Home The Bridge

New voyage exclusive Chakotay - how do we get him?

Comments

• Sven LundgrenSven Lundgren ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure somebody already has, but I don't have enough honor saved to do it anyway

About two days ago someone posted it as FTM.
  • I got him at 8h (Ladders & Chains)

So two instances of him appearing at a SR dilemma
  • JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    So they added the 5* which is good. But they kept the stupid, useless rations. Apparently they don't know how to remove hated aspects of the game when they mess with the code pretending to improve it. The developers obviously don't care that they lose money from me.

Those "stupid, useless rations" are a tiny part of a big game. And you are throwing a fit about them since months.

Personally I love the 5* addition. And I finally feel motivated again to focus on Voyages. Should some rations come my way on the hunt for Chakotay, I could not care less.

Guess the classical "is the glass half full or half empty" approach...
  • Kim_Novak.IIKim_Novak.II ✭✭✭✭
    So they added the 5* which is good. But they kept the stupid, useless rations. Apparently they don't know how to remove hated aspects of the game when they mess with the code pretending to improve it. The developers obviously don't care that they lose money from me.

Those "stupid, useless rations" are a tiny part of a big game. And you are throwing a fit about them since months.

Personally I love the 5* addition. And I finally feel motivated again to focus on Voyages. Should some rations come my way on the hunt for Chakotay, I could not care less.

Guess the classical "is the glass half full or half empty" approach...

I'm a "buy smaller glass" type of guy
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2023
    Removed one comment from this thread.
    Adding the evergreen reminder that there are more than one way to express oneself to get a point across, choose the mindful way on these forums - thank you!
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    To sum up:
    Any dilemma starting at 6 hours and beyond.
    A very small chance from the dilemmas that normally drop 4* crew.
    A super-duper small chance from the dilemmas that normally drop 3* crew.
    A microscopically small chance from the dilemmas that normally drop 2* crew.
    A non-zero (but tiny*) chance of dropping from the dilemmas that normally yield the voyage exclusive cards.

* The relative difference between "tiny" and the variations of "small" is unclear at this time.

Do I have that right?
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    To sum up:
    A non-zero (but tiny*) chance of dropping from the dilemmas that normally yield the voyage exclusive cards.

* The relative difference between "tiny" and the variations of "small" is unclear at this time.

Do I have that right?

I would guess the dilemmas that drop voyage exclusives are treated like the dilemma level they are when you don't pick the exclusive crew. So the two parters have the same odds of a 3* crew dilemma, and the three parters have the same odds as the 4* crew dilemmas.
  • Every voyage I’ve sent since the loot table was updated to include Chakotay has frozen. Every… single… one.
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    To sum up:

Do I have that right?

I would guess the dilemmas that drop voyage exclusives are treated like the dilemma level they are when you don't pick the exclusive crew. So the two parters have the same odds of a 3* crew dilemma, and the three parters have the same odds as the 4* crew dilemmas.

I'm guess the best strategy then, is to leave the substance on the planet, refuse the agent's demands, tell the Trill to go elsewhere, and don't pick up hitchhikers, even if they are carrying a towel.

i7n1pkfsf0uj.jpeg
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2023
    I’d be happy with my voyage not getting stuck. Three voyages in the past few days stuck at 16 hours, 30 hours, and 14 hours. Still a frustrated issue… I’ve heard the voyage dilemma dealing with protecting the Vorta passenger is a good chance for Chakotay (I think it’s also mentioned in this thread).
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • ArnieArnie ✭✭✭✭
    So they added the 5* which is good. But they kept the stupid, useless rations. How incredibly myopic of them. Why would I spend my hard-earned revival tokens or dilithium when I still get absolute garbage? If they went to the trouble of changing the loot table, they could have really improved things.

I was about to buy a monthly card. Now they lost some money. Ridiculous short-sighted thinking. The one hand waves a shiny new toy while the other hand slaps you across the face. I was all ready to praise them for the improvement. Apparently they don't know how to remove hated aspects of the game when they mess with the code pretending to improve it.

The developers obviously don't care that they lose money from me.

54ccydc99koq.jpg

I just saw the golden glow of a reward at a 10 hour dilemma and thought I'd snagged Chakotay... but it was those pesky rations again!
  • AviTrek wrote: »
    I don't know which I hate more, the replicator rations or the ship schematics. I just wish both would go away.

You can always choose not to get the ship shematics and instead take the airlock fodder.
  • WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know which I hate more, the replicator rations or the ship schematics. I just wish both would go away.

At least the ship schematics could theoretically be updated to include schematics that might be useful...
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2023

They are not highly concerned with our wishes. But at least the schematics are predictable and can be intentionally chosen or avoided. I wouldn't even mind the rations if they were predictable.

For the record, I really do like the addition of the 5* crew. This is a good thing.
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would enjoy pursuing a new card via Voyages, except for the fact that Voyages still get stuck.

I wish I could trust WRG on this, but I don't. Been burned too many times over the years to give them any benefit of doubt.
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • edited January 2023
    Shan wrote: »
    Ivanstone wrote: »
    The crew can drop from dilemma rewards, starting at the dilemma at the 6h mark, and any dilemma after that.

Hi Shan! Happy New Year. If I can clarify please, can he only drop from dilemmas? As you may already know, Super Rare crew can drop at random between dilemmas beginning at 6h. I just wanted to confirm he is not able to drop from those instances.

While 4* crew have a small chance to drop in between dilemmas, they have a higher chance to drop when completing a dilemma. For this 5* crew however, the chance of it dropping is only in the case of completing a dilemma.

Is it only the Super Rare Dilemmas (ex Blood Red Tide) or can it be any dilemma?

Scratch that, as I am not sure I am understanding the question correctly, could you please clarify?

Does Chakotay only drop from the 100 honor Dilemmas? Or can it be from 30 honor or the the middle dilemma 60 honor?

There are 2 questions that have 3 levels of dilemmas can the 5* Vori Defender Chakotay drop from any of the 3 levels? As the 6hr mark is when the 1st 3rd level dilemma can be achieved. If this is the case then we know that we need to choose options that must lead to a 3rd level choice, rather than closing it off with an incorrect answer.

Or can he only drop on the 100 honor questions? Rather than any of the 30 or 60 honor questions.
  • Warrior WilloWarrior Willo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ivanstone wrote: »
    The crew can drop from dilemma rewards, starting at the dilemma at the 6h mark, and any dilemma after that.

Hi Shan! Happy New Year. If I can clarify please, can he only drop from dilemmas? As you may already know, Super Rare crew can drop at random between dilemmas beginning at 6h. I just wanted to confirm he is not able to drop from those instances.

While 4* crew have a small chance to drop in between dilemmas, they have a higher chance to drop when completing a dilemma. For this 5* crew however, the chance of it dropping is only in the case of completing a dilemma.

Is it only the Super Rare Dilemmas (ex Blood Red Tide) or can it be any dilemma?

Scratch that, as I am not sure I am understanding the question correctly, could you please clarify?

Does Chakotay only drop from the 100 honor Dilemmas? Or can it be from 30 honor or the the middle dilemma 60 honor?

There are 2 questions that have 3 levels of dilemmas can the 5* Vori Defender Chakotay drop from any of the 3 levels? As the 6hr mark is when the 1st 3rd level dilemma can be achieved. If this is the case then we know that we need to choose options that must lead to a 3rd level choice, rather than closing it off with an incorrect answer.

Or can he only drop on the 100 honor questions? Rather than any of the 30 or 60 honor questions.

Have you looked at Ben’s response earlier in this thread as it may provide clarity
  • Dropped for me today at 8 hour mark from The Cost of Living 4* dilemma

Way sooner than I expected - very pleased
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm getting frustrated. Twice have run a Revival Voyage across an Event, as well as multiple other 24 hour+ Voyages. G.I. Ko has been a no go so far. Really fun when the 26 hour Dilemma is that mining rights one.
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm getting frustrated. Twice have run a Revival Voyage across an Event, as well as multiple other 24 hour+ Voyages. G.I. Ko has been a no go so far. Really fun when the 26 hour Dilemma is that mining rights one.

He's really rare. I wouldn't waste tokens trying for him because it's not going to help much. I think of him like gauntlet exclusive crew. They'll drop eventually but throwing money/merits/dil at them is not worth the improvement.

Most of my top 1 gauntlet finishes don't yield a crew. Sure the extra chances improve the odds, but not enough to yield the crew. So I'm not going to throw DIL at reviving crew to finish #1. Similarly 12 hour voyages are not going to yield Chakotay. So throwing tokens or DIL at going 14+ hours is not a big enough improvement to be worth it for Chakotay.

I figure at some point Chakotay will drop at a 6-12 hour dilemma. Until then I'll just keep playing voyages as I was before he launched.

I'm definitely not going to keep "going deep" trying. The main reason I did the Revivals on Event weekends was because I had already started a habit during Factions of just putting whoever was left after I sent out the 24 Shittle JumpStart out and then just doing the Dilemma at Reset each night. Used about half my stack of Revivals now. But too many last Dilemmas taking the stowaway to see his family or giving the mining rights to the colonists or correcting the Klingon's insults.
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • So how often is he dropping for everyone? I got my second today which made me feel good, don't know if I'm very lucky or if he's just dropping at a higher rate than I expected.
  • Sulu's HusbandSulu's Husband ✭✭✭✭✭
    So how often is he dropping for everyone? I got my second today which made me feel good, don't know if I'm very lucky or if he's just dropping at a higher rate than I expected.

You’re lucky. I’m still waiting.