Home The Bridge

20 Continuum missions disappeared now 4 way before TP agreed resets

Come on every week Continuum has issues.

Week 1 missions locked, then reset after many of us had invested to clear nodes, no compensation for the extra investment

Week 2 4 missions per level actually received 20 missions per level. TP advised due to the progress many had made the next reset wouldn't be until Tuesday. Yet less than an hour ago all the progress I was making on the 2nd round of 60 missions on Elite level has disappeared. There are now 4 missions per level way before the Continuum event is due to reset.

What on earth is going on @WRG Ben @STT Community
«1

Comments

  • Pumbaa672Pumbaa672 ✭✭
    edited December 2023
    @(ST) Dreadnought Were you able to do any of those missions? I click on travel an my ship doesn't go anywhere.

    Is the reset for the week mission set for tonight/tomorrow? Mine is set to reset in less than 15 hours.

    I started a thread in the engineering section.
  • WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had cleared normal and elite and was progressing through the 60 epic stars, only to wakeup and find everything reset to 12/12, 12/12 and 0/12!

    I both lost my progress through Epic, and also lost the chance to get the same amount of Quipment that other players did who had already cleared that difficulty level. So much for the decision not to reset the continuum missions!

    It is one thing to implement a solution that is bound to upset some people, but to communicate one thing and run with it for the better part of a week, only to completely reverse course without any communication? That is super frustrating and makes it hard to believe anything they say...
  • @Webberoni At least you got some credits. Mine was reset to 0/12, 0/12, and 0/12. And it is broke. Can't do any of the missions. Lucky I was able to complete the OE.
  • edited December 2023
    Pumbaa672 wrote: »
    @(ST) Dreadnought Were you able to do any of those missions? I click on travel an my ship doesn't go anywhere.

    Is the reset for the week mission set for tonight/tomorrow? Mine is set to reset in less than 15 hours.

    I started a thread in the engineering section.

    I cleared all 60 missions on Saturday paid 50 dilithium for a refresh and had just cleared elite and was just about to start Epic. I only have 2 missions left to complete now there are only 4 missions. The game reset should be 13hrs time.
  • Pumbaa672Pumbaa672 ✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Pumbaa672 wrote: »
    I cleared all 60 missions on Saturday paid 50 dilithium for a refresh and had just cleared elite and was just about to start Epic. I only have 2 missions left to complete now there are only 4 missions. The game reset should be 13hrs time.

    Oh. So you got the credit for completing the levels. I still had 6 (I think) left on the first level.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Thought the reset happened at the wrong time.

    Frustrating. I think I need a break from this game😡
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Webberoni wrote: »
    I had cleared normal and elite and was progressing through the 60 epic stars, only to wakeup and find everything reset to 12/12, 12/12 and 0/12!

    I both lost my progress through Epic, and also lost the chance to get the same amount of Quipment that other players did who had already cleared that difficulty level. So much for the decision not to reset the continuum missions!

    It is one thing to implement a solution that is bound to upset some people, but to communicate one thing and run with it for the better part of a week, only to completely reverse course without any communication? That is super frustrating and makes it hard to believe anything they say...

    That is easily the most frustrating part. Saying they are not going to do the reset, then apparently doing it. If that is what happened, rather than part of the Server Error issue.....


    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just checked, even though not doing a lot of Continuum Missions.

    0/12 on all three Tiers. "Travel" does not.
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should remove continuum missions at the next reset and spend time to do quality control on them. These repetitive mistakes are leading to errors in other parts of the game and worse yet, discouraging players from interacting with the feature.
  • [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    The fact that many of us can't run any missions is also discouraging us from interacting with the feature (and the game as a whole)
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other issues seem to have resolved. Q Missions still will not engage.
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2023
    I just realized, that there still may be a reset coming. Since this one that occurred was not at the normal time.

    Edit: no guess now. It did reset😡
  • The lack of any formal response or acknowledgment of these problems is the clearest indication to me, ever, that the end of this game is at the doorstep.
  • Not being able to do missions is something to be upset about.

    Them resetting the tiers to the original 4 missions(12) is not. They already compensated people for the original Chain rewards since most people won't be able to clear all the 3 levels.

    To clear all three levels required a minimum of 30 refreshes(14 free). This means people would have spent around 9k Dilithium and 8k chron. ( You can offset some of the Dil with Chron, but realistically only about half) If you were in the process of doing this or even going to the next step of reseting, you are upset because you were intentionally exploiting a bug. Think about that when you comment on the Forums.

    If you had cleared all of normal, after the reset you got another 500 merits for running one mission(regardless of difficulty). If you cleared all three levels you got all three chain rewards again for running one mission(regardless of difficulty).

    For people who did a full level, you essentially got compensation three times(one for the original misshap, two for the first completion and three for the reset).
  • Greetings Captains! We are aware of the situation and we are trying to fix it. thank you for your understanding and we are sorry for the inconvenience. LLAP
  • AstrometricsAstrometrics ✭✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Saying they are not going to do the reset, then apparently doing it.
    Webberoni wrote: »
    So much for the decision not to reset the continuum missions!

    They never said they were, did they? They said they were "considering" either extending the duration or speeding up canister regeneration. They did neither. The message is here:
    We are considering extending the duration or speeding up the regeneration of containers.

    Did some players behave as if "we are considering" is equivalent to a fixed plan or a promise? Yes.

    Did some people refresh their Continuum rewards on Saturday without ever seeing a confirmation that there would be no refresh? Yes.

    Is WRG to blame for people taking "we are considering" as a promise? Most certainly. Whatever the mistake is, WRG is to blame. People read a promise in a post? WRG must improve their communication. People buy a refresh without receiving a confirmation? WRG shall pay.

    I suggest that, for the crime of having "considered" giving us more time for the mission and not doing it, WRG gives every player two Legendary citations.

    And, for the crime of having "considered" speeding up the containers and not doing it, WRG gives every player two additional Legendary citations.
    "Dance with me. For science."
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    I propose that WRG watches "Cool Hand Luke"
  • Wrg should give every player 100 10x pulls, 27 legendary citations and 39 chronitons. Right now.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Saying they are not going to do the reset, then apparently doing it.
    Webberoni wrote: »
    So much for the decision not to reset the continuum missions!

    They never said they were, did they? They said they were "considering" either extending the duration or speeding up canister regeneration. They did neither. The message is here:
    We are considering extending the duration or speeding up the regeneration of containers.

    Did some players behave as if "we are considering" is equivalent to a fixed plan or a promise? Yes.

    Did some people refresh their Continuum rewards on Saturday without ever seeing a confirmation that there would be no refresh? Yes.

    Is WRG to blame for people taking "we are considering" as a promise? Most certainly. Whatever the mistake is, WRG is to blame. People read a promise in a post? WRG must improve their communication. People buy a refresh without receiving a confirmation? WRG shall pay.

    I suggest that, for the crime of having "considered" giving us more time for the mission and not doing it, WRG gives every player two Legendary citations.

    And, for the crime of having "considered" speeding up the containers and not doing it, WRG gives every player two additional Legendary citations.

    Where is that excerpt from?

    Someone screenshotted the in-game message saying there would NOT be a reset.

    5tbrzfrwlwp3.png


    EDIT: I believe I screenshotted that one, too. Let me look.

    EDIT2: Yep. I did.

    3zazxik7cgfa.png

    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Case closed. Point match.

    Game.

    D. Scott. Hewitt.
  • Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saying they are not going to do the reset, then apparently doing it.
    Webberoni wrote: »
    So much for the decision not to reset the continuum missions!

    They never said they were, did they? They said they were "considering" either extending the duration or speeding up canister regeneration. They did neither. The message is here:
    We are considering extending the duration or speeding up the regeneration of containers.

    Did some players behave as if "we are considering" is equivalent to a fixed plan or a promise? Yes.

    Did some people refresh their Continuum rewards on Saturday without ever seeing a confirmation that there would be no refresh? Yes.

    Is WRG to blame for people taking "we are considering" as a promise? Most certainly. Whatever the mistake is, WRG is to blame. People read a promise in a post? WRG must improve their communication. People buy a refresh without receiving a confirmation? WRG shall pay.

    I suggest that, for the crime of having "considered" giving us more time for the mission and not doing it, WRG gives every player two Legendary citations.

    And, for the crime of having "considered" speeding up the containers and not doing it, WRG gives every player two additional Legendary citations.

    As much as I appreciate satire, and I assume your post is entirely satire based on the ending, I think you missed the objection: TPG reset the missions a day early (there was no indication that this was even an option).

    I note that the entirety of continuum missions at this point has been an exercise in frustration and failure (not just by TPG). I always enjoy playing a game where the rules are reset through incompetence midway through without explanation. Don’t you?

    Then add the frequent other bugs that have cropped up throughout this process and the ongoing server overloading that happens each time an event starts or ends. I feel like I’m paying to watch a blind person play whack-a-mole. For awhile it might be funny. Now it’s just sad.
  • AstrometricsAstrometrics ✭✭✭
    edited December 2023
    3zazxik7cgfa.png

    That never says that the Continuum missions would last two weeks.

    It says that, instead of resetting the missions on the day this message was sent, the 20 missions would remain unchanged "this week".

    This statement only applies to "this week".

    Next week (which is the week that started yesterday, so "this week" for us)? Says nothing.
    Navarch wrote: »
    As much as I appreciate satire, and I assume your post is entirely satire based on the ending, I think you missed the objection: TPG reset the missions a day early (there was no indication that this was even an option).

    There's two objections in this thread: (1) the Continuum being reset when some players expected it to last two weeks, and (2) the Continuum being reset one day early.

    I addressed only the first, as it's not a good criticism. It's based on badly reading communications.

    But I have nothing to say about the one-day-early reset. It's not a problem I noticed in my game, but I do not doubt that people have experienced it and have reason to feel aggravated. So, by all means, protest and contact Support.
    "Dance with me. For science."
  • AthenethorAthenethor ✭✭
    edited December 2023
    <error>
  • ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    3zazxik7cgfa.png

    That never says that the Continuum missions would last two weeks.

    It says that, instead of resetting the missions on the day this message was sent, the 20 missions would remain unchanged "this week".

    This statement only applies to "this week".

    Next week (which is the week that started yesterday, so "this week" for us)? Says nothing.
    Navarch wrote: »
    As much as I appreciate satire, and I assume your post is entirely satire based on the ending, I think you missed the objection: TPG reset the missions a day early (there was no indication that this was even an option).

    There's two objections in this thread: (1) the Continuum being reset when some players expected it to last two weeks, and (2) the Continuum being reset one day early.

    I addressed only the first, as it's not a good criticism. It's based on badly reading communications.

    But I have nothing to say about the one-day-early reset. It's not a problem I noticed in my game, but I do not doubt that people have experienced it and have reason to feel aggravated. So, by all means, protest and contact Support.

    The continuum was not reset one day early. One day before it was due to be reset it was cut down to 4 missions instead of 20, but this was not a reset. The reset happened as scheduled 24 hours later (give or take, we all know that they haven't yet managed to reset the missions on time). Nobody expected the continuum missions to last two weeks, however we did expect it to last one week without changes. Especially after WRG explicitly stated that it would.

    Your argument is all based on an incomplete understanding of the facts. BTW, that's me being extremely diplomatic in my phrasing.
  • dext74dext74 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ChaosChild wrote: »
    3zazxik7cgfa.png

    That never says that the Continuum missions would last two weeks.

    It says that, instead of resetting the missions on the day this message was sent, the 20 missions would remain unchanged "this week".

    This statement only applies to "this week".

    Next week (which is the week that started yesterday, so "this week" for us)? Says nothing.
    Navarch wrote: »
    As much as I appreciate satire, and I assume your post is entirely satire based on the ending, I think you missed the objection: TPG reset the missions a day early (there was no indication that this was even an option).

    There's two objections in this thread: (1) the Continuum being reset when some players expected it to last two weeks, and (2) the Continuum being reset one day early.

    I addressed only the first, as it's not a good criticism. It's based on badly reading communications.

    But I have nothing to say about the one-day-early reset. It's not a problem I noticed in my game, but I do not doubt that people have experienced it and have reason to feel aggravated. So, by all means, protest and contact Support.

    The continuum was not reset one day early. One day before it was due to be reset it was cut down to 4 missions instead of 20, but this was not a reset. The reset happened as scheduled 24 hours later (give or take, we all know that they haven't yet managed to reset the missions on time). Nobody expected the continuum missions to last two weeks, however we did expect it to last one week without changes. Especially after WRG explicitly stated that it would.

    Your argument is all based on an incomplete understanding of the facts. BTW, that's me being extremely diplomatic in my phrasing.

    You keep missing the point that in their message to players they said "we will be leaving them as is for this week" and yet on Monday it changed from 20 to 4, exactly what they said they weren't going to do.
  • ChaosChild wrote: »
    3zazxik7cgfa.png

    That never says that the Continuum missions would last two weeks.

    It says that, instead of resetting the missions on the day this message was sent, the 20 missions would remain unchanged "this week".

    This statement only applies to "this week".

    Next week (which is the week that started yesterday, so "this week" for us)? Says nothing.
    Navarch wrote: »
    As much as I appreciate satire, and I assume your post is entirely satire based on the ending, I think you missed the objection: TPG reset the missions a day early (there was no indication that this was even an option).

    There's two objections in this thread: (1) the Continuum being reset when some players expected it to last two weeks, and (2) the Continuum being reset one day early.

    I addressed only the first, as it's not a good criticism. It's based on badly reading communications.

    But I have nothing to say about the one-day-early reset. It's not a problem I noticed in my game, but I do not doubt that people have experienced it and have reason to feel aggravated. So, by all means, protest and contact Support.

    The continuum was not reset one day early. One day before it was due to be reset it was cut down to 4 missions instead of 20, but this was not a reset. The reset happened as scheduled 24 hours later (give or take, we all know that they haven't yet managed to reset the missions on time). Nobody expected the continuum missions to last two weeks, however we did expect it to last one week without changes. Especially after WRG explicitly stated that it would.

    Your argument is all based on an incomplete understanding of the facts. BTW, that's me being extremely diplomatic in my phrasing.

    You can get hung up on the definition of the word reset if you want, regardless, wrg did something they said they wouldnt. So if you are interested in looking up definitions, i might say that what wrg did in this instance was to create a false or misleading statement. Or, to simplify, they lied.

    And they do owe an apology.
  • [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    ChaosChild wrote: »
    3zazxik7cgfa.png

    That never says that the Continuum missions would last two weeks.

    It says that, instead of resetting the missions on the day this message was sent, the 20 missions would remain unchanged "this week".

    This statement only applies to "this week".

    Next week (which is the week that started yesterday, so "this week" for us)? Says nothing.
    Navarch wrote: »
    As much as I appreciate satire, and I assume your post is entirely satire based on the ending, I think you missed the objection: TPG reset the missions a day early (there was no indication that this was even an option).

    There's two objections in this thread: (1) the Continuum being reset when some players expected it to last two weeks, and (2) the Continuum being reset one day early.

    I addressed only the first, as it's not a good criticism. It's based on badly reading communications.

    But I have nothing to say about the one-day-early reset. It's not a problem I noticed in my game, but I do not doubt that people have experienced it and have reason to feel aggravated. So, by all means, protest and contact Support.

    The continuum was not reset one day early. One day before it was due to be reset it was cut down to 4 missions instead of 20, but this was not a reset. The reset happened as scheduled 24 hours later (give or take, we all know that they haven't yet managed to reset the missions on time). Nobody expected the continuum missions to last two weeks, however we did expect it to last one week without changes. Especially after WRG explicitly stated that it would.

    Your argument is all based on an incomplete understanding of the facts. BTW, that's me being extremely diplomatic in my phrasing.

    You may have had a different experience, but I absolutely had my missions cut down to 4, completely reset to no clearance AND was locked out of traveling to the missions. This was after refreshing with dil
  • *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2023
    ChaosChild wrote: »
    3zazxik7cgfa.png

    That never says that the Continuum missions would last two weeks.

    It says that, instead of resetting the missions on the day this message was sent, the 20 missions would remain unchanged "this week".

    This statement only applies to "this week".

    Next week (which is the week that started yesterday, so "this week" for us)? Says nothing.
    Navarch wrote: »
    As much as I appreciate satire, and I assume your post is entirely satire based on the ending, I think you missed the objection: TPG reset the missions a day early (there was no indication that this was even an option).

    There's two objections in this thread: (1) the Continuum being reset when some players expected it to last two weeks, and (2) the Continuum being reset one day early.

    I addressed only the first, as it's not a good criticism. It's based on badly reading communications.

    But I have nothing to say about the one-day-early reset. It's not a problem I noticed in my game, but I do not doubt that people have experienced it and have reason to feel aggravated. So, by all means, protest and contact Support.

    The continuum was not reset one day early. One day before it was due to be reset it was cut down to 4 missions instead of 20, but this was not a reset. The reset happened as scheduled 24 hours later (give or take, we all know that they haven't yet managed to reset the missions on time). Nobody expected the continuum missions to last two weeks, however we did expect it to last one week without changes. Especially after WRG explicitly stated that it would.

    Your argument is all based on an incomplete understanding of the facts. BTW, that's me being extremely diplomatic in my phrasing.

    You may have had a different experience, but I absolutely had my missions cut down to 4, completely reset to no clearance AND was locked out of traveling to the missions. This was after refreshing with dil

    Something weird happened Sun/night into Monday. I had completed all 20 missions all 3 levels by Sunday night. Went to bed thinking I would refresh in the morning and run a "new set" of cards through level 1, but when I logged in, the 20 were gone and only 4 were there. Didn't hurt me either way, but it was odd. I thought TP said they would not change anything until the Monday night/Tuesday weekly reset (which was late again btw....smh...) but I could be mistaken. :/
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2023
    ChaosChild wrote: »
    3zazxik7cgfa.png

    That never says that the Continuum missions would last two weeks.

    It says that, instead of resetting the missions on the day this message was sent, the 20 missions would remain unchanged "this week".

    This statement only applies to "this week".

    Next week (which is the week that started yesterday, so "this week" for us)? Says nothing.
    Navarch wrote: »
    As much as I appreciate satire, and I assume your post is entirely satire based on the ending, I think you missed the objection: TPG reset the missions a day early (there was no indication that this was even an option).

    There's two objections in this thread: (1) the Continuum being reset when some players expected it to last two weeks, and (2) the Continuum being reset one day early.

    I addressed only the first, as it's not a good criticism. It's based on badly reading communications.

    But I have nothing to say about the one-day-early reset. It's not a problem I noticed in my game, but I do not doubt that people have experienced it and have reason to feel aggravated. So, by all means, protest and contact Support.

    The continuum was not reset one day early. One day before it was due to be reset it was cut down to 4 missions instead of 20, but this was not a reset. The reset happened as scheduled 24 hours later (give or take, we all know that they haven't yet managed to reset the missions on time). Nobody expected the continuum missions to last two weeks, however we did expect it to last one week without changes. Especially after WRG explicitly stated that it would.

    Your argument is all based on an incomplete understanding of the facts. BTW, that's me being extremely diplomatic in my phrasing.

    You may have had a different experience, but I absolutely had my missions cut down to 4, completely reset to no clearance AND was locked out of traveling to the missions. This was after refreshing with dil

    In that case, I did have a different experience to you. My missions were cut down to 4, but the progress remained unchanged. This happened on both my accounts. My apologies on not picking up on the details, and on assuming that everyone had the same experience.

    But whatever we call it, and whatever happened to each of us, WRG clearly did exactly what they said that they wouldn't. Regardless of the exact circumstances, going back on their word in this way is clearly unacceptable.
  • 3zazxik7cgfa.png

    That never says that the Continuum missions would last two weeks.

    It says that, instead of resetting the missions on the day this message was sent, the 20 missions would remain unchanged "this week".

    This statement only applies to "this week".

    Next week (which is the week that started yesterday, so "this week" for us)? Says nothing.
    Navarch wrote: »
    As much as I appreciate satire, and I assume your post is entirely satire based on the ending, I think you missed the objection: TPG reset the missions a day early (there was no indication that this was even an option).

    There's two objections in this thread: (1) the Continuum being reset when some players expected it to last two weeks, and (2) the Continuum being reset one day early.

    I addressed only the first, as it's not a good criticism. It's based on badly reading communications.

    But I have nothing to say about the one-day-early reset. It's not a problem I noticed in my game, but I do not doubt that people have experienced it and have reason to feel aggravated. So, by all means, protest and contact Support.

    No one expected the 20 missions per level to last 2 weeks, the new missions started 5am GMT UK by 7-8pm TP acknowledged that there should only be 4 missions and believed there were 8 rather than 20, but decided to let the anomaly stay rather than restart it like the 1st week which upset so many of us who had cleared numerous nodes.

    The next set of new missions should reset at 5am 7 days after the 20 were started, however 16 missions disappeared 13hrs before 5am UK. Many lost all progress some only needed to complete Epic level again.

    I had completed 100 missions 2x normal 2x elite & 1x Epic, I was just about to start Epic level 2 and found 16 missions removed. I could play on but many were not able to open any of the normal missions and were stuck waiting 13hrs for the 5am reset for this current set of missions which last 7 days if no glitches.

    #IsThisTheRoomForAnArguement
Sign In or Register to comment.