Home The Bridge
Options

UPDATE: "Phantasms Data" Release Changed/Free in Portal & OE!!!!!

2»

Comments

• Options
    Kim_Novak.IIKim_Novak.II ✭✭✭✭
    What about people who bought the pack thinking the could get Phantasms Data? I understand I'm going to get one anyway, but I didn't know that, and I took a chance on a pack, and apparently I could not have gotten him.

info on him being a giveaway has been around for quite a while prior to the mixed behold

Source? Ben announced the giveaway and OE AFTER the Mixed Behold was up. Where was it announced before that?

Datacore, Facebook pages, my fleet & other discords

The Devs announced it all those places, and forgot to announce it on the Forums they created to communicate with players? Strange oversight......

I never said the devs announced it....
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I started about 7 years ago, these forums were always busy. Now it us a few comments a day. Either everyone moved somewhere else or the game has really lost participants. I've been so discouraged here that I'm not particularly bothered at this point, but it would be nice if it were what it once was.

Or people are driven away by certain posters & their tedious threads? 🤔

I think most of them just silence people, actually.
    What about people who bought the pack thinking the could get Phantasms Data? I understand I'm going to get one anyway, but I didn't know that, and I took a chance on a pack, and apparently I could not have gotten him.

info on him being a giveaway has been around for quite a while prior to the mixed behold

Source? Ben announced the giveaway and OE AFTER the Mixed Behold was up. Where was it announced before that?

The Devs announced it all those places, and forgot to announce it on the Forums they created to communicate with players? Strange oversight......

I found out about neelix & Paris in the vault by looking up desperate before the event was announced.

Not the dev's fault people don't look elsewhere

It IS the "Developers' fault" when they fail to accurately release info. Or when they make mistakes. Making excuses for them when they do mess up {such as forgetting to put the one new Crew in a Tuesday Pack or Mixed Behold} must get exhausting.....
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options

I never said the devs announced it....

I pointed out they did NOT announce it and you listed a bunch of places it was announced.....

Apparently none of which were OFFICIAL .

And now, I will be joining many people on this Forum in their bliss improvement program.

Have a nice day.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Greetings Captains, We've been updating you in almost all the channels we have available. Facebook Twitter, Instagram, Forums, and even Steam. If you have any recommendation or constructive criticism we would love to hear you out. Than you and LLAP
  • Options
    Greetings Captains, We've been updating you in almost all the channels we have available. Facebook Twitter, Instagram, Forums, and even Steam. If you have any recommendation or constructive criticism we would love to hear you out. Than you and LLAP

Except y'all did NOT "update" on the Data issue on the Forums until after players brought it up here. And after people were tricked by the false inclusion of Data on the list for the Mixed Behold.....

How about an "update" on how the people who were misled are going to be compensated?

That would be nice transparency.....

• Options

Why not the game itself? All active users would see the message.

+87
  • Options

I don't have accounts on all those platforms, and they increasingly render themselves impossible to use for those who don't, so I admit I don't have the full picture, but what I'm struggling to see is where the fact that a Phantasms Data OE was on the way was advertised.

That to me is the crux of the issue in this specific thread. Because there was no (official) information about how he was being added to the game, when he was listed in the Mixed Behold it was reasonable for people to assume that that was how to obtain him, similar to Rogue Jack Crusher to give the most recent prior example. That then led people to make spending decisions that may have been different if they'd known it was only pre-existing crew.

The response seems to be that it's OK because we all got a Data soon enough anyway. (I personally would prefer if it had been treated like the Admiral Pike/Farragut Kirk situation, to be honest.)

For the future, I think all that's needed is to go back to what was the practice for a long while of announcements via in game mail, duplicated in "Starfleet Communications", of any concrete information that's also being given out in other venues.
  • Options
    Warrior WilloWarrior Willo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Webberoni wrote: »

With all due respect, communicating to players within the actual game itself should be considered the most ‘official’ and top priority form of communication. The forum and social platforms should be a secondary method for amplifying the message beyond the active player-base.

This is spot on.
  • Options
    Hey everybody, we replicate all the comms in all our communication platforms (including in-game). It seems we might've overlooked the in-game one when scheduling the message. We're sorry for any inconvenience, and we'll make sure it doesn't happen again.