Home The Bridge

Philippa Georgiou's Future *Spoiler Alert*

2»

Comments

• PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Augment Georgiou
    I think Lorca is a precursor to Section 31. If this were the Alternate Universe they would all have Terran Badges, while Section 31 reflects the black badges. I'm getting through this by remembering all the quotes about captains who went too far and wound up disgraced and hidden in history. Lorca has to be one such. Personally I would much rather have had the show with the Shenzhou cast.

Technically, Section 31 started much earlier. Reed was recruited during ENT. But yeah, makes sense that Lorca could be S31. I thought the black badge comment was ominous foreshadowing.

Discovery crew is basically Shenzhou crew. Saru, Keyla...it felt like lazy writing having half the crew transfer over. Thought that was kinda odd.

Something bothers me about that with ENT. If the Federation wasn't founded yet, how could they be created by the Section 31 of the Federation Charter?

• Pallidyne wrote: »
    Augment Georgiou
    I think Lorca is a precursor to Section 31. If this were the Alternate Universe they would all have Terran Badges, while Section 31 reflects the black badges. I'm getting through this by remembering all the quotes about captains who went too far and wound up disgraced and hidden in history. Lorca has to be one such. Personally I would much rather have had the show with the Shenzhou cast.

Technically, Section 31 started much earlier. Reed was recruited during ENT. But yeah, makes sense that Lorca could be S31. I thought the black badge comment was ominous foreshadowing.

Discovery crew is basically Shenzhou crew. Saru, Keyla...it felt like lazy writing having half the crew transfer over. Thought that was kinda odd.

Something bothers me about that with ENT. If the Federation wasn't founded yet, how could they be created by the Section 31 of the Federation Charter?

It was Section 31 of the Earth Starfleet charter, not Federation charter.

http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Section_31

The organization's title came from the original Starfleet Charter, Article 14, Section 31, which allowed for extraordinary measures to be taken in times of extreme threat. (ENT: "Divergence")