Home The Bridge

Event Discussion - Faction Event Notes: Backdraft (Arc #4) - 2023-03-09

edited March 2023 in The Bridge

Comments

• AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    So the rank reward 5* in the final week of a DS9-heavy mega-event is a new Scotty from Star Trek VI. I don't know if I feel pandered to or exploited.

The final 5* crew in a DS9 heavy mega is Tobin O'Brien. The final mega event features a 5* rank reward for the event after the mega.

The 5* reward offset by one strikes again.
  • *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scotty, looks, well, hmm, umm, I don't know, just....hmmm :|
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2023
    3 🌟 Pretty Clothes Jadzia as the lower Threshold Reward instead of a 2 🌟. Awesome if anyone is missing her! {Her outfit theme matches one of her 2 🌟 variants, IIRC}

My bad. I thought the 2 🌟 had a similar color scheme to her outfit for some reason.

9vx0687ckwsp.png
    b0zifns9bynb.png
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    So the rank reward 5* in the final week of a DS9-heavy mega-event is a new Scotty from Star Trek VI. I don't know if I feel pandered to or exploited.

Come on Travis, keep playing. You know you want to!!! :D

I'm a little disappointing in this Scott though. He doesn't have the innovator or jury rigger traits, which are the character's defining traits. I realize this card is supposed to be him taking out West at the end of Undiscovered Country, but Scotty would still be those things as it's what he was.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1470 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • edited March 2023
    I'm happy to get "best trek uniforms" Scotty. In fact, I think this officially puts us at all 7 "main cast" in the reds right?
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »

The final 5* crew in a DS9 heavy mega is Tobin O'Brien. The final mega event features a 5* rank reward for the event after the mega.

No, I meant what I said. The offset didn't strike at all. The rank reward 5*... is a new Scotty. The featured 5* in that event is Tobin O'Brien.
    EnderW wrote: »

Come on Travis, keep playing. You know you want to!!! :D

Sometimes I wonder if I ever did.
    I'm a little disappointing in this Scott though. He doesn't have the innovator or jury rigger traits, which are the character's defining traits. I realize this card is supposed to be him taking out West at the end of Undiscovered Country, but Scotty would still be those things as it's what he was.

Honestly, if not for the flavor text, I would have placed him as being from II or III. And why not give him a pose that relates to his heroic moment of shooting Colonel West, rather than just kinda standing there all cheerful?
    bwojeclw5few.jpg
    dhj0cm4jau79.jpg
  • Crew sharing for only phase 1? And faction winner Y/N????
  • Crew sharing for only phase 1? And faction winner Y/N????

Already corrected! sorry for the misunderstanding.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crew sharing for only phase 1? And faction winner Y/N????

Nancy, this is the one where the title needs to be fixed. It looks like you did yyyy-dd-mm rather than yyyy-mm-dd. And it should be the event start date, rather than the date you posted the announcement.

Thanks
  • BTW.What happened to the pre event give aways with small amounts of event resources
  • AviTrek wrote: »

Nancy, this is the one where the title needs to be fixed. It looks like you did yyyy-dd-mm rather than yyyy-mm-dd. And it should be the event start date, rather than the date you posted the announcement.

Thanks

I'm trying so hard not to look as an AI. Thank you for the correction, I think is ok now.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    NoblemanDK wrote: »
    BTW.What happened to the pre event give aways with small amounts of event resources

Ben said they aren’t doing them for some time while they get stuff sorted with the layoffs then may pick it up again in a month or so.
    Let’s fly!
  • edited March 2023

Thanks

I'm trying so hard not to look as an AI. Thank you for the correction, I think is ok now.

This is truly a facepalm moment

• Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks

I thought it was funny. Timelines always needs more self-aware humor.
  • Navarch wrote: »

Thanks

I thought it was funny. Timelines always needs more self-aware humor.

Pun intended?

• Kim_Novak.IIKim_Novak.II ✭✭✭✭

No, I meant what I said. The offset didn't strike at all. The rank reward 5*... is a new Scotty. The featured 5* in that event is Tobin O'Brien.

And that's how it's always been with megas. The fourth week's reward has nothing to do most of the time with the themed mega 🤷‍♂️
    Am I missing something?
  • W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    The reward is typically a repeat, signaling the event that will rerun. The new 5* is usually the rerun BEFORE a Mega.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Scotty, looks, well, hmm, umm, I don't know, just....hmmm :|

🤣🤣 I looked at it yesterday and thought exactly the same thing - couldn't think of a suitable word to sum up my initial thoughts, but hmmm does cover it nicely!!
    BTW.What happened to the pre event give aways with small amounts of event resources

Ben said they aren’t doing them for some time while they get stuff sorted with the layoffs then may pick it up again in a month or so.

Well, that is less than reassuring. They cut the staff so hard they cannot have someone send out boilerplate items? What is sent for each Event type is well established and probably could even be set up as a series of simple macros. Faction Event? Click on the Faction Event Pre-set. Like that.

• (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, that is less than reassuring. They cut the staff so hard they cannot have someone send out boilerplate items? What is sent for each Event type is well established and probably could even be set up as a series of simple macros. Faction Event? Click on the Faction Event Pre-set. Like that.

Shan did them and there is no Shan anymore. Shan did a lot of different things helpful to the game and the community and is not replaceable.
    Let’s fly!
  • ThurthoradThurthorad ✭✭✭✭✭

Shan did them and there is no Shan anymore. Shan did a lot of different things helpful to the game and the community and is not replaceable.

That's silly, of course she's replaceable. It's just that they haven't replaced her with like for like. We have very little insight into either person's full responsibilities. There's also firm specific human capital that gets developed over time. Shan was there a long time, there's hopefully plenty of time for Nancy to learn what's important to us (and important to TP?WG). At the end of the day the 100 chrons did very little for me and I don't miss it.

However, I think that the lack of updates on Steam are potentially bad for the game, as players who have the game installed get them in their feed and might help bring people back. (But that's just an ill informed opinion, maybe very few people play on Steam). Either way Nancy's boss will decide her priorities, not Nancy and not us.
  • ThurthoradThurthorad ✭✭✭✭✭

Positions are replaceable, people are not.

In a work context people are totally replaceable. Yes, the dynamic will change, but humans are masters at adapting. We'll get there too.
  • Thurthorad wrote: »

In a work context people are totally replaceable. Yes, the dynamic will change, but humans are masters at adapting. We'll get there too.

Some of us do miss Shan you know… :confused:
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!

And that's how it's always been with megas. The fourth week's reward has nothing to do most of the time with the themed mega 🤷‍♂️
    Am I missing something?

Yes. You're missing the second sentence of my original post: "I don't know if I feel pandered to or exploited." DS9 is my favorite series, VI is my favorite movie.
    Thurthorad wrote: »

We miss Shan. Do you think that carries over to the faceless corporation who axed her to replace her with someone they obvious will pay less and who does not even get to use her name when she posts versus a label the company will not have to change when they replace her with someone they will pay even less?

It's like they say.

"If you die tomorrow, the ad for your replacement at work will be in the same paper as your obituary."
  • Thurthorad wrote: »

We miss Shan. Do you think that carries over to the faceless corporation who axed her to replace her with someone they obvious will pay less and who does not even get to use her name when she posts versus a label the company will not have to change when they replace her with someone they will pay even less?

It's like they say.

"If you die tomorrow, the ad for your replacement at work will be in the same paper as your obituary."

Hey, give her a break. She’s “trying so hard to not sound as an AI”