Home The Bridge
Options

LEAP YEAR DILITH OFFER - YAY OR NAY.

Will you be buying this that most people would regularly jump on, or given the knowledge of the state of the game, hold off on purchasing it?
25brue472e2r.jpg

LEAP YEAR DILITH OFFER - YAY OR NAY. 58 votes

Yes
32%
ADM Fletcher [ET]Warrior WilloCommander Sinclair[KM] WOLF 359ShadowconmasterSoupKitchen RikerIshmael MarxCaptain P (ESB)ImoklesAvatruneiSulu's Husband{PTC} Kenny[CH] 76 suitedChris [VSA]timelines_qCapt Supra326JC022guest_1295499339598274Admiral Freddie Mercury 19 votes
No
44%
Zombie Squirrel Travis S McClain[TLA]  84wb~peregrine~(HGH)ApollocmdrworfTP do better!! ~Colli~ (PoF)Gib - Admiral MarinersWebberonitytlalSelene 7Dirk GundersonNavarch Admiral HessCaptain SMRJoeSage 2Bejeesus [Knights of the Saucer Section]Captain CalvinCaptain IdolDAE 26 votes
Thinking about it
22%
WaldoMag[CFOH] Khaaaaaaannnnnn!!!!Frank?DScottHewittMirror CartmanSukonit[10F] SmockTeleHeliKim_Novak.IIMyimaginary Smiley WirelessLivingDeadCaptainMiniboomboxMusino 13 votes

Comments

• Options
    Yes
    I need about 9k of it(+what I have)to finish maxing crew slots during the sale starting tomorrow.
  • Options
    Selene 7Selene 7 ✭✭✭✭
    No
    I second the sentiments that the future of the game is too uncertain right now. In addition, I don't have any confidence that there are going to be any significant news or additions to the game, which to me has become quite stale. The events are too grindy and most of the time I just don't care about the rewards enough to even finish threshold. 130K and out is quite relaxing though, and like others I've pretty much given up on the gauntlet too. Both has helped in the sense that I'm still around at least, but yes, I realize I'm not bringing in much revenue to WRG atm...
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thinking about it
    I am thinking about it on my 3rd account and then waiting for a crew slot sale (which I understand is coming) and adding 100 crew slots. The problem I have, I do not see anything else I want to spend dil. on . In the past when I was spending money on all my accounts, I would spend dil. on the discounted Mega recap packs. So in agreement with @Bylo Band on his point number two.

• Options
    AsmodanAsmodan ✭✭✭
    No
    nso7glueaqql.jpg

i have some other things i'd rather spend the 25 dollars on.

and gas money, of course.
    pro deo et denny crane
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thinking about it
    The last time they did this was synchronised with a slot sale, I already had a similar amount of dil from a couple of months before, and bought 150 slots. I still have at least 100 spare slots as I only unfreeze my frozen crew on need.

Thinking about it, because I would like to have all super rare crew unfrozen.
  • Options
    AvatruneiAvatrunei ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Bought this Himalayan dilithium mountain some time ago, have bought it yesterday again. Had piled some dilithium before for a crew slot sale, but couldn't resist. First burnt it down to 15k for ship schematics, and after the crew slot sale was on the horizon further down to 7.5k.
  • Options
    Thinking about it
    I decided to buy - but - in place of my usual ultimate campaign track. Though was seriously considering not buying campaign this month so I suppose it's sort of a win for them.
  • Options
    DAEDAE ✭✭✭
    No
    Its a great deal for anyone who is spending currently.
    Myself, I have never and will never purchase from the store. We, myself and others in game, had already established trustworthy online purchasing systems. Having to sign up again, enter financial info again, somewhere else is not something everyone wants to do.
    Great deal or not….many wont purchase this offer because it is not available through all modes of purchase.
  • Options
    Sulu's HusbandSulu's Husband ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    DAE wrote: »
    Its a great deal for anyone who is spending currently.
    Myself, I have never and will never purchase from the store. We, myself and others in game, had already established trustworthy online purchasing systems. Having to sign up again, enter financial info again, somewhere else is not something everyone wants to do.
    Great deal or not….many wont purchase this offer because it is not available through all modes of purchase.

I would expect a similar in game offer for slightly less dilithium between now and April 10
  • Options
    AvatruneiAvatrunei ✭✭✭
    Yes
    DAE wrote: »
    Having to sign up again, enter financial info again, somewhere else is not something everyone wants to do.
    You don't need to sign up, it's completely free of any account. You only need your DBID, which can easily be copied inside the game using the existing copy button. The DBID functions as a sort of login.

And I always manually enter my PayPal credentials, because I ain't daf and save any data of any of my financial accounts on any device. Hence there isn't any difference for me.

The only thing making a difference for me are the rewarded Google Play points, which can be cashed for cash, so it must be a really good deal to abstain from Google Play's points.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I understand that the company benefits from their own store. However, even if I spent anymore, I only use the Google play gift cards. That keeps me from rash purchases. That would keep me from their store.
  • Options
    Sulu's HusbandSulu's Husband ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    If anyone subscribes to Slickdeals, put in an alert for “itunes” and occasionally there is a company called Eneba that offer iTunes cards for 15-20% off. Not sure if they do Google Store cards. Also, when using PayPal, you can put in a city’s zip code of a state that has no sales tax.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thinking about it
    Considering it. More likely if the Recap Pack for the new Mega is the correct price.
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Options
    Kim_Novak.IIKim_Novak.II ✭✭✭✭
    Thinking about it
    I normally buy them - did the last time so still have a healthy amount. Heck, I still haven't bought the monthly dilith offer since it ran out, nor did I bother with last month's campaign

The future is too uncertain at the moment for me to jump on it. It's a great offer.
    If they want my money, bring back the 5* LTO I miss those & were always beneficial.

Why exactly did they stop them? Any official word?
  • Options
    Thinking about it
    I normally buy them - did the last time so still have a healthy amount. Heck, I still haven't bought the monthly dilith offer since it ran out, nor did I bother with last month's campaign

The future is too uncertain at the moment for me to jump on it. It's a great offer.
    If they want my money, bring back the 5* LTO I miss those & were always beneficial.

Why exactly did they stop them? Any official word?

I think someone said Ben said something about it, but cannot remember what he specifically said was the reason. Some time during the Mega might be a good time to offer the Borg Queen. Newer players might find her useful for the Mega, and she was 65% in one of the Gauntlets I had last week. Or she was 45% and Locutus was 65%. I forget. Memory was bad before the new medical condition.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2023
    Thinking about it
    I decided to buy it on my 3rd account. Am hoping the announcement for recap mega packs after will be at the 390 price. I also will leave dil. for megapacks. If price is higher will wait for future sale to buy more crew slots. I did the math wrong above, but on this account I still bought more tha 100 Crew slots.

On my other 2 accounts no money spent on them since I decided not to spend money beginning of last year( I think it was)

On my 3rd account decided to spend November of last year when they did quantum mini event. Only way my 3rd account could complete it was with acquiring Chron.. And, at that time they had that 4500 Chron. , 4500 dil. and 20(22 at store) x10 premium packs for 24.99 offer.

I ended up buying 190 slots. Because of the dil. I also had left from those offers.
    Edit: as @Mirror Cartman above, the goal is to get all my superare unfrozen on this account, to stop the merit drain from FBB. (Though I am assuming I will get past brutal, but I now have 12 valor in past rewards to help so hopefully next week during mini event 🤞)
  • Options
    AvatruneiAvatrunei ✭✭✭
    Yes
    WaldoMag wrote: »
    @Mirror Cartman above, the goal is to get all my superare unfrozen on this account, to stop the merit drain from FBB.
    This is only a dream for me. I have so many 5* and 4*, if I had unfrozen all my 4*, I'd have only one open slot left, hence the weakest 4* must remain frozen. But it's okay, I guess...
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thinking about it
    Avatrunei wrote: »
    WaldoMag wrote: »
    @Mirror Cartman above, the goal is to get all my superare unfrozen on this account, to stop the merit drain from FBB.
    This is only a dream for me. I have so many 5* and 4*, if I had unfrozen all my 4*, I'd have only one open slot left, hence the weakest 4* must remain frozen. But it's okay, I guess...

Well I am not there yet on my 3rd account 685 slots. My others are at 500. And when I do get close, I too will probably have too many 5* to do it. Right now 182 will still be frozen.
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Full disclosure - voted yes because I've convinced myself that the game will continue forward, and given that assumption, this offer is great and thus I'm supporting the positive poll choice. I did not actually buy it because I'd already bought my one pricey offer for the month before this went live (can't live beyond one's budget), and because I don't use the webstore for any purchases (for reasons).
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    If I still played regularly, I would think about it.
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    No
    I refuse to use the web store
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2023
    No
    I would probably buy it in game but not in the webstore. I prefer using prepaid Apple Cards for my game purchases.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Thinking about it
    10,000 left after pulling Event Packs until I got two Darlenes and added 20 Crew Slots.
  • Options
    Kim_Novak.IIKim_Novak.II ✭✭✭✭
    Thinking about it
    If I still played regularly, I would think about it.

Miss ya!
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2023
    No
    After the recent buggy client release + that completing all new 10 Boss Levels will take 18 months, if u do 1 UN a day, thx to redicilious high magnasite costs,
    i won t spend a single dime on this game anymore.
    My retirement is hopefully soon and another Day1 player and spender
    will be gone.

Just sick of this ongoing ********.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•