Home The Bridge
Options

Gauntlet Beholds Are Live!

AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
I just had this appear on a three streak. I don't know if it's always current crew +2, or that's just what I got from RNG.
rmbtsgifmygw.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2023
    Congrats, who did you choose?

Mariner is not the current exclusive.

If I understood it correctly:

The new behold may, or may not, contain the new exclusive, but the chance it does is greater than 50%.

New Gauntlet guy, I want but will not be too disappointed.

Edit: should have been not the current exclusive.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like from the announcement Mariner is no longer featured crew. So that's just three old crew.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats, who did you choose?

Mariner is the the current exclusive.

If I understood it correctly:

The new behold may, or may not, contain the new exclusive, but the chance it does is greater than 50%.

New Gauntlet guy, I want but will not be too disappointed.

I've been working on a dupe of locutus. It doesn't show on the display, but I have a second copy at 3/5. So I took him.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    I just had this appear on a three streak. I don't know if it's always current crew +2, or that's just what I got from RNG.
    rmbtsgifmygw.jpg

Ransom from the episode where he became a god is the new Gauntlet Crew.

35w53trbmrto.png
    0olr3ge1h1ak.png
    bhq65jkprbe7.png
    oaayipf3itvq.png
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Kim_Novak.IIKim_Novak.II ✭✭✭✭
    I wonder what the avatar of Ransom will look like?

I got my last Balok needed the other day before this was implemented so happy
  • Options
    edited July 2023

I'm curious as well. Might be the hardest Crew so far to "avatar".

Hopefully will look awesome.

==================================

It's in the game, now. Or at least the little snapshot, since don't have him yet. Be nice if we could get a good look at the avatars we don't have yet.

zmlbtajrfa3v.png

Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭

I can imagine it will be popular.

k5wz473envid.jpg
  • Options
    Finally, a choice! Too bad it does nothing to improve the abysmally low drop rate. You have to be able to GET a Behold in the first place for this to be of any use. I know some members of my Fleet haven't seen a single drop in more than a year, despite daily Gauntlet participation.

When I got my Balok, I placed 122.
    It's pure luck
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    rmbtsgifmygw.jpg

You must have the greatest RNG seed in the world. I have never heard of anybody getting even half as lucky on a consistent basis as you do.
  • Options
    EnderW wrote: »
    Well, Gauntlet begolds work (got with a lucky number 7 place finish)! :)

22js5rczxtm1.png

First thing I’ve gotten from the Gauntlet or Voyages since my birthday in January.

Took Guinan, right?
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    36 Win streak. No Crew drops.
    Now up to a 60 streak. No Crew drops.
  • Options
    69 streak, no Crew drop.

About to buy RNGesus a Starship.
  • Options
    69 streak, no Crew drop.

As I said, pure luck. I hardly played, ended up in 122nd played & got Balok out of 2 rewards
  • Options
    69 streak, no Crew drop.

As I said, pure luck. I hardly played, ended up in 122nd played & got Balok out of 2 rewards

Yeah. Bylo has had 200+ streaks with nothing. Maybe I'll have some luck with Chests after. Bouncing around top five today.
  • Options
    69 streak, no Crew drop.

Yeah. Bylo has had 200+ streaks with nothing. Maybe I'll have some luck with Chests after. Bouncing around top five today.

Finished eighth place. No BeGolds to post. All three Chests were 3 🌟 Items.
  • Options
    Sulu's HusbandSulu's Husband ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quick question. You have two of the same Gauntlet crew not in Cryostasis (this would really apply to any Behold or Begold), but they are not of the same status i.e. have a different number of stars. Which one is displayed?
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quick question. You have two of the same Gauntlet crew not in Cryostasis (this would really apply to any Behold or Begold), but they are not of the same status i.e. have a different number of stars. Which one is displayed?

See my picture in the first post. I had both a 5/5 and a 3/5 unfrozen. It showed the 5/5.
  • Options
    Can confirm. Showed my 5/5 Red Angel since I have been working on the second one.
  • Options
    Sulu's HusbandSulu's Husband ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks. Granted the only duplicates I am going for are the Gauntlet crew and Admiral Black. I guess I’ll need to make a mental note on the status of each so I make the right choice.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here are some numbers for you to think about in terms of streaks and what rewards to expect.

Let's assume you finish 2 or 3rd in every gauntlet for a month. And let's assume on average that yields 1 crew. That means 45 vaults yield one drop, so an implied rate of 2.22%. The true odds could be better or worse, but this feels like a reasonable guesstimate as a starting point.

Assume finishing 10th has the same odds of a crew as finishing 11th. In reality 10th should be better, odds so the numbers below will be even worse.

That means 1 crate has a .95% chance of dropping a crew.

Crates are the best you can get from a streak. So lets ask, how many crates do you need for a 90% chance of getting a crew.

You need 240 crates for that 90% chance. But crates only drop every three wins, so you need 720 straight wins, plus the 20 just to get to crates. So a 740 win streak for a 90% chance.

What are the odds of a 50% chance. Well that's 72 crates, so 216 streak + 20 = 288 wins.

The numbers are super high. You're not going to be pulling these kind of long streaks to guarantee a crew drop.

If you want crew, you're going to need to be accumulating these crates and vaults over the course of a lot of gauntlet rounds.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    No where is it stated that finishing 10th will get better rewards than 11th.

The only statement is on the chests, and as I stated that does not mean 3 of the better will give a better chance of 7 of the next, for the 5* crew.
  • Options
    SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2023
    36 Win streak. No Crew drops.
    Now up to a 60 streak. No Crew drops.

As I’m sure you already know, it’s all random. I’ve found that streaks are better than loot boxes (at least for me). I’ve hit on streaks of 3, 21, 39, etc., but missed on streaks of 60 and 138. It will hopefully come our way. 😂

“A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...