Home The Bridge
Options

Tuesday Packs

It's been several weeks since the last one. Gone for good?

Comments

• Options
    ThurthoradThurthorad ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did anyone like them? They always felt ultra whaley to me. And if you aren't putting good crew in them, they probably don't sell, and if you do, you're making the game more pay to win than it needs to be. The offers based on the traits seem to be their replacement and certainly the Discovery and Uhura ones I bought every offer they gave me.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thurthorad wrote: »
    Did anyone like them? They always felt ultra whaley to me. And if you aren't putting good crew in them, they probably don't sell, and if you do, you're making the game more pay to win than it needs to be. The offers based on the traits seem to be their replacement and certainly the Discovery and Uhura ones I bought every offer they gave me.

I think people definitely like them when they do have a good featured Crew. The definition of which can vary. It could mean for one player a Crew who really bumps their Voyage ability. For another it could mean a new Gauntlet monster with great Rolls. Someone else may be pleased to try because the Crew is a good option for Arena and/or FBB. Some may just like the specific Crew.

I went for Bullseye Kyle because the scene is funny and I like that Pike's Enterprise has Kyle on it. Just my personal reasons for going for that particular Tuesday Crew. As an example.
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Options
    I was wondering the same about Tuesday packs. They were previously once a week but have been absent for a good few weeks now. Surely if they’re not continuing, that’s quite the decrease in the crew going forward?

I’d usually go for the Tuesday pack if I liked the crew or their stats but otherwise was happy they’d eventually appear via portal update and I’d get them then. If there are no more Tuesday packs, the only crew getting released in eventual portal updates will be ones I’ve already got via events.
  • Options
    I have to wonder if it's related to the recent likeness approval issues. I could easily see the art department having to work harder on event crew than usual and that coming out of time ordinarily spent whipping up Tuesday pack crew. If so, I also have to wonder why not at least throw together some 390-dilithium priced packs of existing crew who had previously been pack-only? We all like fully fusing the crew we've got lying around already.
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have to wonder if it's related to the recent likeness approval issues. I could easily see the art department having to work harder on event crew than usual and that coming out of time ordinarily spent whipping up Tuesday pack crew. If so, I also have to wonder why not at least throw together some 390-dilithium priced packs of existing crew who had previously been pack-only? We all like fully fusing the crew we've got lying around already.

I think that's what the special collection/trait packs have been, both a means of replacing the Tuesday packs and still having something unique to sell for the week.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1486 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    Maybe replaced with the 1300 Dilithium Behold Packs? Seems like these are the weekly thing now. New one came out today.
  • Options
    Mixed beholds are the new black
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least these are an easy pass
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Options
    cmdrworf wrote: »
    At least these are an easy pass

For me, as well. The chance for either featured Crew or {at least} one Behold for 650 Dilithium is a better deal to me than one Behold {and only that} for twice as much Dilithium.
  • Options
    Nothing yesterday or today?