Home The Bridge
Options

Mega Event Discussion - Announcing our next Mega Event: Temporal Dissonance

Comments

• Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2023
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options

Good catch. It has already been edited. Thanks
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2023
    MegaEvents typically have a recurring trait bonus. This is likely Enterprise crew, though it could also be temporal agent (and it could always be both). Could you provide clarification on what other crew will provide a bonus for these events?
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1495 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    EnderW wrote: »
    MegaEvents typically have a recurring trait bonus. This is likely Enterprise crew, though it could also be temporal agent (and it could always be both). Could you provide clarification on what other crew will provide a bonus for these events?

Both traits provide a bonus in all events, while the other bonus traits vary depending on the specific event. The exact crew list includes: Reed, Daniels, Phlox, Sphere Builder, Grat, Sarin, K'Vagh, Damron.
  • Options
    Can you clarify? Is it crew from "Enterprise" (my thoughts) or those that served on the ship (Which doesn't seem right for this, but we've had before)?
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    Love the crew choice for the mega (though I'll keep banging the drum for more Shran and Tucker). What a neat collection of major and minor players from the show. The art that has shown up on bigbook for Phlox and Archer are top notch too. Grat is such a great "leap" reference that I never thought would make the game and we finally get another a Suliban! Also more Xindi! And Daniels! Lots of the blue uniform in this batch.

Great stuff.
  • Options
    Can you clarify? Is it crew from "Enterprise" (my thoughts) or those that served on the ship (Which doesn't seem right for this, but we've had before)?

Let me check
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭

Both traits provide a bonus in all events, while the other bonus traits vary depending on the specific event.

What? **shakes head** So, what you're trying to say is, ALL Enterprise crew and ALL Temporal Agents provide a bonus during the Mega?

The reason I'm looking for clarification here is that, 1) it's not covered in your announcement, and 2) there have been Megas in the past where only main crew provide a bonus (thinking the TOS Mega from 2019), rather than all cards from that series. There are a lot of Enterprise cards and the developers could decide to narrow the bonus pool.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1495 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options

Both traits provide a bonus in all events, while the other bonus traits vary depending on the specific event.

What? **shakes head** So, what you're trying to say is, ALL Enterprise crew and ALL Temporal Agents provide a bonus during the Mega?

The reason I'm looking for clarification here is that, 1) it's not covered in your announcement, and 2) there have been Megas in the past where only main crew provide a bonus (thinking the TOS Mega from 2019), rather than all cards from that series. There are a lot of Enterprise cards and the developers could decide to narrow the bonus pool.

We typically don't announce all the bonus traits in our mega event announcements. Instead, we provide that information in the event post. As for the traits, all temporal agents provide a bonus, and I'm currently checking which specific Enterprise crew members offer a bonus, as other players have asked
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

We typically don't announce all the bonus traits in our mega event announcements. Instead, we provide that information in the event post. As for the traits, all temporal agents provide a bonus, and I'm currently checking which specific Enterprise crew members offer a bonus, as other players have asked

To clarify, mega events have a trait bonus for the entire mega. Those have previously been announced in advance. There then are event specific bonuses which are announced with the event. For examples

https://forum.wickedrealmgames.com/stt/discussion/20060/announcing-our-refracted-mega-event#latest
    As this is a Trill centric event, Trill crew will provide an event bonus, and during this adventure you will encounter the following new crew: Joran Sisko, Torias Bashir , Verad Dax, Audrid Quark, Emony Leeta, Lela Kira, Symbiote Pool Jadzia, Tobin O'Brien, Returning Ezri Dax.

https://forum.wickedrealmgames.com/stt/discussion/19883/announcing-our-uniquely-challenging-times-mega-event#latest
    As this is a Star Trek: Discovery centric event, crew from the series will provide an event bonus, and during this adventure you will encounter the following new crew: President T’Rina, Burnham at the Jump, Lt. Commander Bryce, Away Team Adira, Lt. Commander Detmer, Commander Pollard, J’Vini, and Captain Diatta Ndoye.

https://forum.wickedrealmgames.com/stt/discussion/19555/announcing-our-august-mega-event-lower-decks-edition#latest
    For the duration of this mega-event crew with the ‘crafty’ trait will provide an event bonus for all four events, the schedule will be as follows:
  • Options
    Salamander ParisSalamander Paris ✭✭✭✭
    Oh dear god, we're getting Dean Stockwell and James Avery in the same mega. I am going to go nuts on this! :D
  • Options
    General MortarsGeneral Mortars ✭✭✭✭
    Event crew is EV Suit Tucker, but the announcement says any versions of Reed will provide bonus.
  • Options
    Event crew is EV Suit Tucker, but the announcement says any versions of Reed will provide bonus.

Twilight Reed is the 5*. They forgot to mention Trip, but he's Enterprise and will have bonus anyway.
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    Historic?

qv3sd9v7i4re.jpg
  • Options
    ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    Historic?

qv3sd9v7i4re.jpg

It'll be historic once we get to the 31st century. Tilly probably teaches a class on it at the academy.
  • Options
    Kim_Novak.IIKim_Novak.II ✭✭✭✭
    Now that we are getting Grat finally, can we please get a merge card for a Sam & Al or at the very least Sam Beckett?
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    @STT Community The announcement says
    Mega Pack
    New Mega-Pack Purchasable From Mega-Event: Temporal Agent Mixed Behold.

Is that a mixed behold of all temporal agents, or a mixed behold of all event crew in the mega?

Is this taking the place of the regular mega event recap pack, or will that pack still be available at the end of the mega?

Thanks.
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    I imagine the post mega packs will still be there

This is just gonna be like the mixed beholds of existing crew
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    AviTrek wrote: »
    Mega Pack

Is that a mixed behold of all temporal agents, or a mixed behold of all event crew in the mega?

Is this taking the place of the regular mega event recap pack, or will that pack still be available at the end of the mega?

Thanks.

This pack will contain all the new crew from the entire mega event. It's the regular mega event recap pack and will be available until 6/7.

EDIT: Until 7/6

• Options
    edited June 2023
    Edit
  • Options

There are sixteen Temporal Agents; Five are also from Enterprise.
    There are only 134 "Enterprise" crew, counting the very newest ones. A and T are the only letters with more that twenty crew- 22 and 29, owing to 18 of Archer for A and 14 of T'Pol and 8 of Trip for T. Only four other letters have over ten- M, P, R, and S. If you mentally said Mayweather (7), Phlox (10), Reed (8), and Sato (5) and Shran (4), you would be right. I would guess that the main cast alone could beat that on any other series.
    Think about all the variants of some reoccurring characters we have from other series. Shran and now Daniels are the only reoccurring with more than one copy. One Soval, one Forrest, one Cutler, etc. We are missing a ton yet- Hayes and many of the MACOs, T'Les, Gardner (A prime version would be an interesting original), Koss, Valdore, V'Las, Gral,..
    Many traits would top this number, so it's pretty good.
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    Mega Pack

Thanks.

This pack will contain all the new crew from the entire mega event. It's the regular mega event recap pack and will be available until 6/7.

The Facebook announcement says it is coming at the end of the Mega. Which is right?
    Edit After rereading this, is the date supposed to be 7/7? Is it until the seventh of July and not June?
    7hu8xdk6i9x3.png
  • Options
    Mega Pack

Thanks.

The pack will be available from 6/6 to 7/6 and they're actually two packs, temporal agent mixed behold and enterprise mixed behold.
  • Options

Answering both @EnderW and @W.W. Carlisle , if the crew members appeared on the Enterprise show, they will receive a bonus. We will be releasing the new Enterprise Collection next Tuesday, which will make it easier for you to track who is from the Enterprise.
  • Options
    Yay, on all fronts!! "Enterprise" collection (hoping for an NX patch avatar in there somewhere) and a little proper Ent love!
    Can someone check the ent tag on Datacore? I saw a handful of non-ENT shopping up in just the first couple pages, like La Sirena Borg Queen, AGIMUS, etc.
  • Options
    weakinteractionweakinteraction ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Can someone check the ent tag on Datacore? I saw a handful of non-ENT shopping up in just the first couple pages, like La Sirena Borg Queen, AGIMUS, etc.

As far as I can tell, that's a limitation of the trait search on Datacore rather than them being mistagged in game. They show up because they have traits which contain the substring "ent" (in those two specific cases, "Temporal Agent" and "Sentient Computer").

If anyone knows a clever way to avoid this in the search on Datacore, please do say.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

As far as I can tell, that's a limitation of the trait search on Datacore rather than them being mistagged in game. They show up because they have traits which contain the substring "ent" (in those two specific cases, "Temporal Agent" and "Sentient Computer").

If anyone knows a clever way to avoid this in the search on Datacore, please do say.

There is an exact match and whole word only option in datacore. Use that instead of "match any text".
  • Options
    weakinteractionweakinteraction ✭✭✭✭

There is an exact match and whole word only option in datacore. Use that instead of "match any text".

Ah, thanks. Ideally they could change the links that generate for the tags on the individual character pages so that they use that option.
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh boy. The series collections are oh so fun to clean up for the checklists. We'll see how close I've got the DNA checklist when this goes live.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    My list, including those from added from the Mega so far, is at 137 in the Vault. I'm about to see how many I have to go. I know I have 14 I'm missing, counting the four from the Mega already.
    It isn't pretty, but it works. 48 to go, including the four new ones and 10 others I'm missing.