Home The Bridge
Options

New campaign crew! DREAM Alien- Epic fail!!

Seriously WRG, you couldn't come up with a better choice than this?! A character that doesn't even have a proper name for a new gold? Of all the aliens in the ST universe you pick this
How many people had to Google this?
Are we gonna get the other 4 for the next 3 months & get a new collection? 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🙈🙈🙈

lwf73iwv98ln.jpg

Comments

• Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seriously WRG, you couldn't come up with a better choice than this?! A character that doesn't even have a proper name for a new gold? Of all the aliens in the ST universe you pick this
    How many people had to Google this?
    Are we gonna get the other 4 for the next 3 months & get a new collection? 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🙈🙈🙈

lwf73iwv98ln.jpg

I Googled. One of the Voyager episodes I have not seen.

Although, I did have to Google Tendi, too. somehow I forgot THAT episode.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Kim_Novak.IIKim_Novak.II ✭✭✭✭
    At least you know who Tendi is!
  • Options
    At least you know who Tendi is!

That I did know.

The Mistress of the Winter Constellations would be displeased had I not!

👍🖖👍🖖👍
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    This dream guy should be 4* at best. Some weak Earl Grey to be sure.
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    As long as his stats are great, i don t mind. But yeah, an odd choice indeed.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    As long as his stats are great, i don t mind. But yeah, an odd choice indeed.

I was a hugely vocal critic about Battle Bev not having the most accurate artwork or the best appearance.

But she is always on my Arty in NM & UNM in FBB when I am not solving Nodes and on my Admiral Arena Arty when I am not "tanking" to drop my Rank or help others.
  • Options
    ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can blame the writers on Voyager who didn't bother to name the character, or even the species. He was a one-off character, but he was a significant threat and definitely worthy of 5* status, when compared to other 5*s in the game (they set the bar pretty low very early when Tosk was made 5*).

Whether he deserves to be the campaign reward is another matter. I don't really have an opinion as I don't buy the campaigns, so it wouldn't matter to me who they put in there.
  • Options
    edited January 18
    ChaosChild wrote: »
    You can blame the writers on Voyager who didn't bother to name the character, or even the species. He was a one-off character, but he was a significant threat and definitely worthy of 5* status, when compared to other 5*s in the game (they set the bar pretty low very early when Tosk was made 5*).

Whether he deserves to be the campaign reward is another matter. I don't really have an opinion as I don't buy the campaigns, so it wouldn't matter to me who they put in there.

Similar to the Shroomies. Were they even named in the episode, or just an unknown alien threat? Good incorporation of mysteriousness can make a threat more threatening.

One of the earliest "slasher/horror" genre films, introduced many new {or never used before in a scary movie} conceits. Many became so popular after, that they are now considered tropes of the genre.

SPOILERS FOR A 1970s film follow:
    One of the concepts used in "Black Christmas {1974}" was the mystery and unknown surrounding "Billy".

It was never revealed {in the original} why "Billy" was killing coeds. Or exactly WHO "Billy" was. Most of his "backstory" was introduced by the "voices" {personalities} heard off-screen, mostly on the phone. It's not even clear how many personalities/aspects "Billy" had. It's not even expressly revealed if "Billy" was the "primary"/original personality.

AT LEAST four different people provided the voices of the personalities.

Director Bob Clark
    Actor Nick Mancuso
    At least two female actors

All this made the "unknown" factor really intense for viewers.

The intensity of the horror was definitely stronger because of the unknown.....
  • Options

Similar to the Shroomies. Were they even named in the episode, or just an unknown alien threat? Good incorporation of mysteriousness can make a threat more threatening.

One of the earliest "slasher/horror" genre films, introduced many new {or never used before in a scary movie} conceits. Many became so popular after, that they are now considered tropes of the genre.

One of the concepts used in "Black Christmas {1974}" was the mystery and unknown surrounding "Billy".

It was never revealed {in the original} why "Billy" was killing coeds. Or exactly WHO "Billy" was. Most of his "backstory" was introduced by the "voices" {personalities} heard off-screen, mostly on the phone. It's not even clear how many personalities/aspects "Billy" had. It's not even expressly revealed if "Billy" was the "primary"/original personality.

Director Bob Clark
    Actor Nick Mancuso

the Shroomies are multiple characters though.
    If you want to make that comparism, then it would be if they only released a Shroom
  • Options

And cold
  • Options

Director Bob Clark
    Actor Nick Mancuso

If you want to make that comparism, then it would be if they only released a Shroom

From my Googling, I thought there were multiple Dream Aliens? It sounded like a full-on invasion of the ship, and the crew's minds?

My point, BTW, was that all we know about the Shroomies, and any individual Shroomy, was that they were unknown aliens who invaded the NX-01 with what {from the perspective of the Enterprise crew} was hostile intent. Not a lot of backstory was given, as far as I remember.

Which is a very well-known tactic in writing {and script writing} for making an unknown enemy more threatening and, for the reader/viewer, more dread inducing.
  • Options
    On a positive note, I do need to finish Sarris.
  • Options

And cold

Director Bob Clark
    Actor Nick Mancuso

From my Googling, I thought there were multiple Dream Aliens? It sounded like a full-on invasion of the ship, and the crew's minds?

My point, BTW, was that all we know about the Shroomies, and any individual Shroomy, was that they were unknown aliens who invaded the NX-01 with what {from the perspective of the Enterprise crew} was hostile intent. Not a lot of backstory was given, as far as I remember.

Which is a very well-known tactic in writing {and script writing} for making an unknown enemy more threatening and, for the reader/viewer, more dread inducing.

there are 4 of them

https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Unnamed_Dream_Aliens
  • Options

And cold

Director Bob Clark
    Actor Nick Mancuso

there are 4 of them

https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Unnamed_Dream_Aliens

I'm surprised they did not do the others as a 4 🌟 Crew. Maybe they will. Then the inevitable Fusion will give us....

"The Dream Team"

I need to watch that episode still. Might do it and the Shroomies episode today.

• Options
    Okay.

The one being aggressively snogged by Seven of Nine is the one they cannot even force awake.

That tracks.....
  • Options
    "Not every species has motives that can be understood in Human terms."

Well said, Sub-Commander Hottie. Well said.
  • Options
    *Hardly any human has motives that can be understood in human terms
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sadly his stats is medicore as well. Weakest Ultimate tier crew since ages.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    @STT Community please think about changing this!
  • Options
    ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭

It goes live tomorrow, the Chances of it being changed are definitely zero.
  • Options
    This will be the first campaign in a long time that I'm not buying. Admittedly Vedala Elder is brilliant, but I've had him immortalised for many months allready. And "Dream Alien Leader" just **tsk tsk**, I won't pay real cash for that.
  • Options

Still can be changed
  • Options
    This will be the first campaign in a long time that I'm not buying. Admittedly Vedala Elder is brilliant, but I've had him immortalised for many months allready. And "Dream Alien Leader" just **tsk tsk**, I won't pay real cash for that.

Worth getting the premium track not just the ultimate for a dupe elder & all the bonuses IMO
  • Options

Still can be changed

Doubt they will considering the tone-deafness last Campaign.

Worth getting the premium track not just the ultimate for a dupe elder & all the bonuses IMO

The Ultimate Track is worthwhile, even if you airlock the Legendary, for the other stuff.

• Options

Still can be changed

I must have missed the part where they reversed the decision to replace Pike with Mariner after feedback?
  • Options

Still can be changed

I must have missed the part where they reversed the decision to replace Pike with Mariner after feedback?

Okay. Sure. That was the "problematic" issue they ignored.

Speaking of.....

• Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

Still can be changed

It's wayyyyy easier to replace the existing 5* crew than the brand new crew created for the campaign. And the Pike campaign was announced earlier so there was more time to consider a replacement.

And lastly, this was an existing campaign crew recently was an easier reason to justify than this is a bad crew.
  • Options

Still can be changed

Okay. Sure. That was the "problematic" issue they ignored.

Speaking of.....

If by tone deafness, you mean a person or two(at least here?
  • Options
    AviTrek wrote: »

Still can be changed

It's wayyyyy easier to replace the existing 5* crew than the brand new crew created for the campaign. And the Pike campaign was announced earlier so there was more time to consider a replacement.

And lastly, this was an existing campaign crew recently was an easier reason to justify than this is a bad crew.

That was not the Crew that was the big problem, but someone seems to try and be intentionally contentious quite often.

The other Legendary was the most tone-deaf decision by WRG since someone {a male} who was REPEATEDLY sexually assaulted by a friend and crewmate was given the "Romantic" Trait.

I can't even imagine if the victim had been a female and had been given the same Trait, how severe the reaction would be from players. But, since it was a male, it was "fine".....
  • Options
    ShidoniShidoni ✭✭
    edited January 23
    AviTrek wrote: »

Still can be changed

That was not the Crew that was the big problem, but someone seems to try and be intentionally contentious quite often.

The other Legendary was the most tone-deaf decision by WRG since someone {a male} who was REPEATEDLY sexually assaulted by a friend and crewmate was given the "Romantic" Trait.

I can't even imagine if the victim had been a female and had been given the same Trait, how severe the reaction would be from players. But, since it was a male, it was "fine".....

I think I've finally worked out what you're talking about. Regency Riker, right?

I agree that that's terribly tone-deaf, but plenty of non-romantic Rikers have the Romantic trait, even Thomas Riker straight out of years of isolation. It's a trait of his character, not of the situation he was in (which I agree was not at all romantic).

Looking at the Big Book, that seems to be something they haven't done in a while, preferring to give them all Gambler, and a few with neither. Not at all consistent.

Still, they're never going to change the traits unless you specify which crew you mean! I hope by pointing it out I helped it happen. (Also I hope I was right... probably there's something even more obvious I missed.)