Home The Bridge
Options

New campaign crew! DREAM Alien- Epic fail!!

2»

Comments

• Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 23
    Shidoni wrote: »
    AviTrek wrote: »
    ChaosChild wrote: »
    @STT Community please think about changing this!

It goes live tomorrow, the Chances of it being changed are definitely zero.

Still can be changed

Doubt they will considering the tone-deafness last Campaign.

I must have missed the part where they reversed the decision to replace Pike with Mariner after feedback?

It's wayyyyy easier to replace the existing 5* crew than the brand new crew created for the campaign. And the Pike campaign was announced earlier so there was more time to consider a replacement.

And lastly, this was an existing campaign crew recently was an easier reason to justify than this is a bad crew.

That was not the Crew that was the big problem, but someone seems to try and be intentionally contentious quite often.

The other Legendary was the most tone-deaf decision by WRG since someone {a male} who was REPEATEDLY sexually assaulted by a friend and crewmate was given the "Romantic" Trait.

I can't even imagine if the victim had been a female and had been given the same Trait, how severe the reaction would be from players. But, since it was a male, it was "fine".....

I think I've finally worked out what you're talking about. Regency Riker, right?

I agree that that's terribly tone-deaf, but plenty of non-romantic Rikers have the Romantic trait, even Thomas Riker straight out of years of isolation. It's a trait of his character, not of the situation he was in (which I agree was not at all romantic).

Looking at the Big Book, that seems to be something they haven't done in a while, preferring to give them all Gambler, and a few with neither. Not at all consistent.

Still, they're never going to change the traits unless you specify which crew you mean! I hope by pointing it out I helped it happen. (Also I hope I was right... probably there's something even more obvious I missed.)

Wrong Riker.

Think of one that was "not himself" and a fellow high-ranking officer took advantage of that. And his body.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    ShidoniShidoni ✭✭
    edited January 24
    Ah! Riker Odan! I forgot about what happened there.

I think WRG should take the Romantic trait off both of them, but don't expect it until their trait overhaul comes through. Apparently they're actively working on it.
  • Options
    Ah! Riker Odan! I forgot what happened there.

I think WRG should take the Romantic trait off both of them, but don't expect it until their trait overhaul comes through. Apparently they're actively working on it.

I'm not sure what exactly happened with the Q girl.

I know Beverly took advantage of a crew-mate who had never shown any romantic interest in her, because she loved the slug that took over his body.

So, I cannot say which is "worse".

Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options

I know Beverly took advantage of a crew-mate who had never shown any romantic interest in her, because she loved the slug that took over his body.

Riker Odan is definitely worse since Crusher actually went through with it. Amanda Rogers realized what she was doing was wrong before anything actually happened, but briefly mind-controlled Riker to be in love with her.
  • Options

Riker Odan is definitely worse since Crusher actually went through with it. Amanda Rogers realized what she was doing was wrong before anything actually happened, but briefly mind-controlled Riker to be in love with her.

Been a very long time, but I thought she had backed off pretty quickly.

The Beverly situation actually went on long enough for the parasite to almost kill Riker, IIRC.

• Options

The Beverly situation actually went on long enough for the parasite to almost kill Riker, IIRC.

Yeah, it was pretty quick, I just didn't remember the Odan situation at all, so when I drew Regency Riker my first thought was, "Oh, right, this scene! That must be what the complaint was about; it was indeed sketchy!"

And my understanding was that the Odan situation went on only as long as it had to until another Trill* got there, which was indeed long enough to almost kill Riker; Crusher didn't draw it out further. It's been almost 20 years since I actually watched that episode, though.

*asterisk added only because it feels weird not to
  • Options
    ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, it was pretty quick, I just didn't remember the Odan situation at all, so when I drew Regency Riker my first thought was, "Oh, right, this scene! That must be what the complaint was about; it was indeed sketchy!"

And my understanding was that the Odan situation went on only as long as it had to until another Trill* got there, which was indeed long enough to almost kill Riker; Crusher didn't draw it out further. It's been almost 20 years since I actually watched that episode, though.

*asterisk added only because it feels weird not to

Crusher didn't draw it out further because Odan's new host was female. Her love for Odan was less powerful than her homophobia.

It's not a good episode for Bev, however you look at it.
  • Options
    Greetings Captains, regarding trait adjustment we are taking a deep look at the Trait Audit created in the Forums. We are currently working on that, Thank you. LLAP
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think he looks like Tom Paris.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭

Eh, I don’t see it.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1495 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 25
    EnderW wrote: »

Eh, I don’t see it.

q7y85cux92tw.jpeg

7z2ki1pdw74h.jpeg

I think it is due to the actor Mark Colson who played the Dream Alien.

l9v4f5l1di3t.jpeg
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    A factor I do not think anyone has mentioned is that the Crew is in a BeGold. There is always the possibility that one of the other Crew in each BeGold might be useful for at least some players, if you do not want the new Crew.

Plus, as I mentioned previously, there is a lot of other stuff in the Track.

Now, if they would change the Premium Track Legendary to a BeGold.....

• Options
    A factor I do not think anyone has mentioned is that the Crew is in a BeGold. There is always the possibility that one of the other Crew in each BeGold might be useful for at least some players, if you do not want the new Crew.

Yeah. Each character reward in the campaign could be a behold where the featured crew is guaranteed to show up but it gives players a chance to pick someone else, including the 4*. I had JUST finished Damron right before he was announced as part of this campaign. It would also be nice if it any character not a voyage or gauntlet exclusive could pop up.

• Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    EnderW wrote: »

Eh, I don’t see it.

q7y85cux92tw.jpeg

7z2ki1pdw74h.jpeg

I think it is due to the actor Mark Colson who played the Dream Alien.

l9v4f5l1di3t.jpeg

Oh, you missed a great Lower Decks reference here. 😂
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1495 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options

Yeah. Each character reward in the campaign could be a behold where the featured crew is guaranteed to show up but it gives players a chance to pick someone else, including the 4*. I had JUST finished Damron right before he was announced as part of this campaign. It would also be nice if it any character not a voyage or gauntlet exclusive could pop up.

Greetings Captains, I quite like this idea. But I would need more support from you to present it to the team as a possible change. Is this something most of you would like? I can still pass notes regarding this matter, but with low support most likely the team will focus in other aspects at the moment. Thank you, LLAP
  • Options
    Warrior WilloWarrior Willo ✭✭✭✭✭

Greetings Captains, I quite like this idea. But I would need more support from you to present it to the team as a possible change. Is this something most of you would like? I can still pass notes regarding this matter, but with low support most likely the team will focus in other aspects at the moment. Thank you, LLAP

This is a great idea and I believe it would have a positive effect on campaign sales.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes. People have been saying this since the ultra campaign launched. You have lost endless premium and ultra campaign purchases because the premium is a straight 5* drop and if a player has that crew FF they don't want to buy either campaign.
  • Options
    AviTrek wrote: »

Yes. People have been saying this since the ultra campaign launched. You have lost endless premium and ultra campaign purchases because the premium is a straight 5* drop and if a player has that crew FF they don't want to buy either campaign.

Probably been suggested more than any other specific change.

💯% a good idea.

+87
  • Options
    "Alien"

v6g1mbk7y8kc.png
  • Options
    PhotonKimPhotonKim ✭✭✭
    [/quote]

[/quote]

Greetings Captains, I quite like this idea. But I would need more support from you to present it to the team as a possible change. Is this something most of you would like? I can still pass notes regarding this matter, but with low support most likely the team will focus in other aspects at the moment. Thank you, LLAP[/quote]

I definitely would like to see this implemented. Thanks.
  • Options
    More beholds would be great.

All of the packs we pay dilithium for should give beholds... it's a real kick in the nuts when we only need one character in the pack, but we keep getting dupes we already have maxxed out 10 times in a row.
  • Options
    More beholds would be great.

All of the packs we pay dilithium for should give beholds... it's a real kick in the nuts when we only need one character in the pack, but we keep getting dupes we already have maxxed out 10 times in a row.

Probably not something they would ever do, but I even support Beholds/BeGolds in Event Packs.

That might encourage even someone who has the Legendary Immortalized to pull a couple of Packs, because they might hit the Legendary and get a shot at another Legendary.
  • Options
    ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    A behold is always going to be better than a straight crew drop, even if the straight drop is someone I need. Choice is a good thing.
  • Options

I like this idea.
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭

I like this idea.

Same here. Beholds would be much better
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!