Home The Bridge

Dear Santa...(@DB)

Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
Please please can I have some more crew slots for Christmas. Loving the new mirror event theme if we can all get some more crew space for them it would be great!!

Thanks,
Jim
DB: Do Better

Comments

• Hopefully DB Santa has a few of these to share around. I'm going to have to ditch some crew to give them some space.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • I'm really hoping there's going to be some DB Christmas love going around..

Free crew slots & special deals to use them on
    Like..

25 - 10x premium packs + 250 Dilithium for $25.00

Super crew slot sale..
    5 crew slots for $5 cash/credit (not crystals)
    (Purchasable up to 5 times, hello 25 Christmas theme !)

Hell, put a combadge on Santa
    Make him a 5* with Medical Engineering Science and sell the Santa pack !

You get 1 legendary Santa,
    10 crew slots and 14, 10x packs
    (Which is standard premium portal plus best chance of more Santa's) for... Yup, $25 !

Get in the spirit and sell us cheap stuff so we then buy more stuff from you again !

Make it so so so, ho ho ho !

Lol
    Seriously..
    You gotta do this.

• While crew slots would be a great Christmas gift and would be greatly be appreciated, a better gift would be the release of a new event type.
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My letter to Santa asks for Locutus
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    DB Scrooge replies, "bah humbug"
  • Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about some sorting in the vault too? That would be a nice present as well.

And maybe a special mission that drops extra holoprograms so the majority of the fleets can climb that holowall. Heck, I'd take a mission that only dropped um.
  • MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭
    No slots yet? Guess I'll just have to keep singing till we get some...

Oh good Devs, Disrupter Beam,
    making us a fun game,

So many characters we,
    don't even know their names.

But we can not keep them all,
    to lack of space it's due.

Oh good Devs, D.B. please gift,
    space to keep our crew-ew-ew.
  • You realize this is the weekend. They probably wont read this until tomorrow.
  • JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    There already is a SCI-ENG-MED santa ... right now in the event actually! :)
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • I would say DB will have the usual 400% value or HUUUUGE value offer
  • [BL] Q [BL] Q ✭✭✭✭✭
    They Should have done a Trek Advent calendar with free goodies for the 12days of Christmas
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Free? You must be new here. More like $50 for 12 days of prizes.
  • It would be nice for those who have joined in the last 6 months to have a chance at a really good Med and Eng 4* threshold. Thanks. I have enough diplomats and security for now.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Hope_FHope_F ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    - Item management: A catastrophe! Game is unplayable without an excel spread sheet. It does not take a lot of brain to build something better! FIX!
    - Shuttle mission success rate displayed falsely needs fixing!!
    - Gauntlet defender bias needs fixing!
    - Search/sort/filter function in cryo vault
    - change ridiculous achievements like 20,000 fights in gauntlet for 1/5 Locutus (that is 2 years of dedicated gauntlet hassle for one measly 1/5), or achieve rank in event (beyond 200 is impossible to achieve).
    - Change ranked rewards for events! Make it % like arena. The current system is ridiculous and costs a single monkey one afternoon to transform it into something that actually makes sense. I'm confident DB can at least rent a monkey to get it done.
    - Fix several unfarmable items like Quantum Oscillator, Laser Scalpel, Subcutaneous Transponder, Starfleet Test Cylinder, Science Experiment, etc.
    - Fix long term bugs that only need a single line of code to fix, like the #1 Gauntlet achievement bug (again, it cannot be too difficult to find a monkey who does it).
    - Remove useless items from threshold rewards (5x 4* trainers for 60,000 VP! YAY!!!) and replace it with something that actually makes sense (how about Citations, wouldn't that be something?)
    - Fix fleets! For months many fleets have a 49/50 player bug and for months you did exactly nothing about it. The problem is probably trivial, but it will clearly not fix itself!

Wish for 2018:
    - Don't bring any new features! The results will only be more bugs and probably 6 months response time from CS. You are clearly not chosen to develop the game further (case in point: voyages), all you can hope for is to transform the current game into something you can be at least a little bit proud of.
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hope_F wrote: »
    - Item management: A catastrophe! Game is unplayable without an excel spread sheet. It does not take a lot of brain to build something better! FIX!
    - Shuttle mission success rate displayed falsely needs fixing!!
    - Gauntlet defender bias needs fixing!
    - Search/sort/filter function in cryo vault
    - change ridiculous achievements like 20,000 fights in gauntlet for 1/5 Locutus (that is 2 years of dedicated gauntlet hassle for one measly 1/5), or achieve rank in event (beyond 200 is impossible to achieve).
    - Change ranked rewards for events! Make it % like arena. The current system is ridiculous and costs a single monkey one afternoon to transform it into something that actually makes sense. I'm confident DB can at least rent a monkey to get it done.
    - Fix several unfarmable items like Quantum Oscillator, Laser Scalpel, Subcutaneous Transponder, Starfleet Test Cylinder, Science Experiment, etc.
    - Fix long term bugs that only need a single line of code to fix, like the #1 Gauntlet achievement bug (again, it cannot be too difficult to find a monkey who does it).
    - Remove useless items from threshold rewards (5x 4* trainers for 60,000 VP! YAY!!!) and replace it with something that actually makes sense (how about Citations, wouldn't that be something?)
    - Fix fleets! For months many fleets have a 49/50 player bug and for months you did exactly nothing about it. The problem is probably trivial, but it will clearly not fix itself!

Wish for 2018:
    - Don't bring any new features! The results will only be more bugs and probably 6 months response time from CS. You are clearly not chosen to develop the game further (case in point: voyages), all you can hope for is to transform the current game into something you can be at least a little bit proud of.

You’re that kid who got the Toys R Us catalogue and circled everything

The Sears Wishbook catalog was an utter delight of my childhood.
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's Monday! Let the crew slot singing recommence!

Agonizers, Tantalus fields, and lots of Terran knives,
    In the air a feeling of oppression,

Lots of good crew, popular crew, ones that scheme and connive,
    Every weekend this month we will see...

Mirror crew, Mirror crew. It's Mega time in S.T.T.
    Sad to say, without slots, soon we will throw them away.

Please slots, lest they go away...
  • I'd like a repeat of the 4.99 packs they had last week, where you could buy them up to 3 times.

One day (eventually) I'd like a pet pack... Porthos and Spot mainly. Till then, gimme chronitons!
  • Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't quote him for some reason, but Hope_F: Please uninstall the game and move on. Not healthy.
    **EDIT**
    Based on a PM I've already gotten, I should elaborate:
    I am fine with opinions, as we all have them.
    I am fine with passion, I prefer to see someone with it regardless of their mission.
    I am fine with suggestions and wishlists, I used to make 10k word posts about them.

I don't like seeing vitriol and negativity spewed all over the place.
    I don't like seeing disdain for a voluntary product, event or character.
    I don't like seeing people beat the horse dead, beat it more, follow it to the glue factory and then beat the glue.

If you are so passionately negative about the game, the staff, the company or the direction, here's a spoiler. You aren't the first, nor will you be the last. I will repeat to you the same unsolicited advice I've given to those same people in the past - uninstall and move on. You'll never be happier.

It would be like giving us all a present. :)
    I can't quote him for some reason, but Hope_F: Please uninstall the game and move on. Not healthy.
    **EDIT**
    Based on a PM I've already gotten, I should elaborate:
    I am fine with opinions, as we all have them.
    I am fine with passion, I prefer to see someone with it regardless of their mission.
    I am fine with suggestions and wishlists, I used to make 10k word posts about them.

I don't like seeing vitriol and negativity spewed all over the place.
    I don't like seeing disdain for a voluntary product, event or character.
    I don't like seeing people beat the horse dead, beat it more, follow it to the glue factory and then beat the glue.

If you are so passionately negative about the game, the staff, the company or the direction, here's a spoiler. You aren't the first, nor will you be the last. I will repeat to you the same unsolicited advice I've given to those same people in the past - uninstall and move on. You'll never be happier.

It would be like giving us all a present. :)

Agreed. I haven’t seen a certain other bitter poster in a while. Must’ve been his birthday gift to us

• Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017

We all think negatively about the game occasionally but on the whole DB are pretty good at adding new stuff; for example the Gauntlet, Voyages, Starbases and now Episode 8.

True, the first releases might have bugs but I can live with that if they keep the game well supported and develop its content.

Jim

DB: Do Better
    I change my Xmas wish to hiring the great artist back
  • MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Well I'm still hoping for crew slots in my stocking. And I won't give up till I get them!!
    So, for today:

I'm dreaming, of many crew slots. Just like the ones we got before.
    Will they be remiss in? Or will they listen? To grant, what we have asked for?

I'm dreaming, of many crew slots. You can code them, Disrupter Beam!
    And if you would give out, those slots...then you would rise up in our esteem.

(Repeat, with Data whistling in the background.)
  • Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep it up Magisse, I think it's working!