Home The Bridge
Options

In game comms need immediate attention

2»

Comments

• Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    To get back on track i want to propose a solution.

If chat/comms “can’t” be fixed, please work to develop the node matching menus by REMOVING or LOCKING crew that have already been tried in combo chains.

That, would be the bare minimum you could do. And if you can “lock” crew that are assigned to shuttles or voyages, you can “lock” crew that have already been tried.

Please seriously consider this, because the valor that is being wasted is not inconsequential. Its significant.

Locking crew as you suggest is not as easy as you make it to be, it is not comparable to crew in Voyage or shuttle (that is a bug btw they should still show in crew select for FBB).

Crew in a voyage or in a shuttle have a specific "state" that can be used - the same is not true for a crew that would be used in a space battle for FBB.

They show, but are locked, just like the Voyage/Shuttle Crew. Still cannot be selected.

Select crew from the attack screen, not the trait screen. You can select them.
  • Options
    ...more than 3 months into FBB, still can't lock the start of battles to just officers and admiral...and as for chat, they have had nearly 7 years to fix it so "can't do it at this time" is just...well...nm

They arent going to fix anything. The only things they will address are things that will result in fast money.

Not things that will promote sustained interest and happiness with the game, or, in other words, consistent income.

Its a shame.
  • Options

sLocking crew as you suggest is not as easy as you make it to be, it is not comparable to crew in Voyage or shuttle (that is a bug btw they should still show in crew select for FBB
    AviTrek wrote: »

@Shan please can there be much clearer, in-game communication about the fact that this is a bug rather than intended behaviour, and the workaround AviTrek explains here (unless it's going to be fixed very soon)? People in my fleet with much more experience in the game than me genuinely thought they could not use these crew because they were showing as locked, and so wouldn't have attempted to use them on the other screen, until I explained (in in-game chat, so it will probably only have been seen by a few people, just to bring us back on topic). It shouldn't rely on happening to have a fleetmate who spends too much time on the forums to deal with this sort of thing.
  • Options
    Princess_UhuraPrincess_Uhura ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022

sLocking crew as you suggest is not as easy as you make it to be, it is not comparable to crew in Voyage or shuttle (that is a bug btw they should still show in crew select for FBB
    AviTrek wrote: »

@Shan please can there be much clearer, in-game communication about the fact that this is a bug rather than intended behaviour, and the workaround AviTrek explains here (unless it's going to be fixed very soon)? People in my fleet with much more experience in the game than me genuinely thought they could not use these crew because they were showing as locked, and so wouldn't have attempted to use them on the other screen, until I explained (in in-game chat, so it will probably only have been seen by a few people, just to bring us back on topic). It shouldn't rely on happening to have a fleetmate who spends too much time on the forums to deal with this sort of thing.

This is another example of how broken the in game comms are. Wrg cant even utilize them to share this type of information.

Would seem to be an issue worthy of attention, at least to someone who would be thinking long term viability…
  • Options
    ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there any kind of timeline on the release of 9.2.0? There are a number of fixes scheduled for that release that should make FBB a lot better.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    ChaosChild wrote: »
    Is there any kind of timeline on the release of 9.2.0? There are a number of fixes scheduled for that release that should make FBB a lot better.

I don't have a timeline yet.
  • Options
    Im sure they are hesitant to give any kind of window for deployment, out of fear of having the 12 people who monitor these forums making a big stink about it.

Rolling my eyes.

• Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im sure they are hesitant to give any kind of window for deployment, out of fear of having the 12 people who monitor these forums making a big stink about it.

Rolling my eyes.

Marvel Avengers Alliance decided ONE TME to say "We are starting so-and-so at Noon Pacific today". At 1153 Pacific there was an evacuation of their building because of fire alarms on multiple floors. Gaming companies hate to specific when something SHOULD go live.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options

Rolling my eyes.

Marvel Avengers Alliance decided ONE TME to say "We are starting so-and-so at Noon Pacific today". At 1153 Pacific there was an evacuation of their building because of fire alarms on multiple floors. Gaming companies hate to specific when something SHOULD go live.

Sure. But something like “we hope to have the next client ready in q2 or q3 next year”

Is not really pigeon holing them.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭

Rolling my eyes.

Sure. But something like “we hope to have the next client ready in q2 or q3 next year”

Ben apparently said {IF the person passing on the info remembered correctly} that FBB Season Two will be out "by the end of the year". If they miss that, watch how people react.

But, yeah. Something like "We hope to have the fix out within a few weeks" or "We hope to have the fix out within a few months" would be communication.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options

Rolling my eyes.

Ben apparently said {IF the person passing on the info remembered correctly} that FBB Season Two will be out "by the end of the year". If they miss that, watch how people react.

But, yeah. Something like "We hope to have the fix out within a few weeks" or "We hope to have the fix out within a few months" would be communication.

I mean, anything is betrer than them saying we have no timeline.

To me, that sounds a lot like “were not going to do anything about it”
  • Options
    Princess_UhuraPrincess_Uhura ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    This is just ridiculous. The coding for locking boss battles is nearly the same as the coding for upgrading StarBase rooms. Base room upgrades are restricted to admirals and officers, it is the same thing. 95% of the code is already written, "enable upgrade, enable start" they just don't WANT to do it, Ben said so. No other reason for it to take this long. We have asked for what, 5 years to lock out donations to StarBase rooms, how did that work out?

We have seen them make bigger changes in a week, this is more than 3 months and can't even give us ballpark time when it might go live. Just come out and say it, I would have more respect if you just said, "it isn't going to happen, get over it."

The fact that they don't even have a timeline of when it might be ready means they are not even working on it. They hope with time, players will just come to "get used to it" just like locking StarBase rooms for donations and the comments will die down until the next issue arises and we will forget about it.

TP: prove me wrong I will happily eat crow...

This is EXACTLY my sentiment.

I keep thinking about bangate, and how QUICKLY they not only identified the “cheaters” (in their assessment….) but ALSO wrote code to block those individuals from paricipating in the game with a timer.

I mean it was lightning fast. Same day, and i want to say it was within like 4 or 5 hours.

Its amazing what happens when ppl are motivated eh? How about throwing us a bone and FIXIng dome of these long standing issues!
  • Options
    We’ve been after this for 5 years. At this point, I feel we have a better chance of seeing a leprechaun riding a unicorn hunting a Yeti whilst wielding Excalibur, than in-game comms being fixed… Yep, my glass is half empty in this area. I’m not saying that we give up asking, but temper expectations. 😂

No matter how much resistance, disregard, or lack of commitment that wrg or the other devs have given to these issues, it remains vitally important that they fix them.

I wont be tempering my expectations.

Fix the chat.
    Lock boss battles to be initiated by officers or admirals only.
    Fix the voyage glitch.

Those three things would drastically improve satisfaction with this game, and i would suggest that it might also help to retain current players as well as recruit new ones.
  • Options
    SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    We’ve been after this for 5 years. At this point, I feel we have a better chance of seeing a leprechaun riding a unicorn hunting a Yeti whilst wielding Excalibur, than in-game comms being fixed… Yep, my glass is half empty in this area. I’m not saying that we give up asking, but temper expectations. 😂

No matter how much resistance, disregard, or lack of commitment that wrg or the other devs have given to these issues, it remains vitally important that they fix them.

Fix the chat.
    Fix the voyage glitch.

Those three things would drastically improve satisfaction with this game, and i would suggest that it might also help to retain current players as well as recruit new ones.

While those three items would be nice, I’m not sure I agree that they would drastically increase satisfaction within the game. At least for me, those three issues are more of an annoyance than a vital issue that would significantly help the player base and game longevity. Don’t get me wrong, it will be great if and when those issues are fixed, but I also understand why they might be on the back burner in WRG’s eyes (and possibly some players as well).
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Options
    Warrior WilloWarrior Willo ✭✭✭✭✭

Fix the chat.
    Fix the voyage glitch.

While those three items would be nice, I’m not sure I agree that they would drastically increase satisfaction within the game. At least for me, those three issues are more of an annoyance than a vital issue that would significantly help the player base and game longevity. Don’t get me wrong, it will be great if and when those issues are fixed, but I also understand why they might be on the back burner in WRG’s eyes (and possibly some players as well).

I have to agree. Our Fleet uses Line so chat isn’t an issue, I have only ever encountered the Voyage bug once and as I have all Voyage exclusive crew immortalised I don’t need to go on extended trips. FBB initiation restricted to officers would be a nice to have, but isn’t critical.

This is just how I see it, I understand different players opinions and that’s fine.
  • Options

Fix the chat.
    Fix the voyage glitch.

For the new people in my fleet, there is, shall we say, a lack of enthusiasm about downloading extra applications in order to effectively communicate. In my experience, most players who dont download discord end up leaving the game sooner than later. Thats bad, from a business perspective. In fact its really bad.

This discussion has been closed.