirror Universe. The silhouette really does look like an outline of Mirror Picard...fingers crossed!

Whether this is a Mega Event or a random weekly event, I hope it's a good one!
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Data1001 wrote: »
    BREAKING NEWS: Leaked image from the upcoming event...

haprp9wel3uh.jpg

#EvilSpockBeards for everyone.

Ha! That’s awesome! You got me too cuz before my eyes could focus on the picture I thought you really had some inside dope

• Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love it because it will play in with Discovery and I can't wait. But if Mirror Captain Tilly is the month long reward I quit.

If it plays in with Discovery, then they'd need to wait until Discovery returns in January. But this is way too early to promote a January mega event.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »

If it plays in with Discovery, then they'd need to wait until Discovery returns in January. But this is way too early to promote a January mega event.

Agreed Plus I don’t think they want to delay the info week to week like last time. I would think there was enough outcry from us that our voice was heard. Also Shan did issue an apology afterwards regarding it so they realized in hindsight it wasn’t a good move

• Options
    This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    True, a months promotion would be to much unless it starts with original series and the last event or two is discovery focused
  • Options
    Ricard Daystrom Ricard Daystrom ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    My Suggestions for a Character for this Mega Event:
    CANON

qelagfwq6xh6.jpg
    4* Mirror Sulu
    COM-SEC-SCI
    Terran,Terran Empire,Pilot,Resourceful,Tactician,Brutal,Romantic

hh9abw1gc7i8.jpg
    *4 Mirror Tuvok
    SEC-COM-ENG
    Vulcan,Terran Rebellion,Telepath,Tactician,Soldier,Brutal

7r69e0vjb3ir.jpeg
    5* Mirror Vic Fontaine
    SEC-COM-MED
    Terran,Terran Rebellion,Crafty,Romantic,Gambler,Brutal

NON-CANON

5* Mirror Empress Janeway
    COM-SEC-SCI
    Terran,Terran Empire,Empress,Brutal,Romantic,Gambler,Resourceful

Captian of the ISS Voyager and Empress of the Terran Empire, Mirror Janeway rules the empire with an iron fist.

4* Mirror Chakotay
    SEC-COM
    Terran,Terran Empire,Hunter,Survivalist,Tactician,Brutal,Romantic,Gambler,Pilot

First Officer of the ISS Voyager, Chakotay is the husband of Empress Janeway and uses the Val Jean to raid the remaining KCA outposts

5* Mirror Neelix
    SEC-COM-ENG
    Talaxian,Mylean,Terran Empire,Chef,Resourceful,Survivalist,Civilian,Merchant,Gambler,Romantic,Jury Rigger,Scoundrel

Owner of a large frieghter,
    Mirror Neelix is a Scoundrel who assists the Empire

Proud Member of Everlong and avid Star Trek Fan

• Options
    TcalTcal ✭✭✭
    I hope they stick to just canon characters. So Mirror ENT, ToS, and DS9 (+Tuvok).
  • Options
    TcalTcal ✭✭✭
    Also: Mirror Zephram Cochrane!
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mirror Cochran would be cool. Stopped the Vulcan invasion. I have been promoting mirror Mayweather for some time too
  • Options
    Very neat suggestions!
    Dante123 wrote: »
    My Suggestions for a Character for this Mega Event:
    CANON

qelagfwq6xh6.jpg
    4* Mirror Sulu
    COM-SEC-SCI
    Terran,Terran Empire,Pilot,Resourceful,Tactician,Brutal,Romantic

hh9abw1gc7i8.jpg
    *4 Mirror Tuvok
    SEC-COM-ENG
    Vulcan,Terran Rebellion,Telepath,Tactician,Soldier,Brutal

7r69e0vjb3ir.jpeg
    5* Mirror Vic Fontaine
    SEC-COM-MED
    Terran,Terran Rebellion,Crafty,Romantic,Gambler,Brutal

NON-CANON

5* Mirror Empress Janeway
    COM-SEC-SCI
    Terran,Terran Empire,Empress,Brutal,Romantic,Gambler,Resourceful

Captian of the ISS Voyager and Empress of the Terran Empire, Mirror Janeway rules the empire with an iron fist.

4* Mirror Chakotay
    SEC-COM
    Terran,Terran Empire,Hunter,Survivalist,Tactician,Brutal,Romantic,Gambler,Pilot

First Officer of the ISS Voyager, Chakotay is the husband of Empress Janeway and uses the Val Jean to raid the remaining KCA outposts

5* Mirror Neelix
    SEC-COM-ENG
    Talaxian,Mylean,Terran Empire,Chef,Resourceful,Survivalist,Civilian,Merchant,Gambler,Romantic,Jury Rigger,Scoundrel

Owner of a large frieghter,
    Mirritation Neelix is a Scoundrel who assists the Empire

• Options
    IkritIkrit ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Tcal wrote: »
    Also: Mirror Zephram Cochrane!

Mirror Cochrane would be amazing (and not just because I have Phoenix Cochrane and would hopefully get a bonus from there). His choice at first contact with the Vulcans is the divergence between the Prime Universe and the Mirror Universe (making him a sort of "leader" in the same vein as the mega 5*s: Kortar (the first Klingon), Borg Queen (obvious), and T'Kuvma (leader of the antagonistic Klingons in Discovery). The only reason I don't see him as the mega 5* is that at least 2 of the other 3 are "one-offs". You won't see other versions of Kortar and the Borg Queen (I don't know about T'Kuvma; not watching Discovery) because there are no other versions or costumes. But as a regular character, heck yes for Mirror Cochrane! High Eng and Sec with some Sci (as opposed to the high Eng and Sci with some Dip that Phoenix Cochrane has).

I don't see them giving out main cast members either, because they are giving away a free 4/5, and someone like Picard would be very powerful in all of his future events and reruns.

Also, have they teased regular events this way? Or is this something they have only done with the mega-events?

Another thought: Could it be a teaser for the new Honor Hall or Gauntlet reward? The text leads me to believe not, but DB isn't always...accurate with their text.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    It is about time we've gotten a mirror universe event. The Mirror episodes in TOS, DS9 and Enterprise were one of the best and most memorable ever. I wouldn't mind a Captain Forest either - not to mention that the actor, Vaughn Armstrong, is probably next to Jeffrey Combs in appearances as various species in TNG, DS9, Voyager, and Enterprise.

To the people who say Mirror Universe is overplayed, I would answer that I don't think it was used nearly enough over the course of all Star Trek series. It boasts a limitless potential for great storytelling.