Home The Bridge
Options

So since Mirror Picard is basically from the Comics......

PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
Does that mean the possibility is there for book characters like Calhoun? Makes you wonder....

Comments

• Options
    I want some Characters like Zakal from The Lost years. He's an evil Kohlinar Master inhabiting a Romulan by use of katra. He has amazing telepathic and telekinetic abilities.

I also want Dr Keridwen. She is an anthropologist and has a weird deformity that makes her impenetrable to Telepathic abilities.

Proud Member of Everlong and avid Star Trek Fan

• Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want Leflers mother so I can do an all moms Away mission with Mama Trois, lol
  • Options
    I tried to raise this point early in the thread for the mega event announcement, but it didn't go anywhere. I'd be lying if I said I had any strong interest in any of the existing expanded universe stuff in the first place, let alone wanting any of it to enter Timelines. But I'm certainly curious to know what the scope of any possibilities exist along the lines, if only so we don't have a zillion threads of Fan A asking, "Where's [expanded universe character/persona]?" and then Fans B, C, D, and E all presuming to know the small fine print on DB's contracts.
  • Options
    OMG, Just realised that if comics are open for DB to get characters from then what about crossover comics such as Assimilation2. A new level of rights required but my mind has just been blown with the thought of the Doctor (Eleven or Four, I'm not fussy) in the game. :D
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a huge fan of the expanded universe - bought pretty much every single New Frontier/DS9/VGR/TNG book for a good decade. But I don't think going all in on it would be a great idea - a little too niche. Mirror Picard isn't the worst - it's an alternate version of a character we know intimately, but introducing book-only characters seems a little much.

I'm saying that, but I would absolutely go full force if Calhoun popped up in an event.
  • Options
    Pallidyne wrote: »
    I want Leflers mother so I can do an all moms Away mission with Mama Trois, lol

Just use Lefler, then. She's a mom in the books.
  • Options
    Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pallidyne wrote: »
    Does that mean the possibility is there for book characters like Calhoun? Makes you wonder....

It's possible, but improbable. Making variations of characters played by actors is different from a character who has never appeared on screen in any variation. Plus we know in the Mirror Universe that the TNG characters mirror variants existed, even if not seen on screen.