Home The Bridge

Philippa Georgiou's Future *Spoiler Alert*

What is Legendary Philippa's usefulness for future events besides her being Discovery Crew?

We now have a desert version so I'm guessing at the very least there will be a captain version. Considering what happened to her is there any other option? Possible flashbacks? Cloned? Mirror? Resurrected? Obi Wan Kenobied?

Comments

• Maybe a boarding party version with her in the tactical vest with a phaser?
  • Maybe a boarding party version with her in the tactical vest with a phaser?

She'll probably end up being the character with the most variants per appearance.
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I read somewhere that Discovery is apparently planning at least one episode with a mirror universe (or perhaps just alternate universe), so we may get "evil" Georgiou. And if we're really lucky, maybe she'll have a goatee. >:)

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't forget Assimilated Georgiou or any other version they want to create. ;)
  • Personally I'm thinking both she and T'Kumva get brought back to life via the spores or whatever they are. Probably just me though.
    “Holodeck 2 tomorrow, 1600 hours. Just you, me and a tuning fork”
  • Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭
    UnkieB wrote: »

Augment Georgiou, COP Founder Georgiou, Convergence Day Georgiou, 25th Century Georgiou....
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Grant77 wrote: »
    UnkieB wrote: »

Augment Georgiou, COP Founder Georgiou, Convergence Day Georgiou, 25th Century Georgiou....

Smitten Georgiou
    Edit: how can I forget Age of Sail Georgiou
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Augment Georgiou
  • Pallidyne wrote: »
    Augment Georgiou

Prisoner Georgiou. Which could be plausible, given the character's fate.
  • Heh, jokes aside (and I really like the COP Founder one) I read on trekbbs that she continued filming throughout the season and is assumed to appear in flasbacks.

As for her use in this game past the mega event I don't expect it will be significant.

It's a pity, lovely actress.
  • Saga KotoSaga Koto ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    How about a "Eaten Georgiou"?

Edit: "Passed Through a Klingon Colon Georgiou"?
  • When do you think "Ripper" will show up?
  • BardezBardez ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Personally I'm thinking both she and T'Kumva get brought back to life via the spores or whatever they are. Probably just me though.
    CSMone01 wrote: »

The Klingons ate her. K'Tuvma is probably more physically intact.
    Perception is the thin dividing line between reality and fiction

Immortalized crew count:
    27×1★; 53×2★; 78×3★; 196×4★; 87×5★
  • Saga Koto wrote: »
    When do you think "Ripper" will show up?

I would love to see "Ripper"...would make a great 4* with ENG/SCI skill set!

• Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saga Koto wrote: »
    When do you think "Ripper" will show up?

I would love to see "Ripper"...would make a great 4* with ENG/SCI skill set!

I was digging that they made Ripper a sort of macroscopic version of the Tardigrade (aka "Water Bear"). This cute little guy has become my new favorite creature...

v6hri9.jpg

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Bardez wrote: »
    Personally I'm thinking both she and T'Kumva get brought back to life via the spores or whatever they are. Probably just me though.

Actually, or are you just **tsk tsk** with me. Haven't seen episode 4 yet.
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope. They had her for dinner. And the idea of the spores bringing her back to life is a great call. There's no body to re-animate though and I'm not sure about the spores ability of traveling through time. Perhaps in the end they will and they can go back to the original encounter. They can give them the Vulcan Hello and the course of history will change.
  • Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭
    Bardez wrote: »

Actually, or are you just **** with me. Haven't seen episode 4 yet.

Do you really want to know?
    Yes, they eat her
  • FutureImperfectaFutureImperfecta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope. They had her for dinner. And the idea of the spores bringing her back to life is a great call. There's no body to re-animate though and I'm not sure about the spores ability of traveling through time. Perhaps in the end they will and they can go back to the original encounter. They can give them the Vulcan Hello and the course of history will change.

I miss Enterprise too.
    But time traveling, prequal, Klingons & over aggressive Vulcans.. it was better with Bakula.

(Why would the "Vulcan hello" even have a chance of working anyways? "Once battle has begun, there can be no turning back" - Gowron, apocalypse rising ((and a variant quote by worf in wotw season 4 )) )
    Enterprise really appealed to me as it was set when we first went out there. The exploration and discoveries were so enthusiastic. I really dug the characters as well. I thought the way T'Pol evolved throughout the show was brilliant. As for The Vulcan Hello, yeah I'm not so sold on that either, but that's how they wrote the show so that may be where they go. Not too keen on the idea of a microscopic creature suddenly giant sized while spores somehow travel space instantly but overall I am enjoying the show and find it very entertaining. I've watched each episode at least three times so far. It's got me on board for sure.
  • Data1001 wrote: »
    I read somewhere that Discovery is apparently planning at least one episode with a mirror universe

After watching the fourth episode - I'm beginning to think that perhaps the whole series is set in the Mirror Universe!

• Data1001 wrote: »
    I read somewhere that Discovery is apparently planning at least one episode with a mirror universe

After watching the fourth episode - I'm beginning to think that perhaps the whole series is set in the Mirror Universe!

Just read that there will be more than one mirror episode coming this season. Definitely taking this series in an interesting direction early. Makes me wonder if Lorca will last. Maybe George R R R R Martin is ghostwriting.

Btw for the people dying to have Harry Mudd they might finally grant that wish. Hes in the next episode.
    Data1001 wrote: »

That's a good observation. I have been thinking how Lorca is really not the captain Starfleet wants representing them. Seems straight up evil actually and that I found very strange but I never thought mirror. Great call.

• Sure, every Captain of Starfleet is a Holy Angel ... come down to some realism people.
    Human Mankind will NOT change that much, not even in 1000 Years.

What I see so far: Lorca is willing to win the War, by any means necessary.
    Might be sad, but sometims you really need this kind of People.
    Live long and prosper.
    Not a Native English speaker - be lenient toward me
  • If Starfleet had more of the Brett Anderson style of leaders I am sure they win the war. Oh wait he's the guy who took "the truce" and got killed when his ship was completely destroyed by T'Kuvma.

I am not annoyed by the I am a person of science speeches but I get irritated when people think the Klingon Empire will just leave them alone now. It won't until it gets forcibly stopped which won't happen if the Federation just talks nicely to them. Dying peacefully in bed is the worst kind of fate for a Klingon while dying in a battle is what they live for.
  • I found many of the suggested variations for Philippa Georgiou quite humorous. Some additional (and also purely humorous) variations of Georgiou that were neglected to be mentioned include: Bartender Georgiou, 1701 Georgiou, Section 31(or Agent) Georgiou, Changeling Georgiou, Mintakan Georgiou, RAF Georgiou, Dabo Girl Georgiou, Formal Dress Georgiou, Command Hologram Georgiou, Command Wrap Georgiou...this list could go on, but I'll stop here.
  • Niners Georgiou, Ambassador Georgiou, Disguised Georgiou, Klingon War Georgiou, and finally Trader Georgiou to go along with Traitor Burnham (or Rogue Burnham)
  • cannabinationcannabination ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    I think Lorca is a precursor to Section 31. If this were the Alternate Universe they would all have Terran Badges, while Section 31 reflects the black badges. I'm getting through this by remembering all the quotes about captains who went too far and wound up disgraced and hidden in history. Lorca has to be one such. Personally I would much rather have had the show with the Shenzhou cast.
    Maybe the irony is that we play because we’re Star Trek fans, those hopeful idealists that like to think things will get better when we raise valid concerns about fairness and balance, etc and we forget that DB’s greed openly mocks the values espoused by the franchise they have a license for.
    -Lord Wizzlestix I
  • edited October 2017
    I think Lorca is a precursor to Section 31. If this were the Alternate Universe they would all have Terran Badges, while Section 31 reflects the black badges. I'm getting through this by remembering all the quotes about captains who went too far and wound up disgraced and hidden in history. Lorca has to be one such. Personally I would much rather have had the show with the Shenzhou cast.

Technically, Section 31 started much earlier. Reed was recruited during ENT. But yeah, makes sense that Lorca could be S31. I thought the black badge comment was ominous foreshadowing.

Discovery crew is basically Shenzhou crew. Saru, Keyla...it felt like lazy writing having half the crew transfer over. Thought that was kinda odd.
  • I think Lorca is a precursor to Section 31. If this were the Alternate Universe they would all have Terran Badges, while Section 31 reflects the black badges. I'm getting through this by remembering all the quotes about captains who went too far and wound up disgraced and hidden in history. Lorca has to be one such. Personally I would much rather have had the show with the Shenzhou cast.

Technically, Section 31 started much earlier. Reed was recruited during ENT. But yeah, makes sense that Lorca could be S31. I thought the black badge comment was ominous foreshadowing.

Discovery crew is basically Shenzhou crew. Saru, Keyla...it felt like lazy writing having half the crew transfer over. Thought that was kinda odd.

The crew who were there when the war started makes sense to me being recruited to work on that specific ship. They all have first hand experience with seeing what losing comrades is like.