Home The Bridge

Any chance we could get some of these announcements unstickied?

There's 16 of them right now. You have to scroll halfway down the page just to find the main conversation. :D

Comments

• There's 16 of them right now. You have to scroll halfway down the page just to find the main conversation. :D

0dqkcndrt9w8.png
  • Thank you! Never knew about that.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's 16 of them right now. You have to scroll halfway down the page just to find the main conversation. :D

0dqkcndrt9w8.png

Still, the Event ones should be unStuck once the Event ends. No offense meant to Nancy. Just pointing out another thing that needs to be added to the repertoire.

She has a lot of stuff to learn that used to be done by the person she is doing the work they used to do. And she will not know those things if we do not let her know.
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    @STT Community we also need server release notes when appropriate.

E.g.
    When new collections are released.
    When current crew have changes to them, e.g. traits added or removed.

In Starfleet Communications

I agree, too sticky. Clean it up, please.
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    @STT Community There are also threads in Engineering Room that could use some acknowledgement

https://forum.wickedrealmgames.com/stt/categories/engineering-room
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Webberoni wrote: »
    How are there not documented processes in place (along with templates) for the most basic of communication? I get that employees are new, but business goes on...

Because companies always have tribal knowledge. Especially with a long term employee. So when that employee leaves no one knows how to do X because A always took care of it.
  • Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, for several years I was a "team of one" at work. I'd written up basic instructions for everything I did, but hadn't recorded much in the way of specifics.

So after I hired a "Number One" it took about a year (on and off) to record detailed work instructions for everything we were responsible for.
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • Hi everyone, I'm taking notes of everything. I'll be cleaning up the forum by removing past announcements! thank you for your patience :)
  • *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2023
    Kanon wrote: »
    @STT Community There are also threads in Engineering Room that could use some acknowledgement

(Just in case "someone" doesn't know: This is from TOS, I, Mudd episode....)

t4jf2g4ocfmg.gif
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Kanon wrote: »

(Just in case "someone" doesn't know: This is from TOS, I, Mudd episode....)

t4jf2g4ocfmg.gif

That’s what I’m thinking too

• Hey, as we have mentioned on several occasions, if you encounter any bugs or experience any in-game internal issues, we recommend that you go to https://startrektimelines.zendesk.com/hc/en-us and submit a request for assistance.

Thank you!
  • Hey, as we have mentioned on several occasions, if you encounter any bugs or experience any in-game internal issues, we recommend that you go to https://startrektimelines.zendesk.com/hc/en-us and submit a request for assistance.

Thank you!

Y’all still not convinced?

• AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, as we have mentioned on several occasions, if you encounter any bugs or experience any in-game internal issues, we recommend that you go to https://startrektimelines.zendesk.com/hc/en-us and submit a request for assistance.

Thank you!

Just a note on this; I just yesterday moved the zendesk to my "legacy" bookmarks folder for STT resources, as the last update there was made 3-4 months ago. If we're being directed to use this as a hub for this sort of formal game-related communication, can we please expect the same from your organization?

There is a good deal of confusion right now, and knowing the single best go-to place for official information would be invaluable to us all. So is it still these forums, or will it be Zendesk going forward, or will they be synchronized and the answer is "both?"

One finer point: you're asking us in this thread, to change a behavior (submitting bugs/issues to the Engineering Room forum) that we've all been consistently trained to do for years. The community will make the change, but there should be some formal note made in Engineering Room at least so that requests do not disappear into a black hole.

Zendesk is what they use for CS tickets. Look at the email address and link for any CS ticket you've submitted in the past.

I didn't read that as changing behavior. It's more a rewording of Shan's, "if you experience any issues, please submit a ticket for CS to take a look."
  • AviTrek wrote: »
    Zendesk is what they use for CS tickets. Look at the email address and link for any CS ticket you've submitted in the past.

I didn't read that as changing behavior. It's more a rewording of Shan's, "if you experience any issues, please submit a ticket for CS to take a look."

All true. The proximity of Nancy's post to Kanon's note on the Engineering Room needing attention was what worried me that those voices aren't going to be heard.

Thank you!

Just a note on this; I just yesterday moved the zendesk to my "legacy" bookmarks folder for STT resources, as the last update there was made 3-4 months ago. If we're being directed to use this as a hub for this sort of formal game-related communication, can we please expect the same from your organization?

There is a good deal of confusion right now, and knowing the single best go-to place for official information would be invaluable to us all. So is it still these forums, or will it be Zendesk going forward, or will they be synchronized and the answer is "both?"

One finer point: you're asking us in this thread, to change a behavior (submitting bugs/issues to the Engineering Room forum) that we've all been consistently trained to do for years. The community will make the change, but there should be some formal note made in Engineering Room at least so that requests do not disappear into a black hole.

Hey there! Zendesk has been a source of information and our customer service center for years. You can find official information that usually doesn't change, such as official times for each event category, and receive personal assistance for in-game issues.

You can get official information from multiple sources, including the forum, Zendesk, social media, and in-game messages (which we're about to start sending again). We've been using Zendesk practically from the beginning, so we thought it was well-known to the community. However, if you feel that we need to remind everyone, I'll post an announcement reminding this info :) Thanks for the suggestion!
  • Thanks, Nancy. Glad to hear the in-game messaging will resume soon!
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, as we have mentioned on several occasions, if you encounter any bugs or experience any in-game internal issues, we recommend that you go to https://startrektimelines.zendesk.com/hc/en-us and submit a request for assistance.

Thank you!

Hey there! Zendesk has been a source of information and our customer service center for years. You can find official information that usually doesn't change, such as official times for each event category, and receive personal assistance for in-game issues.

You can get official information from multiple sources, including the forum, Zendesk, social media, and in-game messages (which we're about to start sending again). We've been using Zendesk practically from the beginning, so we thought it was well-known to the community. However, if you feel that we need to remind everyone, I'll post an announcement reminding this info :) Thanks for the suggestion!

Please look at some of the threads people posted in the past where the Zendesk people gave inaccurate information or downright denied something was incorrect and Shan had to get involved in getting it resolved. A Ticket does not always help.

That is why the Engineering Room exists. So people can report a major problem there instead of a large number of people swamping CS with Tickets. I know that I try to check Engineering Room first when I encounter an issue to see if others have a problem and it is a global issue instead of a local issue for me.

What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?

Thank you!

Please look at some of the threads people posted in the past where the Zendesk people gave inaccurate information or downright denied something was incorrect and Shan had to get involved in getting it resolved. A Ticket does not always help.

That is why the Engineering Room exists. So people can report a major problem there instead of a large number of people swamping CS with Tickets. I know that I try to check Engineering Room first when I encounter an issue to see if others have a problem and it is a global issue instead of a local issue for me.

Thank you for sharing this information with me. Maybe through this conversation, we can make better use of the engineering room. (Maybe we can open a poll to gather more opinions?)

In my humble opinion (this comes from my perspective, and although you have more experience on this forum than I do, I hope this recommendation helps), the engineering room should be used to check major issues and clarify them. When such issues arise, I usually receive the information as soon as the problem is detected and I can inform you about the status.

However, if you require assistance on a specific matter, it would be better to reach out directly to the CS team since they are experts and can solve the problem more quickly than I can.