Home Ready Room

Fleet Boss Battle Setup Sheet

JimBerlinJimBerlin ✭✭✭
edited July 2022 in Ready Room
I haven't seen one yet, so I'm starting a sheet that has setups by tier and information about their performance. I have tried to set it so anyone with the link can edit the "submissions" portion. If this is not working for you, feel free to put screenshots on here and I'll update it as I can. If Sheets allows it, I'll grant others permissions to edit those protected ranges and share the load.

Please use Shan's thread for strategy discussion. Use this thread for comments related to this sheet or for submitting scores.

I'll put anything up for now and put an asterisk next to those that haven't had at least four replicates submitted. I've pulled a number from multiple Discords, but that's unsustainable. A Discord server for this tool has been created and an invite link is below. After enough replicates have been run, we can put a bit of statistics on the page and verify with at least one more user testing. I know this isn't perfect because the scores will creep as our Captain's Bridges level up. We'll deal with that later. Let's not let "great" get in the way of "good" at the moment.

Example submission:
f1ymbazvegzd.png

Sheet Link:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1AqxXTqmdDEJo3lu-H3HSHmT27XrMk-dWQCWDaD8fM6A/edit?usp=sharing

Constructive feedback is welcomed. It's a living document and I'm sure it will get cleaned up over time. Hope this helps you all.

NEW - Discord established. I know I have a lot easier time with screenshots through that than here. Feel free to use either if uploading screenshots.
https://discord.gg/Z3dQC74nMZ

Updates:
Navigation page with internal and external links - coming soon
Alternative Builds and Crew Substitutions - coming soon, may be on one page or separated by tier, TBD

JB

Comments

• AthenethorAthenethor ✭✭
    edited July 2022
    I've tried this setup twice on brutal

1v887bnibbc7.png

One with 3830k damage, second with 2250k damage, both on auto
  • Thanks for setting this up!
  • JimBerlinJimBerlin ✭✭✭
    I think we'll need to start including people's attack boost, at least. For this boss, I haven't seen anything less than 100% accuracy, so that boost won't impact it. Theoretically, a hull boost could mean you survive for extra rounds and skew the damage, but I don't think people are to the point yet where that's a major concern. The consensus I'm seeing is that these bridge upgrades are a long term project because of the Kemocite bottleneck.

Screenshots of damage would be preferred, if you're uploading those here.

If you're inputting submissions in the document, it might be best to put multiple replicates as separate lines.

I think I'm going to compile daily for now and save the submissions to an archive that is protected within the document. So, if your submission gets removed that should mean its been logged or saved in some way.
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Borg Sphere
    T’Pau/Ardra/Mariner/Skorr
    Level 2 Captains Bridge Buffs
    Manual until Damage is taken. Switched to Auto for the duration of the battle.
    T’Pau, Mariner and Skorr each triggered twice while Position was up.
    nbgaenbhhvru.png

VIP 13 - 305 Crew Slots - 915 Immortals
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    BRUTAL DIVISION: I ran this setup 9 times, average damage is 2,474,941. VERY consistent, works on Auto 100%

zu8iyawc0pep.jpg

-EDIT-
    Carpenter Street T'Pol
    Mariner
    Ardra
    Nemesis Data (misses seat so no passives)
  • JimBerlinJimBerlin ✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Ivanstone wrote: »
    Borg Sphere
    nbgaenbhhvru.png

I've got level 2 as +0.8% to ship attack and +4.8% to damage dealt to boss. I'm not sure exactly how that's going to modify everything in the end. Is that going to be 5.6% total increase, or is the ship attack part of an equation where 0.8% increase to that component does not mean 0.8% damage increase. Anybody feel free to chime in. I thought I had seen formulas for this, but can't find them now.

So, do you mean manual until damage to hull or damage period?

What I'm seeing...
    position activates @ 8 s, lasts until 16s, retrigger @ 26 s
    T'Pau - position triggered +10 to Atk @ 8 s, retrigger at 24 s or later.
    Ardra - crit boost after 6 s, retrigger @ 30 s (in similar setups she hasn't gotten a second chance from my testing)
    Bat'leth Mariner - +7 Atk, 350% position hammer @ 10 s, fires again at 22 s or later
    Skorr Tchar - +7 Atk, 350% position hammer @ 10 s, fires again at 22 s or later
  • JimBerlin wrote: »
    Borg Sphere
    nbgaenbhhvru.png

I've got level 2 as +0.8% to ship attack and +4.8% to damage dealt to boss. I'm not sure exactly how that's going to modify everything in the end. Is that going to be 5.6% total increase, or is the ship attack part of an equation where 0.8% increase to that component does not mean 0.8% damage increase. Anybody feel free to chime in. I thought I had seen formulas for this, but can't find them now.

What I'm seeing...
    Ardra - crit boost after 6 s, retrigger @ 30 s (in similar setups she hasn't gotten a second chance from my testing)
    Bat'leth Mariner - +7 Atk, 350% position hammer @ 10 s, fires again at 22 s or later

Tomorrow I'll check yours vs mine and post results. I have one that works around 1.6-2.6M but it fluctuates depending on RNG I suppose.
  • Borg Sphere

This ene works better than the one I was using!
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    JimBerlin wrote: »
    Borg Sphere
    nbgaenbhhvru.png

What I'm seeing...

Currently, I lose my shield and some hull from the first attack on Brutal.

Generally, yes. Position triggers a second time and the 3 all attack very reliably.

Sometimes Ardra gets to trigger again but its just an auto-attack for some free damage. I've thought about switching her out for Luther Sloan. Ardra is better in general but Luthor will get to trigger twice.

I've also tried this setup in La Sirena and its roughly the same. La Sirena is a little more durable initially but it has less self-repair. Anyone should be fine with either. There's a lot of decent 6-8s crew that people can use.

Additional thoughts: Skorr and Mariner are also useful Gauntlet crew and will work at 1/4.
    VIP 13 - 305 Crew Slots - 915 Immortals
  • JimBerlinJimBerlin ✭✭✭
    - Opening post updated.
    - Discord created for submissions and discussion

Quiggler has an entry with 4 replicates, but only one score. Also, no captain's bridge bonus was listed. I tried to @ you on here, but there's only a user named Quig. Maybe the same, but I don't want to bug a random person. Can you try entering it one of two ways?
    - four separate lines with each score in it's own row
    - make the average score cell have your data. Formula ex: =AVERAGE(score1, score2, score3, score4)

Thanks
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    - Opening post updated.

Quiggler has an entry with 4 replicates, but only one score. Also, no captain's bridge bonus was listed. I tried to @ you on here, but there's only a user named Quig. Maybe the same, but I don't want to bug a random person. Can you try entering it one of two ways?
    - make the average score cell have your data. Formula ex: =AVERAGE(score1, score2, score3, score4)

Thanks
    @The Quiggler , I think this is for you. 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • The QuigglerThe Quiggler ✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    - Opening post updated.

Thanks

Hey Jim. Sorry. I will find my data and update it for you. Sorry for the error I was just trying to help out.
    I'm just going to delete that line until I get back home and will re-enter the data for you the way you described.
    A healthy attitude is contagious but don't wait to catch it from others. Be a carrier.
  • JimBerlinJimBerlin ✭✭✭

Hey Jim. Sorry. I will find my data and update it for you. Sorry for the error I was just trying to help out.
    I'm just going to delete that line until I get back home and will re-enter the data for you the way you described.

No worries. It lines up really well with the other runs, so it's not going to move the needle much. I just didn't want you to wonder why it wasn't changing the numbers any if it was submitted that way.
  • SonjaSonja ✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    3bdk4fu7dxl9.jpg
    pmm257uzk48n.jpg
    heb70qy4i978.jpg

Fleet Boss Brutal

My best result->same setup
    auh6m33af6o7.jpg

• JimBerlinJimBerlin ✭✭✭
    I added that to the replicate data. At the time I recorded the numbers I did, I had a mostly complete level 2 bridge. I'm not sure if there's differences in how we activated or not. I'm will try to upload videos when I'm testing setups that require manual activation and perform well.

I put some replicates into the one @This Sisko1 had good luck with on hard. It is now the new top in brutal. I would think they would be the same across the two, but there might be some exceptions where something can't get you an extra round in on brutal, but your survivability is higher on hard.

Typical run video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbtwrXWjlPo

Max damage so far: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuUmH3YMBO8

I also averaged in data from @Venimus , who had run an similar setup. I may have recorded that wrong, but it looked like on of the crew wasn't in a matching skill seat, removing the passive boosts. The impact should be small. The bigger impact is probably the bridge difference, as I barely survived into my final round a few times. That wouldn't have been possible with a lower bridge level.

If anyone has suggestions for how to handle the discrepancies seen because of captain's bridge boosts, I'm all ears.
  • SonjaSonja ✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Sonja wrote: »
    3bdk4fu7dxl9.jpg
    pmm257uzk48n.jpg
    heb70qy4i978.jpg

Fleet Boss Brutal

My best result->same setup
    auh6m33af6o7.jpg

My new record Fleet Boss Hard ( Captain's Bridge same as above)
    dfmi6gji34wc.jpg
    2w90bt0ibl0v.jpg

Mariner/Zimmerman/Ardra/Undercover O'Brien on Brutal
    zdtdab5piidf.jpg

• JimBerlin wrote: »
    I also averaged in data from @Venimus , who had run an similar setup. I may have recorded that wrong, but it looked like on of the crew wasn't in a matching skill seat, removing the passive boosts. The impact should be small.
    I reordered the crew to use "auto" the first round. The impact of not taking proper seat is neglectable, but using auto saved a lot of missclicks.
    The biggest difference happens because of bad luck, not enough crits, especially of Mariner. And another one is that boss does not fire on equal intervals. It does have 1-2s ahead or behind each time which may mess the timings or not give enough time for second full charge. I guess on higher level Bridge indeed you might be able to buy additional round (as hull and shield is increased and especially the dmg taken is reduced by a lot)

• JimBerlinJimBerlin ✭✭✭
    I tried it with Carpenter Street T'Pol in the first seat to let it run on auto and had very comparable numbers. The second round of activations are slightly out of the desired order. I believe I saw people getting solid numbers with Zim out front running on auto. I'll still take every ounce of power I can squeeze out when it comes to trying to defeat the top tier boss available. I'll try to update tomorrow. I've been very time constrained. If anybody wants to volunteer to help, I'm not too proud.

Now, if only there was a tool for some of the more detailed bits of planning out a ship setup. Hmmmm....
  • JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Jimmy! I just posted a "meta" guide for "Nightmare" mode in another thread, so I'll link it here for you: https://forum.wickedrealmgames.com/stt/discussion/19487/fleet-boss-battles-strategies-and-advices-thread#latest
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • JimBerlinJimBerlin ✭✭✭
    Thanks, I've been swamped and made extra work for myself testing and tweaking tools. I'll make some time tonight to update and upload a couple of video examples to link in. I also need to update the links for tools. I have been considering making an "alternative setups guide", but instead have switched over to a "ship meta guide" in concept.