Home The Bridge
Options

We Need A QOL Update sooner rather than later (More updates on P2)

2»

Comments

• Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    All of those look good. 👍
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Wouldnt it be a great show of good faith if wrg responded to this list?
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022
    Wouldn't be a great show of good faith if wrg responded to this list?
    Sure it would, but why does anyone need that? The studio has shown what its priorities are. Do you honestly expect them to deviate from the "drive revenue" model at this point, given their behavior over the past few weeks?
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    DAEDAE ✭✭✭
    Another request for QOL improvements and bug fixes. I’m thinking this comes up about every six months,?, since the begging of STT.

1. The additions to gameplay have been interesting and great to see.
    Having said that, with each addition we get more in game currencies that clog the interface, and a very cluttered layout. Along with what seemingly amounts to over complication of something that could have been more simplified, streamlined, less programming, less cluttered.
    2. “Must be profitable”
    A high volume of long time players who have already padded the profits are leaving the game due to continuing and new glitches. It is not profitable to lose paying customers who get frustrated because….one example: “wheres my fleet?”. IE previously mentioned player retention. In any profitable enterprise the goal is to get more consumers, not replace the one you already had. Even quark knew the value of retaining customers.
    3. QOL asked for time and time again since the begging of fleets,
    Give admirals more control in fleets and assign a position for a senior officer designation who has secondary admiral controls.
    Give admirals control of squad lead designations. Ability to organize and move fleet members.
    4. Every time something new is implemented a new problem, or five show, up and never get fixed. This doesn’t make the player/consumer/customer have confidence in the product, or feel important when we are ignored about new or recurring glitches that are bothersome or disruptive to the game experience. Example: fleet indicator, dailies indicator claim light.
    5. In game chat. In game chat. In game chat. Please for the love of trek may we type and send messages. Maybe divert the censor funds to fixing the chats. The censor is horrible anyway, surely some funds are going to that for constant upgrading and changes. It is frustrating. It censors normal words and crew names. Rude people get around it all the time. It is pointless. The players pay more attention than the auto censor.
    While the visual graphics have evolved into beauty, the menu(s) have over complicated graphics.
    6. Please fix the ship abilities box so it stops overlaying on the selection box for crew in space battles. And add the search bar to all areas for crew selection. It is so frustrating to have the abilities pop over your crew selection so that the crew you want is not visible because its under a box. Then…in some areas you dont even have a search entry to limit crew selected, you never can view the crew you want.
    We don’t need VP points popping out at us do we? When we get them, they can be seen in the bar, like when farming intel. Gold, blue, green, purple swirling motion boxes are an example of over complicated programming for a portion of gameplay not necessary and in actuality frustrating. It takes longer for the vp rewards to do there thing than it does to run a skirmish battle. The time invested in watching popping colorful boxes is frustrating. All events or extra vp could be within a simple rewards bar like intel.
    The daily menu was so much simpler and streamlined in the beginning of the game. It also is now over complicated and takes longer for all the moving colorful boxes to do their thing than it does to complete the dailies. Example “Warp 10” takes less time than claiming in the completed missions.
    Some basic areas of the gaming dont need all these graphics which use more programming and cause the glitches. Simplify some of the basic daily play UI items, several glitches will go away without chasing down the erroneous code(s). The galaxy map with all of the places to see and things to do, new card art, and traveling ships graphics are very important. User interface is way over cluttered with unnecessary graphics and motion pop ups causing frustrating glitches and extensive needless time we could use for exploring the galaxy. Simple basic streamlined menu and claim bars would work much better. 😁🖖🏻
  • Options
    Wouldn't be a great show of good faith if wrg responded to this list?
    Sure it would, but why does anyone need that? The studio has shown what its priorities are. Do you honestly expect them to deviate from the "drive revenue" model at this point, given their behavior over the past few weeks?

I agree that their intentions to drive revenue do seem to be the one and only priority at this point.

But, in looking at this list mostly what i see are some very long overdue fixes/cleanups to some very broken parts of the game.

If they want to drive revenue, thats a great short term goal. And probably obtainable.

If they want to retain players and have sustainable revenue, i think that this growing list and conversation is basically free business advice to wrg on how to make their customers happy.

So, my request and hope that they reapond is mostly just to give me, and maybe some other players some confidence that wrg is considering the long term and is willing to take this excellent advice and act upon it.

So thats why i want them to respond.
  • Options
    Captain IdolCaptain Idol ✭✭✭✭✭
    More Updates from you guys in line with original scope (couldn't include in original post, too many characters)

* Automaton_2000: Change colour of Frozen and Not Owned in the Behold screen (can't believe I forgot this one)
    * DAE: Fix ship abilities box overlaying on crew selection for ship battles
    * DAE: Stop VP points popping out, make it an accumulation bar instead
    * W.W. Carlisle: Chat and Crew window covering trait lists.
    * Shy Khan: Slider for trainers, able to set amount to spend instead of tap-hold.
    * Shy Khan: Auto collect expired inbox messages
    * Shy Khan: Remember Last Bonus Crew Used in Galaxy Missions
    * Shy Khan: Ship Battle Setting Remembered (ability to set Auto/3x automatically without extra taps)
    * Shy Khan: Customisable UI interface, for left handed mode
    * AZ689: Dabo ships refresh
    * AZ689: No more Trainers, Rations, Starbase parts in Ultimate Campaign
    * Sulu's Husband: Similar to Shy Khan's point, lock in the 4x speed on opening packs/gauntlet/ships battles
    * AZ689: Auto-recall voyages at set AM point
    * AZ689: Dismiss crew at voyage conclusion screen
    * Shidoni: Warp Again on Cadet screen
    * Sven Lundgren: Extra utility for Starbase Rooms, buy more things than Rep Rations
    * Navarch: Auto renew for subscriptions (monthly card/campaigns etc)
    * DScottHewitt: Sort ships in Voyage screen by AM bonus/biggest AM
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    A Valor or two as Ultimate Campaign rewards or Bridge components might be something to think about. It would be a real incentive.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    DAE wrote: »
    4. Every time something new is implemented a new problem, or five show, up and never get fixed. This doesn’t make the player/consumer/customer have confidence in the product, or feel important when we are ignored about new or recurring glitches that are bothersome or disruptive to the game experience. Example: fleet indicator, dailies indicator claim light.

That's the problem right there, and why most of these suggestions will never happen. WRG has been open (and I believe them) about the fact the game is mostly held together with duct tape at this point, and a lot of decisions were made early in development that make it difficult or impossible to make things better years after the fact. The fact that so much is still unchanged from the early versions of the game speaks to that.

What the game needs is a rebuild from the ground up so all of the issues with code, databases, and everything else can be addressed once and for all. But that would be a huge task, and require resources (in terms of finances, manpower, or both) WRG doesn't appear to have.
  • Options
    Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Improve load time for app: There are times I get so bored waiting for this game to load, I just play Chess instead. Though that's a whole drama these days, apparently...

Keep App from closing so quickly I don't know if this an iOS thing or something WRG can do on their end, but it seems as though the app closes too quickly and needs to be started from scratch when switching to other apps, sometimes even just for a moment. I had to start from scratch when my shuttle timer went off this past event.
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shy Khan wrote: »
    Improve load time for app: There are times I get so bored waiting for this game to load, I just play Chess instead. Though that's a whole drama these days, apparently...

Keep App from closing so quickly I don't know if this an iOS thing or something WRG can do on their end, but it seems as though the app closes too quickly and needs to be started from scratch when switching to other apps, sometimes even just for a moment. I had to start from scratch when my shuttle timer went off this past event.

I love the load time {which is almost instant} on the laptop using the App from the Microsoft Store. I can be finished collecting and sending new Shuttles faster than the game usually loads on a tablet or phone.
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Options
    Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭

I love the load time {which is almost instant} on the laptop using the App from the Microsoft Store. I can be finished collecting and sending new Shuttles faster than the game usually loads on a tablet or phone.

Right, I'm on a Mac and iPhone.
  • Options

Load times honestly varies depending on what device I'm using. If I'm on my phone it takes an absolute age to load, sometimes just hanging entirely but loading on my iPad or computer is fine.
    With the closing thing, does depend on free memory for the device. On my iPad if I've been using other apps at the same time fairly frequently Timelines will drop often requiring relogin, it's a pain and I wonder how much of this is due to bad memory management.
  • Options
    Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭

Load times honestly varies depending on what device I'm using. If I'm on my phone it takes an absolute age to load, sometimes just hanging entirely but loading on my iPad or computer is fine.
    With the closing thing, does depend on free memory for the device. On my iPad if I've been using other apps at the same time fairly frequently Timelines will drop often requiring relogin, it's a pain and I wonder how much of this is due to bad memory management.

Well, it's a good thing iPad and iPhone don't have the global market share for tablets and phone devices..............
  • Options
    Quick update on Auto's request: In the Airlocked/Recover crew screen, have a notification about who is frozen/immortalised/not owned so it can be easily parsed who is needed. This can come under the general redo of that whole screen tbh
  • Options
    So this one would be huge in my opinion… when converting stuff into replicator rations… such as trainers for example… mass conversion… none of this one at a time crap…. If I have 32k reg trainers… and it’s 200 trainers per one gold ration and I want all gold rations then the math of 32k / 200 would make 160 gold rations… so let us convert them all! It would help making management of storage so much easier!
    Fleet - Omega Molecules
    lv 94 - 600+ immortalized w/ 572 unique - 15 collections max level - VIP14 - Missing 17 1/4 SR characters.
  • Options
    So this one would be huge in my opinion… when converting stuff into replicator rations… such as trainers for example… mass conversion… none of this one at a time crap…. If I have 32k reg trainers… and it’s 200 trainers per one gold ration and I want all gold rations then the math of 32k / 200 would make 160 gold rations… so let us convert them all! It would help making management of storage so much easier!

Ill second this.

And ill raise you that 32,000 reg trainers should be convertible into valor, merits, dilithium, etc.

Conversion should not be limited to replicator rations, which are just this side of useless for end game players anyway.
  • Options
    An entire release cycle or three needs to be spent on nothing but this list. No new features or additions or anything like that. Just a big ol' QoL update drop. Do some rerun events for a month so you can even skip having to think about that, either.
  • Options
    An entire release cycle or three needs to be spent on nothing but this list. No new features or additions or anything like that. Just a big ol' QoL update drop. Do some rerun events for a month so you can even skip having to think about that, either.

Yes. For two or three weeks they can stop the stupid content train and focus on fixing as many of these issues as possible
  • Options
    Warrior WilloWarrior Willo ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes. For two or three weeks they can stop the stupid content train and focus on fixing as many of these issues as possible

Not for me, content is what keeps the game going. Fixes and content development need to go hand in hand.