Home The Bridge
Options

Extra Khan

When will we get the extra Khan for top 3k finish

Comments

• Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2023
    Very good question. I was thinking with the server update today or when the pack goes hot tomorrow.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    Hey, we don't have an official date yet, but we're estimating it might happen on Thursday. I'll keep you posted once I receive confirmation.
  • Options
    Webberoni wrote: »
    Hey, we don't have an official date yet, but we're estimating it might happen on Thursday. I'll keep you posted once I receive confirmation.

It should happen ahead of the event he's being featured in, otherwise the value is severely diminished and feels like a bit of a slap in the face.

AGREED - pretty please may we have KHAAAAAANNNN?
    (someone had to do that)
  • Options
    Team is aware of that and they're working to have it as soon as possible. Thanks! :)
  • Options
    Perhaps

r60vbirx2wmy.jpeg

It should be on Tuesday for those players between position 1501 and 3000 in order to let them level the crew easily before the event it not what is the advange?

Those people, my case, invested resources to rank up, in my case to 1800+ position.
  • Options
    Kim_Novak.IIKim_Novak.II ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2023
    Perhaps

r60vbirx2wmy.jpeg

It should be on Tuesday for those players between position 1501 and 3000 in order to let them level the crew easily before the event it not what is the advange?

Those people, my case, invested resources to rank up, in my case to 1800+ position.

The event starts Thursday so still plenty of time to level up? 🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    Perhaps

r60vbirx2wmy.jpeg

Nope if I get it on thursday
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps

r60vbirx2wmy.jpeg

Or later. Since it sounds like they are unsure if it will be Thursday......

Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    SkettiSketti ✭✭✭
    Perhaps

r60vbirx2wmy.jpeg

If you were so desperate to get Khan levelled up for the next event, maybe you should have aimed for the top 1500. Just like everyone have to every week!
  • Options
    Seven ConstanzaSeven Constanza ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2023
    If this helps .. datacore lists the recipe tree for the items needed to level up Ceti Alpha V Khan. It doesn’t show it level by level like the wiki does - you need to use the drop down for that (it hasn’t been updated with this card) but it gives an idea of what to farm for.
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Sketti wrote: »
    Perhaps

r60vbirx2wmy.jpeg

If you were so desperate to get Khan levelled up for the next event, maybe you should have aimed for the top 1500. Just like everyone have to every week!

Or maybe they have their funnelcaking game NOT have "issues" for one funnelcaking Event. I was top 300 before the game messed up. Ended up below 1500. Went from two copies of Khan to the one "compensation" copy.....

Some people just gotta act like the company can do no wrong, no matter how many times they can't do something right.

Remember, this time they messed up not one but two things at once......
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    SkettiSketti ✭✭✭
    Perhaps

r60vbirx2wmy.jpeg

Or maybe they have their funnelcaking game NOT have "issues" for one funnelcaking Event. I was top 300 before the game messed up. Ended up below 1500. Went from two copies of Khan to the one "compensation" copy.....

Some people just gotta act like the company can do no wrong, no matter how many times they can't do something right.

The game was having issues for about 14 hours during the event, so was running smoothly for 58 hours.

14 hours would not make that much of a difference, not when everyone else had the same issues. You just stopped trying after you saw the compensation notice! That's your problem, not the games!

Entitled?
  • Options
    Perhaps

r60vbirx2wmy.jpeg

The game was having issues for about 14 hours during the event, so was running smoothly for 58 hours.

14 hours would not make that much of a difference, not when everyone else had the same issues. You just stopped trying after you saw the compensation notice! That's your problem, not the games!

Entitled?

Have a nice day.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2023
    Perhaps

r60vbirx2wmy.jpeg

Entitled?

14 hours could be the whole day for some people in the world. And almost no problem for others. I would agree if it was 24 hours.

Edit: The problem was minor I believe for a longer period of time.
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    WaldoMag wrote: »
    Perhaps

r60vbirx2wmy.jpeg

Entitled?

14 hours could be the whole day for some people in the world. And almost no problem for others. I would agree if it was 24 hours.

I had a pretty half-assed Saturday evening, missing a bunch of opportunities and didn’t run a single time reducer.

On the other hand at any given time during a faction event I have a bunch of shuttles sitting empty because I’ll preferably run 3 seaters and select 4 seaters over other shuttles. I eventually managed to plop out 15 9hr shuttles before going to bed on Saturday.

Honestly I’m more cheesed about all the ENG seats. The only PIC crew with an ENG primary is Augment Riker(!). There were also no MED seats that I can remember.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    Perhaps

r60vbirx2wmy.jpeg

I did! I ended a little bit above the 600th position with my main profile but didn't have enought resurces + crew on the second one, still I invested all the available resources on my secondary and I got from 3400+ position to 1800+ in about a day. If you think that is not worth receiving the Khan with anticipation on the event, then it's your position, I am trying to make WRG understand that I still deserve it early enough to level it...
  • Options
    Perhaps

r60vbirx2wmy.jpeg

Entitled?

On the contrary, I was settling with top 2.5k position on my secondary account, I needed 3 copies Odos instances to immortalize him, I wanted the top 3k position way before the problems and the announcement, I simply went for a little more after knowing there would be an extra copy, on the second hand having the 3rd instance for my main profile would also be great before the event starts...
  • Options
    SkettiSketti ✭✭✭
    Some of my comments my have gone too far, but,...

I do not deny there were issues. I do not defend WRG for those issues. Once fixed, they sent out a generous compensation package. Then they went further, offering a free copy of Khan to anyone finishing in the top 3000.

They did not put a time limit on when the free copy would be sent out. Next day, next week, next month or next year. Free is free.

Having a copy of Khan for the next event is an advantage. Some players earned it (top 1500), some players will pay for it when the packs go live. To be honest, they should not send out the free copy until after the next event ends!
  • Options
    Perhaps

r60vbirx2wmy.jpeg

Maybe they did but got screwed over by the delay!

I knew it was gonna be a hectic event so decided just 750 instead of aiming for usual 100
    I then had to go prepare in advance even more cos I had a change of plans & had to do stuff on Monday so the extra time I was gonna put in to try to ensure my spot got snuffed

I don't really care about the shuttles, although thankful. What about all the 4/5* time boosters wasted during that time?
  • Options
    Perhaps

r60vbirx2wmy.jpeg

My point being there us still plenty time before the event starts. Why particularly did it have to be Tursday & not (hopefully) Wednesday?
  • Options
    WaldoMag wrote: »
    Perhaps

r60vbirx2wmy.jpeg

Entitled?

Yeah, you forget that the Game starts at 1700 GMT so for a lot of people that means a dat least a good chunk missed thanks to workdays
  • Options

I do not deny there were issues. I do not defend WRG for those issues. Once fixed, they sent out a generous compensation package. Then they went further, offering a free copy of Khan to anyone finishing in the top 3000.

They did not put a time limit on when the free copy would be sent out. Next day, next week, next month or next year. Free is free.

Having a copy of Khan for the next event is an advantage. Some players earned it (top 1500), some players will pay for it when the packs go live. To be honest, they should not send out the free copy until after the next event ends!

steve-harvey-speechless.gif

• Options
    Perhaps

r60vbirx2wmy.jpeg

My point being there us still plenty time before the event starts. Why particularly did it have to be Tursday & not (hopefully) Wednesday?

The "It MIGHT happen Thursday" is what upset people. Them being unsure if it even will happen the day the Event starts is kinda a serious concern for those who might actually be able to push in a Galaxy. I'm not going to, but some probably are.
  • Options
    Event wise, it doesn't bother me as I'm only going crew tier this event, but hope it's sooner rather than later for everyone of course
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    If WRG doesn’t know when they’ll get our copies of Khan out, then I don’t know when I’ll be logging into the game again.

My original plan was to turn in my usual top-4500 performance in Faction events and hunt for Khan in event packs - it was our 20-year high school reunion this past weekend and I didn’t really have time to ensure a top-1500 finish. When they announced that the top 3000 would earn a copy, however, I decided to kick in the turbos and make a run, which was successful. But here we are with the entirety of WRG incapable of getting a list of DBIDs that placed in the top 3000, putting all those accounts on a mass message, and including a single attachment with the message. An intern on their first day shouldn’t take more than 2 hours to pull off that task, but we’re coming up on 30 hours with no light at the end of the tunnel.

I haven’t been able to afford to spend a dime on the game in a while, so instead I’ll have to take away my engagement. Although I have skipped events due to lack of time or interest and have neglected to complete dailies a few times due to getting swamped and forgetting to log in a second time, I think I’ve only completely missed logging in for an entire day once since the second day the game went live (when I started). I found time (and cell signal) to log in while camping in the middle of the woods a few years ago. I think I even logged in on the day of my mom’s funeral. STT has been a small but important part of daily life for years.

To miss time is definitely an odd thing for me, but WRG seems to have been making more mistakes and cutting more corners recently than perhaps ever before, and I feel I have to take a stand on that somewhere…what better place than here and now? I do feel conflicted based on the impact that will have on the fleet, but this windmill is worth tilting at. And if anyone reading this is rushing to defend the windmill, well, that’s certainly a choice.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bylo Band wrote: »
    I am glad people feel comfortable sharing their individual stories from this event but when determining appropriate reactions from both the developers and the players it is best if we stick to the timeline (pun intended) of events and the facts as best as possible.

Ceti Alpha V Khan was announced, his traits/skills/stats were shared and rightly so the community was very enthusiastic. An absolutely iconic character in Trek lore, exceptional artwork, very strong voyage numbers, interesting ship ability, in four useful collections, and a robust assortment of useful traits. Anticipation for his event was high, people were genuinely excited to chase this card.

The event starts and as expected it was competitive, it was requiring resources and effort to hang near the various reward tiers.

Then the technical issue occurred over the weekend. I will confess to being largely ignorant of what it was as I've been working a lot of overtime lately and combined with standard summer day sleeping insomnia I just sort of glossed over that since the cause was low on my priority list of things to care about but once WRG was aware of the issue by all accounts they stepped up, addressed the issue, and worked to fix it on a weekend. They then proactively made the positive move to announce an unprecedented decision in offering an additional copy of Ceti Alpha V Khan to everyone in the top 3,000, which seems to be pretty universally heralded as a great thing.

Regardless of what happened on an individual basis for specific players after that point, this was the decision that was made, and once we were able to log back in we all read it and altered our plans/strategies for the rest of the event and beyond.

My only concerns here are optics and engagement, I will address optics first. They made a great decision on the weekend and many of us changed our plans assuming this was a sign of good faith or a new leaf being turned over, but then every hour after the event ended without the announcement being honored created doubt that anything has truly changed, that any lessons have been learned. The goodwill they created is slowly and needlessly being converted into negative energy. Is this extra copy being withheld intentionally in an effort to increase event pack sales? I don't know, but based on past decisions I would not blame anybody for asking it. This was a GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY for WRG to change the narrative, cash in the goodwill, but here we are again expressing familiar doubts so soon after feeling so hopeful.

As to engagement, one reason people were excited to acquire Khan was to compete in the next event. What is a game like this without player engagement? Yes the wording on the announcement left open the possibility Khan might not arrive on Monday but I would be willing to bet most people assumed it would happen before the next event, and yet here we are arguing amongst ourselves over it, driving forum and game engagement down because the next event is right around the corner and we still have no clue when the Khans will arrive, so how can people make plans for the next event?
    If WRG doesn’t know when they’ll get our copies of Khan out, then I don’t know when I’ll be logging into the game again.

My original plan was to turn in my usual top-4500 performance in Faction events and hunt for Khan in event packs - it was our 20-year high school reunion this past weekend and I didn’t really have time to ensure a top-1500 finish. When they announced that the top 3000 would earn a copy, however, I decided to kick in the turbos and make a run, which was successful. But here we are with the entirety of WRG incapable of getting a list of DBIDs that placed in the top 3000, putting all those accounts on a mass message, and including a single attachment with the message. An intern on their first day shouldn’t take more than 2 hours to pull off that task, but we’re coming up on 30 hours with no light at the end of the tunnel.

I haven’t been able to afford to spend a dime on the game in a while, so instead I’ll have to take away my engagement. Although I have skipped events due to lack of time or interest and have neglected to complete dailies a few times due to getting swamped and forgetting to log in a second time, I think I’ve only completely missed logging in for an entire day once since the second day the game went live (when I started). I found time (and cell signal) to log in while camping in the middle of the woods a few years ago. I think I even logged in on the day of my mom’s funeral. STT has been a small but important part of daily life for years.

To miss time is definitely an odd thing for me, but WRG seems to have been making more mistakes and cutting more corners recently than perhaps ever before, and I feel I have to take a stand on that somewhere…what better place than here and now? I do feel conflicted based on the impact that will have on the fleet, but this windmill is worth tilting at. And if anyone reading this is rushing to defend the windmill, well, that’s certainly a choice.

I know you are a HUGE T.O.S. fan and were more excited for this card than you have for any card in a long time. Don't worry about the fleet, we are proud you are taking a principled stand in direct response to something where you have been legitimately harmed and if it costs us a few days of Honor/chronitons/etc to show our support for you, so be it.

Thanks, brother. And you are dead right on the optics - when I saw the message with the sorrylithium and other items I was quite pleasantly surprised. Conventional wisdom would be that we’d get a couple shuttle tokens, gold reward doublers, and gold time reducers for every three hours the event was broken. To get what we got, on a weekend, with the promise of sorrycrew as well? That was impressive.

And now we’re here.
  • Options

If you want to promote P2W, that is the way! If you want to benefit some part of the players in particular, that is the way! If you want to be fair with everybody that invested resources to achieve the top 1.5k but didn't get there, then you are forgetting about them... yeah, it's only 1500 nat-that-good players.