Home The Bridge
Options

Dabo for Honor is not interesting (title edited by Shan)

Comments

• Options
    NoNameNamerNoNameNamer ✭✭✭✭
    Jhamel wrote: »
    So how did the purrson who had EV Mariner in the wheel have an ad-spin when it was clearly stated there would be no availability for ad-spins? Does it depend on the device they're on?
    Probably didn’t restart the client during all this. But it clearly exposes a vulnerability: the server allows the adspin regardless. This no adspin restriction they’ve imposed is just client-sided.
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thankies for the clarification, Namer. :) I will try my single left-over ad-spin if Wunderland Taylor comes in the Dabo wheel. :)
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    Selene 7Selene 7 ✭✭✭✭
    The pre-crew-retrieval credit sale on dabo showed with all clarity that the odds of pulling the legendary crew are abysmal. I've stopped spinning dabo since then, and I'm certainly not going to start throwing honor at it now, knowing that I almost certainly would need to clear the entire table to get the crew. *shrug*

I also still think that the dabo design in the game is very misleading, as the different odds depending on the slot are not displayed. You could very reasonably assume that all slots have the same odds.
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    The odds are on the Wiki though, Selene. :) But I agree with you, I usually only spin once. ^^
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    Today's wheel has Bell Riots Dax for me. That's even less worth blowing up to 87K honor on.

I don't mind the devs trying something new, but at this rate I'm probably not spinning the wheel once this week.
  • Options
    AsmodanAsmodan ✭✭✭
    as a facebook app player, i don't get an ad spin. having it changed to honor only removes my once a day spin i was doing for credits.
    pro deo et denny crane
  • Options
    MicrohopperMicrohopper ✭✭✭✭
    Jhamel wrote: »
    So how did the purrson who had EV Mariner in the wheel have an ad-spin when it was clearly stated there would be no availability for ad-spins? Does it depend on the device they're on?

I think there were residual ads from the previous day. I had one that first day, but not today.
  • Options
    MicrohopperMicrohopper ✭✭✭✭
    So, normally I would do the credit spin and the ad spin. Now I'm going to be doing none. So as WRG looks at their metrics, they will see at least one less ad coming from me. And frankly, by offering a "sale" of something for of a more valuable currency, I'm right now less inclined to click on ads in other parts of the game, so their metrics might show that, also...
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    By Grabthar's hammer, what a savings.

Love this.
    Galaxy Quest is arguably the best Star Trek movie. (Though I might say top 5)

I would happily clear the board for a Dr Lazarus "Timelines Original"

Great idea. Dr. "Snape" Lazarus and Tech Sargent "Monk" Quinn. I'd pay real money for any of them.
  • Options
    Sulu's HusbandSulu's Husband ✭✭✭✭✭
    There was a Lazarus from TOS
    dgbn2ibs6xdl.jpeg

• Options
    not going to waste honour at all for a dumb Dabo spin...
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, normally I would do the credit spin and the ad spin. Now I'm going to be doing none. So as WRG looks at their metrics, they will see at least one less ad coming from me. And frankly, by offering a "sale" of something for of a more valuable currency, I'm right now less inclined to click on ads in other parts of the game, so their metrics might show that, also...

Ditto. They have no shame blatantly milking the cash cows.
  • Options
    Asmodan wrote: »
    as a vip0, i need my honor. saving up for months and months and months for an honor sale.
    ~le sigh~

Fellow VIP0 and I’m just laughing at this “sale.”
  • Options
    Agree. Not using Honor for Dabo spin. Who would spend 100 Honor for HMS Bounty? Maybe if rewards were nine 5* and five 4* (newer) or add in gauntlet past and present rewards. That would be a reason to spend Honor.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suppose the upshot is that I don't need to worry about when I collect voyages or packs to avoid (or slightly minimize) unnecessary items.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Webberoni wrote: »

Ditto. They have no shame blatantly milking the cash cows.

You can accrue honor for free. Dilithium isn’t unless you play a lot of bad games on offer wall. I prefer honor to dilithium.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Commodore PackCommodore Pack ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have pretty much gotten a kick out of it for a couple days. The legendary has been useless, so I just target spun for the purples and had a good time doing it.
    I get that it is not to everyone’s taste, but who exactly is a Dabo fanatic anyway?
    🤷
  • Options
    This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Plus not in the current portal. Honestly, I would do it also.
  • Options
    Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed. While I'd generally prefer two cites, the right crew would be worth 90k honor for me.

I certainly understand that's not going to be the case for everyone. With 230k honor I'm not exactly swimming in it, but I could afford the splurge.
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • Options
    j00uxmu9dgbs.png

Well i didn’t expect to play dabo at all this week, but I couldn’t turn this down. And even saved myself two full spins!
  • Options
    Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was lucky enough to get a copy of Vedala in the event, and I had four cites on hand. She's incredible!
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully I can get a good Dabo legendary too.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok now that your done slurping some loose honour out of us, when do we get an honour sale!?!?
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ivanstone wrote: »
    Ok now that your done slurping some loose honour out of us, when do we get an honour sale!?!?

My guess is that in his demo tomorrow Ben will announce an honor sale to coincide with Star Trek day.
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    And maybe what the next campaign is as well. It will probably be TOS like last year. I would love the guys from "Let That Be Your Last Battlefield".
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    Ivanstone wrote: »

My guess is that in his demo tomorrow Ben will announce an honor sale to coincide with Star Trek day.

That’s too far away. Just make it a 2-3 week sale.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals