Home The Bridge
Options

Community Introduction: Hello, I'm Nancy!

124»

Comments

• Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    The whole point of this is to determine authenticity because it’s important to know the extent of untruths our relationship with the game people is. If they base our relationship on untruths and are fine in doing that, then why should we believe that the game is “doing fine” and there’s nothing to worry about?

Well said.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    The whole point of this is to determine authenticity because it’s important to know the extent of untruths our relationship with the game people is. If they base our relationship on untruths and are fine in doing that, then why should we believe that the game is “doing fine” and there’s nothing to worry about?

Well said.

Thank you Scott. The state of the game is important in decision making. Am I going to spend hundreds of dollars getting the brakes fixed on a car when the engine is going to go out in a month?

• Options
    JoeSage 2JoeSage 2 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2023

Well said.

Thank you Scott. The state of the game is important in decision making. Am I going to spend hundreds of dollars getting the brakes fixed on a car when the engine is going to go out in a month?

I just spent $4 on Monthly, so I hope STT keeps going for years & years ... since I am about 4 years in Honor Debt before IMMing my cards!
  • Options
    JoeSage 2 wrote: »

Well said.

I just spent $4 on Monthly, so I hope STT keeps going for years & years ... since I am about 4 years in Honor Debt before Imm my cards!

Fingers crossed for ya!

• Options
    Hello Nancy. I don’t recall seeing any in game messages about the Honour Sale nor this week’s event. Are these a thing of the past now and we should check the forum, Twitter etc rather than in game for announcements about the game?
  • Options
    Hello Nancy. I don’t recall seeing any in game messages about the Honour Sale nor this week’s event. Are these a thing of the past now and we should check the forum, Twitter etc rather than in game for announcements about the game?

We have been having some issues with in-game messaging, but we are working on a solution. In the meantime, we recommend checking the forum, Twitter, and other official channels for announcements about the game. We'll let you know once we get them back.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Y'all need to chill, lol. If Nancy is feeling harassed by a few wiseacres like me making silly posts accusing her of being a robot, then she definitely shouldn't be moderating an Internet forum, even one as relatively even-tempered as this one.

Many of us just happened to note that her comments read like they were created by ChatGPT. 😜 But I doubt that anyone but a few outliers actually believe that there's not a real person behind it. (Even if they may be using AI to craft their responses.) And although I can only speak for myself, I felt like the spirit of our posts was generally playful. And I expected they'd be taken in that spirit, as well. After all, this is a gaming forum, not a forum for the discussion of serious socio-political issues or anything. We like to have fun here -- or at least we did, back when I used to post in the forums a lot more regularly.
    Navarch wrote: »
    Though, to be honest, it would probably be more fun if she leaned into it.

Exactly. If it were me at the receiving end of all the jests, I'd come back with a "Beep - boop - bleep" response or something. 🤖

Or even better, respond to our lighthearted jabs about being a robot with something Trek-related...

y8dd934sv8do.gif

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options

We have been having some issues with in-game messaging, but we are working on a solution. In the meantime, we recommend checking the forum, Twitter, and other official channels for announcements about the game. We'll let you know once we get them back.

Thanks Nancy. Feels a bit weird without the in-game messages and I hope you get it sorted soon. It is adding to my general unease about the game and the state of its health, exacerbated by players missing out on the community 10 pack pull from the last event.

In the meantime anyone want to guess what the username/password combo might be that someone or probably “forgot” to handover in the great WRG layoffs…

• Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    Data1001 wrote: »
    Y'all need to chill, lol. If Nancy is feeling harassed by a few wiseacres like me making silly posts accusing her of being a robot, then she definitely shouldn't be moderating an Internet forum, even one as relatively even-tempered as this one.

Many of us just happened to note that her comments read like they were created by ChatGPT. 😜 But I doubt that anyone but a few outliers actually believe that there's not a real person behind it. (Even if they may be using AI to craft their responses.) And although I can only speak for myself, I felt like the spirit of our posts was generally playful. And I expected they'd be taken in that spirit, as well. After all, this is a gaming forum, not a forum for the discussion of serious socio-political issues or anything. We like to have fun here -- or at least we did, back when I used to post in the forums a lot more regularly.
    Says the guy whose signature line is the quote, "Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing." :tongue:

And what the hell is "fun"?