Home The Bridge
Options

Event Discussion - Faction Event Notes: Backdraft (Arc #4) - 2023-03-09

2»

Comments

• Options
    Sulu's HusbandSulu's Husband ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thurthorad wrote: »

Positions are replaceable, people are not.

In a work context people are totally replaceable. Yes, the dynamic will change, but humans are masters at adapting. We'll get there too.

Some of us do miss Shan you know… :confused:

We miss Shan. Do you think that carries over to the faceless corporation who axed her to replace her with someone they obvious will pay less and who does not even get to use her name when she posts versus a label the company will not have to change when they replace her with someone they will pay even less?

It's like they say.

"If you die tomorrow, the ad for your replacement at work will be in the same paper as your obituary."

Hey, give her a break. She’s “trying so hard to not sound as an AI”

It may be possible English isn’t her first language which is why her posts may come across a bit “unnatural” sounding to some.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thurthorad wrote: »

Positions are replaceable, people are not.

In a work context people are totally replaceable. Yes, the dynamic will change, but humans are masters at adapting. We'll get there too.

Some of us do miss Shan you know… :confused:

We miss Shan. Do you think that carries over to the faceless corporation who axed her to replace her with someone they obvious will pay less and who does not even get to use her name when she posts versus a label the company will not have to change when they replace her with someone they will pay even less?

It's like they say.

"If you die tomorrow, the ad for your replacement at work will be in the same paper as your obituary."

Hey, give her a break. She’s “trying so hard to not sound as an AI”

It may be possible English isn’t her first language which is why her posts may come across a bit “unnatural” sounding to some.

Entirety possible. "Outsourcing" tech jobs like online customer relations often does not have borders.
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Options
    AviTrek wrote: »
    Crew sharing for only phase 1? And faction winner Y/N????

Already corrected! sorry for the misunderstanding.

Nancy, this is the one where the title needs to be fixed. It looks like you did yyyy-dd-mm rather than yyyy-mm-dd. And it should be the event start date, rather than the date you posted the announcement.

Thanks

I'm trying so hard not to look as an AI. Thank you for the correction, I think is ok now.

Depends on what you call okay. Last week, the date was yyyy-mm-dd, as it's been every week. Now it's yyyy-dd-mm. Are we changing formats, or is this a typo?
  • Options
    edited March 2023

Nancy, this is the one where the title needs to be fixed. It looks like you did yyyy-dd-mm rather than yyyy-mm-dd. And it should be the event start date, rather than the date you posted the announcement.

Thanks

I'm trying so hard not to look as an AI. Thank you for the correction, I think is ok now.

Depends on what you call okay. Last week, the date was yyyy-mm-dd, as it's been every week. Now it's yyyy-dd-mm. Are we changing formats, or is this a typo?

It's a typo! now it's correct.
  • Options

Thanks

Aww, do you feel badly about it? Or is it feeling bad about it?
  • Options
    ArnieArnie ✭✭✭✭
    Far too many med seats this event it seems!
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arnie wrote: »

Indeed. I can still send 9 overnight shuttles with greater than 95% success rate, but I imagine it is particularly annoying to those with smaller crews. Of course, I'm only looking at the 3-seat shuttles. It is possible some 4 seat ones are far better.
  • Options
    Isn't it more that there are so few Trill cards with decent MED bases? But I'm definitely regularly using cards like Kovich and God!Q as well as the single skiller McCoy...
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just realized this: people need to keep in mind that clocks are moving forward in the US tonight. That means this event will have one less hour. This is important in terms of planning your last flight of shuttles on Monday.

I just checked, and it seems WRG forgot about this with the event announcement…
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1486 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    EnderW wrote: »
    Just realized this: people need to keep in mind that clocks are moving forward in the US tonight. That means this event will have one less hour. This is important in terms of planning your last flight of shuttles on Monday.

I just checked, and it seems WRG forgot about this with the event announcement…

I knew that it was soon. Did not realize was this weekend.
  • Options

We got a couple of new Trill this Mega, but several were 5 🌟. I think I found three older ones in the fridge. Waitress Ezri, Cello Adira, and someone else?

But Med is tight for Trills. Like I said, more new ones are 5 🌟 than 4 🌟. O'Brien and Bashir versus {IIRC} Spawning Pool Jadzia.
  • Options
    ArnieArnie ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2023

We got a couple of new Trill this Mega, but several were 5 🌟. I think I found three older ones in the fridge. Waitress Ezri, Cello Adira, and someone else?

But Med is tight for Trills. Like I said, more new ones are 5 🌟 than 4 🌟. O'Brien and Bashir versus {IIRC} Spawning Pool Jadzia.

The seats are all mainly eng and med or Sci and med, which is even rarer, especially when recent events including medical staff as bonus crew lacked med seats.

I know it's the same for everyone, but it looks like all these are purely being driven by Tobin O'brien as event crew?
  • Options

The seats are all mainly eng and med or Sci and med, which is even rarer, especially when recent events including medical staff as bonus crew lacked med seats.

I know it's the same for everyone, but it looks like all these are purely being driven by Tobin O'brien as event crew?

I also got a feeling it was inspired by O'Brien.
  • Options

I also got a feeling it was inspired by O'Brien.

I think so too. On my alt, my squadron leader was sharing him and it made my alt perform nearly as well as my main account (where the shared crew was Joran).