Home The Bridge
Options

Thoughts about Collection Bonuses

Wondering if it isn't time to revamp the collection rewards. With skill bonuses at 30%, where does it stop? I think we can safely assume there will be more collections in the future, perhaps now is a good time to look at some possible alternative bonuses.

ISM, Valor, Quantum immediately come to mind. Maybe extra shuttles or even a 5th shuttle bay. I don't know, just curious what other players might think.
Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.

Comments

• Options
    I like the 5th shuttle bay option
  • Options
    Additional shuttle bay is pointless when you have tanked every faction 😄
  • Options
    Additional daily Replicator uses. Or crew slots.
  • Options
    Warrior WilloWarrior Willo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Additional daily Replicator uses. Or crew slots.

Crew slots yes, as they benefit everyone. Additional daily replicator uses would be of no benefit to many.
  • Options
    Bylo Band wrote: »
    Great thread topic *Nomad* {PoF}

My views on this subject most closely align with @Mirror Cartman, I like permanent rewards. These collections are really tough to complete and the reward should reflect that. I do like my extra stat boosts but I can also see that at some point we risk passing the point where it gets out of hand (I do not think we are there yet).

In addition to the ideas already shared, here is one additional option: more collection exclusive cards like Lucille Davenport. As long as those cards fill some niche, be they strictly "cool", fill a specific game function (shuttle beast, Gauntlet utility, etc), fan favorite, etc, they will provide something permanent players can work toward that won't unbalance the game that most players will find a satisfying/worthy objective to chase.

I'm with @Bylo Band on exclusive crew. It speaks to the box set collector enthusiast in me. I like bonus discs and swag. Plus, I think an exclusive, theme-specific crew member symbolizes "next level enthusiasm" for a theme in a way stat buffs and even a fifth shuttle wouldn't. I went all-in on the "Badda-Bing, Badda-Bang" collection, for instance, and I love having Scapegoat O'Brien to show for it. I expect at some point they'll add more copies of him to higher milestone tiers since there are still several remaining possible crew to add (I need Marc Lawrence for a 007 bridge!), but I went ahead and cited him. He's useful enough that I don't feel all I have to show for sinking those resources was another digital popcicle but not so extraordinarily useful that it would have felt like a competitive liability not to rush after him.

I'm also of the mind that I think there's some wiggle room among collection exclusives for Timelines Originals. I think that can be a satisfying expression of "next level enthusiasm." For instance, I'm hopeful for a collection based on "The Visitor" at some point. Colm Meaney wasn't available to film for part of that episode, so O'Brien only appears briefly in the present. I think an Alternate Future O'Brien would be a nice collection reward crew for that collection. Not someone definitive for the episode; it's not about that character. But a little reward for those of us invested enough in the theme of that episode who make the effort to unlock those upper milestone rewards.
  • Options
    Jenos IdanianJenos Idanian ✭✭✭✭✭

My views on this subject most closely align with @Mirror Cartman, I like permanent rewards. These collections are really tough to complete and the reward should reflect that. I do like my extra stat boosts but I can also see that at some point we risk passing the point where it gets out of hand (I do not think we are there yet).

In addition to the ideas already shared, here is one additional option: more collection exclusive cards like Lucille Davenport. As long as those cards fill some niche, be they strictly "cool", fill a specific game function (shuttle beast, Gauntlet utility, etc), fan favorite, etc, they will provide something permanent players can work toward that won't unbalance the game that most players will find a satisfying/worthy objective to chase.

I'm with @Bylo Band on exclusive crew. It speaks to the box set collector enthusiast in me. I like bonus discs and swag. Plus, I think an exclusive, theme-specific crew member symbolizes "next level enthusiasm" for a theme in a way stat buffs and even a fifth shuttle wouldn't. I went all-in on the "Badda-Bing, Badda-Bang" collection, for instance, and I love having Scapegoat O'Brien to show for it. I expect at some point they'll add more copies of him to higher milestone tiers since there are still several remaining possible crew to add (I need Marc Lawrence for a 007 bridge!), but I went ahead and cited him. He's useful enough that I don't feel all I have to show for sinking those resources was another digital popcicle but not so extraordinarily useful that it would have felt like a competitive liability not to rush after him.

I'm also of the mind that I think there's some wiggle room among collection exclusives for Timelines Originals. I think that can be a satisfying expression of "next level enthusiasm." For instance, I'm hopeful for a collection based on "The Visitor" at some point. Colm Meaney wasn't available to film for part of that episode, so O'Brien only appears briefly in the present. I think an Alternate Future O'Brien would be a nice collection reward crew for that collection. Not someone definitive for the episode; it's not about that character. But a little reward for those of us invested enough in the theme of that episode who make the effort to unlock those upper milestone rewards.

They won’t add any additional copies of O’Brien. They’ve officially stated he is safe to cite for this reason.
  • Options

They won’t add any additional copies of O’Brien. They’ve officially stated he is safe to cite for this reason.

Yeah, I know. But "they've said" a lot of things throughout the six years I've been playing this game. Again, though, I did already cite him way back when I first got him so it's all moot to me even if they go back on it later.
  • Options
    IIRC we were compensated with citations when they changed voyage crew from one copy to multiples so there’s that.