Home The Bridge
Options

Event discussion: Skirmish Event - Joyride - 2022-09-01

Comments

• Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    He will now be know as Doctor number 4, or Tom Baker.

Will the Sentinent Computer trait be given to others.

I see also we have another 400% hammer 🔨

8dqpnr485zdw.jpg
    1js4uofij41r.jpg
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    400% with a trigger is less likely to be useful. But could still be an option for people who don't have MACO and have a ship with the right trigger.
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    I usually use the Bounty, but the ISS Enterprise has boarding. It's something I certainly would play around with. I've used the Mirror Enterprise in place of the Bounty before.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Proton Paris schematics can be a big help for players that need it too.
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is that? Not even a purrson. Oh well, I think "it" will be useful for the Constellation when it's fully leveled up. :)
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jhamel wrote: »
    Nice background info, Apollo. :) That makes this "box" a little more sympathic. :) About the "Sentient Computer" treat, that could become a rare collection if we get to see an "Exocomp" in the game at some point. :)

Peanut Hamper!
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    400% with a trigger is less likely to be useful. But could still be an option for people who don't have MACO and have a ship with the right trigger.

He is a weaker Queen Guineapig Kira. :) I will use Kira with Frantic McCoy on a maxed out Constellation (Bridge 17+) for Nightmare and maybe even Ultra-Nightmare if 2 hull healers will do it by then.
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    About the "Sentient Computer" treat...

How about a "sentient cave" treat? (That's a dark place that knows things.)
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    SPOILERS FOR SEASON THREE EPISODE TWO OF "LOWER DECKS"!!!!!!

There is another Sentient Computer now.

What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Options
    Nice background info, Apollo. :) That makes this "box" a little more sympathic. :) About the "Sentient Computer" treat, that could become a rare collection if we get to see an "Exocomp" in the game at some point. :)

The M5 computer from TOS also.

And Landru.

Was "The Teacher" from "Spock's Brain" sentient? Or just a machine for people to learn stuff?

Also, Zora is already in-game.

Would the Android version of the Doctor from the inaccurate future history episode of Voyager" be, also? They seemed to think he was aware when they were doing the museum.

The Dreadnaught from "Voyager", but would likely be a ship if we get it in-game. And then, of course if it becomes a ship Trait, the Enterprise D.

And the elephant in the room, if they wanna make a bigger collection.

Data/Lore/B4. And then, of course, Lal.

Or, are we just saying Sentient Computers has to be "non-Humanoid" sentient artificial lifeforms?

If they add Peanut Hamper, it would be cool to get the three Exocomps from TNG as individual 2* cards. Or 3* cards.

• Options
    Y'all know I don't always understand how stuff works in the game {I didn't get a decent Captain's Arena set up until people were discussing Fleet Boss Battle set ups}

Any way, is there is there some reason why the Event Geordi NEVER activates on Auto? Is someone {or the ship} doing something that overrides his Skill activating?

pwzt93ebnyum.jpg
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    Y'all know I don't always understand how stuff works in the game {I didn't get a decent Captain's Arena set up until people were discussing Fleet Boss Battle set ups}

Any way, is there is there some reason why the Event Geordi NEVER activates on Auto? Is someone {or the ship} doing something that overrides his Skill activating?

pwzt93ebnyum.jpg

If the Auto program doesn't think the skill is useful, it won't activate it unless there's nothing else to do. It does the same with the "Cannibalize Auxiliary Vessel" action (the Krayton's dodge action); I typically have to activate it myself to repair any boarding damage.

It could also be that the La Forge's skill needs a trigger to activate (didn't look it up). If the Krayon doesn't have that, the Auto program will definitely not prioritize activating the card.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1486 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    @Shan Spotted a typo. Someone might want to look at the title of Ron Docent's uniform...or rather "Ron Doncent's". I thought I had a screenshot, but I can't find it, and I've already froze him.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    @Shan Spotted a typo. Someone might want to look at the title of Ron Docent's uniform...or rather "Ron Doncent's". I thought I had a screenshot, but I can't find it, and I've already froze him.

I grabbed an image from the Rewards

v5a5usm89csl.jpg
  • Options
    Good thinking. I forgot about that. It's one of those copy and paste errors, I'm sure. You make one mistake and it never goes away. Thought I'd point it out before the next server update.
  • Options
    weakinteractionweakinteraction ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022

pwzt93ebnyum.jpg

I couldn't replicate that setup exactly as I don't have that Mayweather, but I tried it out with Killy in that slot and Geordi did activate, unless the battle was already over before his timer had counted down. Which was pretty often with the three hammers at work.
    EnderW wrote: »
    If the Auto program doesn't think the skill is useful, it won't activate it unless there's nothing else to do. It does the same with the "Cannibalize Auxiliary Vessel" action (the Krayton's dodge action); I typically have to activate it myself to repair any boarding damage.

IME Auto will save up hull repairs until they're going to be fully utilised. A single round of boarding isn't enough to get the Krayton down far enough for that to be the case, and Auto isn't smart enough to realise you're going to win the battle before that threshold is ever reached. (In previous skirmishes I've definitely seen it activate that one straight away to repair damage accumulated over previous rounds - eg ASAP in Round 4 if there was a Boarding ship in round 2 followed by a Shield Disruptor ship in round 3 and between them they'd knocked it down that the whole heal would be used.)
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you, it will be worked on :)
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    This is a Docent set up for Phase Two. Haven't had to repair once.

EDIT FOR CLARITY: Have not had to Repair after a Battle and miss a Reward. If the Dorka does not fully heal after the 3rd battle, which has been the only issue Battle so far, I just Heal during the next Battle as soon as Repair comes off Initialization.

================================================

Is Docent gonna turn out to be more valuable than Ardra for Arena/FBB? He has 12,000 Crit Bonus versus 18,000 for Ardra. But Ardra has a twelve second Cooldown versus ten seconds for Docent. Making her cycle 24 seconds versus 18 seconds for Docent. Her boost is 12 seconds versus 10 seconds for Docent. She also has a limit of two uses and he is unlimited. I'll try him on the La Sirena tonight in Arena.

EDIT: Ardra better.

j1wp1bmje8n3.jpg

Garth
    Docent
    Commandant
    Taco
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Docent might be better in a long run such as FBB on Brutal or Hard though. Worf trying him out. :)
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    A bit late to say it, but I agree that Docent is great in this skirmish. Switched from Owo to him for phase 2 and don’t think my hull was touched.
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    A bit late to say it, but I agree that Docent is great in this skirmish. Switched from Owo to him for phase 2 and don’t think my hull was touched.

My hull was touched multiple times. Shut off Auto a few times because I fat fingered the button.

And then I dropped my mouse and it slid under my bed. Botched one ticket because of that.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    :D Mice are tricky!
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭

pwzt93ebnyum.jpg

I was having this problem during the mega with Mariner, Insubordinate wouldn’t activate for some reason. I always had to activate her manually.