Home The Bridge
Options

Dabo for Honor is not interesting (title edited by Shan)

<TGE> Darxide<TGE> Darxide ✭✭✭✭
edited September 2022 in The Bridge
Constructive criticism is not allowed. ~Shan

That's all. Post it.

Comments

• Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just did the math too. yeah, not a chance that I'll even take one spin for the next week. I'm guessing honor sale starts next Tuesday with an Honor burn this week.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Options
    AsmodanAsmodan ✭✭✭
    as a vip0, i need my honor. saving up for months and months and months for an honor sale.
    ~le sigh~
    pro deo et denny crane
  • Options
    If an honor option was desired, there should be two buttons, one with the credit then dilithium way and another one with honor for those that were so inclined.

I, too, have no intention of spending honor on Dabo.
    Admiral of the Inner Planets Alliance fleets
  • Options
    ditto. A week off w/o Dabo
  • Options
    Bound2FateBound2Fate ✭✭✭✭
    I can't consider this a sale at all, more a price hike.
    Admiral of Historians of Starfleet Join! Looking for daily players.
  • Options
    Captain IdolCaptain Idol ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a weird looking Credit Dabo Sale...
  • Options
    HaBlackHaBlack ✭✭✭✭✭
    From 1 spin a day to 0 spins a day. Well, less to do...
    PlayingSince: 2016-09-16Can we get some more characters from TAS?We finally have Caitians in the game!Character wishlist:
    • Lieutenant M'Ress - got her
    • Amanda Rogers - got her
    • Admiral S'rrel from Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home - not in the game yet
    • Agmar - not in the game yet
    • M'yra - not in the game yet
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    But really, this is just insulating.

Just to add some levity, insulation is important to keep your home cool in the summer and warmer in the winter.

Thank you for the levity. Silly autocorrect.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is a vast improvement over the dilithium cost. I like it. Wish it had the 5000 credit to start and an ad warp but then the price may be even higher. If it’s a really great legendary or an ftm then the 87,600 price is worth it and cheaper than honor hall.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    <TGE> Darxide<TGE> Darxide ✭✭✭✭
    imdwalrus wrote: »
    Exactly. The 87.6K is the problem. If it was cheaper I MIGHT consider it

It's too expensive by a factor of 10. Remove a zero from each spin cost, then sure. I'd bite.
  • Options
    Ran the wheel once, had an ad spin so it only cost 67k.

Saved buying thr campaign this month.

25nh5z704r95.jpg
    4bx559gcipuq.jpg

You hit on one of the very few cases where it actually makes sense to empty the wheel. Congrats!
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unless you get lucky, 87k to run the wheel is too much.

The extra stars for super rare crew are a bonus, nothing more. I have 36 SR cites, and all bar the voyage crew I will eventually get from voyages and packs.

5 star portal crew can be obtained from crew retrieval. Given that most 5 star crew are only useful once they reach 5/5, there is little point wasting 87k on a single crew. 80k would be two citations, and two beholds in a sale.

There are two ways of adding stars to crew we already have. Retrieval and citations. A Retrieval is therefore only worth the same as a citation.

Running the wheel should be half the current price, around 40k honor. The only exceptions are crew difficult to get in retrieval. At the moment these would be Dereth, MACO Mayweather and Little John Riker, non portal crew, and those difficult to narrow down with pole stars.

TL,DR.

40k to run the wheel is reasonable.
  • Options
    TL,DR.

40K seems fairer to me, but even then whether I'd go for it is very situational. The top prize in my wheel today is Ari bn Bem, who I have at 1* and would like to finish building up someday - but (a) he mainly shines in the gauntlet so the extra stars are mostly a luxury and (b) he's also easy to get with a couple different three polestar combinations via Crew Retrieval. I'd still probably skip him at 40K; at over 80K there's no way it's worth my collected resources.
  • Options
    Because of the "sale" it costs honor to spin the wheel the first time per day, when normally it would only cost a few credits (of lower net game value in my book,).

By Grabthar's hammer, what a savings.
  • Options
    Not that I would spin for honour, but it's not much of a sale if it's offering me crew that I've already immortalised.
  • Options
    =j= StephLovesVoyager=j= StephLovesVoyager ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    By Grabthar's hammer, what a savings.

Off-topic but Galaxy Quest <3<3<3
    Going boldly since April 2020 | My Datacore profile
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    imdwalrus wrote: »
    TL,DR.

40K seems fairer to me, but even then whether I'd go for it is very situational. The top prize in my wheel today is Ari bn Bem, who I have at 1* and would like to finish building up someday - but (a) he mainly shines in the gauntlet so the extra stars are mostly a luxury and (b) he's also easy to get with a couple different three polestar combinations via Crew Retrieval. I'd still probably skip him at 40K; at over 80K there's no way it's worth my collected resources.

Not to mention, 40k gets you the a cite and begold in the next honor sale. So you'd still add the star and get a begold for the same honor cost.

Even at 40k this is only worth it for a 5* you don't have who is hard/impossible to get via retrieval. For any other crew it would have to be 20-30k for me to even consider it.
  • Options
    (A) Traveling Man(A) Traveling Man ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, the problem with honor isn't that we don't have enough to do with it - it's that it is way too overvalued.

Make the things that cost honor cheaper, and we will spend more of it. Then Honor Sales don't have to be a thing anymore. Even 40k for a citation is far too expensive.
    CABTools.app
    Ov (Overall) | Vo (Voyage) | Fa (Faction) | Ga (Gauntlet)
    Sb (Ship Battle) | Bt (Boss Battle Traits) | Co (Collection) | (Cd (Cadet)
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be cool if Dabo changed so we got the option of credit, honor, or dilithium.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    So how did the purrson who had EV Mariner in the wheel have an ad-spin when it was clearly stated there would be no availability for ad-spins? Does it depend on the device they're on?
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")