Home The Bridge
Options

Next Portal Update

Hi Team,

Is there a Portal update due, it seems to be a long time since the last one.

Comments

• Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Team,

Is there a Portal update due, it seems to be a long time since the last one.

I THINK the last thing said was, basically, "Sometime in 2024."? One of the Q&A videos or a post from Ben? I think was maybe sometime in the first or second quarter.....

Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    I hope they will remember to add 2* Kevin Mulkahey this time. Newer accounts haven't had the chance to acquire (and freeze) him.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 3
    I hope they will remember to add 2* Kevin Mulkahey this time. Newer accounts haven't had the chance to acquire (and freeze) him.

I'm waiting for BorgySitter Boimler. They forgot him when they added the others from the Mega.....

EDIT: I don't know why I thought the Crew from the Borg Mega Event were in the Portal. I think I was thinking of the Update that added EV Boimler. Maybe.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just for reference, when was the date of the last update. I honestly can't remember which means its been too long.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Options
    Last portal update was early July 2023
  • Options
    Sven LundgrenSven Lundgren ✭✭✭✭✭
    cmdrworf wrote: »
    Just for reference, when was the date of the last update. I honestly can't remember which means its been too long.

July 19, 2023
  • Options
    Frank?Frank? ✭✭✭✭✭
    For your digestion, here are the historical dates of previous portal updates:
    July 19, 2023
    February 7, 2023
    June 13, 2022
    January 18, 2022
    July 27, 2021
    November 24, 2020
    March 17, 2020
    August 20, 2019
    January 8, 2019
    March 20, 2018
    June 7, 2017

So in the last 2ish years, we've gotten into a pretty decent rhythm of every 6ish months, you get one - usually pairs along with an Elusive Treasure sale.
  • Options
    I’m just wondering which Super Rare pack crew might be in the next update.
    I’m guessing Amanda Cole, Jojo Krako and Hain - all released between Feb and Jul 19 2023.
    Mot came out Jul 25 so perhaps is a possible?
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m guessing Amanda Cole, Jojo Krako and Hain - all released between Feb and Jul 19 2023.

Any Portal update will start at roughly six months before the date of the update. Meaning that if the update happened on January 1, the newest card that would be in the update would have been released around July 1st. So all cards from the last update to July 1st, would be put into the Portal.

Now, there is quite a bit of wiggle room on that, as the exact day a card is released has always been a bit unclear to me (it's probably in the game coding; if others know for sure, please correct me). Also, I've always gotten the sense the devs make judgement calls. Case in point: by my counting, Seven in Command should not have been released in the last update, as she had been released as a Tuesday Pack card fairly close to the Update (like two or three months before, if memory serves; again I could be mistaken here, anyone is free to correct me) and yet she was in the Portal Update. Also, the devs have regularly released all the new ships, regardless of the timing of their release.

To your question, by the count I'm keeping, if an update were to happen tomorrow, we would be roughly mid-January 2023 to mid-August 2023. The newest card I could get is T'Pring as Spock, who was released around August 8th.

Everyone should be prepared, the next update is going to be noticeably smaller than previous ones. That's because of the Tuesday pack drought in the first half of 2023; it went from roughly February to May. So typically only two cards were released a week, rather than the normal three.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1486 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    Sulu's HusbandSulu's Husband ✭✭✭✭✭
    EnderW wrote: »

Any Portal update will start at roughly six months before the date of the update. Meaning that if the update happened on January 1, the newest card that would be in the update would have been released around July 1st. So all cards from the last update to July 1st, would be put into the Portal.

Now, there is quite a bit of wiggle room on that, as the exact day a card is released has always been a bit unclear to me (it's probably in the game coding; if others know for sure, please correct me). Also, I've always gotten the sense the devs make judgement calls. Case in point: by my counting, Seven in Command should not have been released in the last update, as she had been released as a Tuesday Pack card fairly close to the Update (like two or three months before, if memory serves; again I could be mistaken here, anyone is free to correct me) and yet she was in the Portal Update. Also, the devs have regularly released all the new ships, regardless of the timing of their release.

To your question, by the count I'm keeping, if an update were to happen tomorrow, we would be roughly mid-January 2023 to mid-August 2023. The newest card I could get is T'Pring as Spock, who was released around August 8th.

Everyone should be prepared, the next update is going to be noticeably smaller than previous ones. That's because of the Tuesday pack drought in the first half of 2023; it went from roughly February to May. So typically only two cards were released a week, rather than the normal three.

The last portal update was underwhelming in terms of quantity of new crew.
  • Options
    EnderW wrote: »

I honestly think Seven in Command was added to the last Portal update because she was number 40 for the Borg. The Borg Mega last February was extremely disappointing for the number of new Borg and for a while the achievement that had been updated(max 40) was not possible to complete.
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    FYI: not seeing an announcement yet but, as I've been opening recap packs, it's clear they've updated the Portal. :)
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1486 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    I just saw Tourist Hoshi Sato in a behold.
  • Options
    Got Hain in one of my wrap up packs.
  • Options
    Greetings Captain, The portal Update was pushed one week in advance but It wasn't scheduled like that. That's why We didn't have time to prepare a communication statement, Thank You LLAP
  • Options
    Captain IdolCaptain Idol ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 14
    Torias Bashir
    Krem
    Audrid Quark
    Joran Sisko
    Verad Dax
    Emony Leeta
    Returning Ezri Dax
    Symbiont Pool Jadzia
    Tobin O'Brien
    Lela Kira
    Amand Rauth Pike
    Chief Engineer Scott
    Captain Angel
    Night Writing Benny Russell
    La'an Noonien Singh
    Chief Engineer Rutherford
    The Preacher
    Darlene Kursky
    Crosis
    Assimilated Rooney
    Six of Ten
    La Sirena Borg Queen
    Borg Baby Boimler
    Axum
    Albert Macklin
    Excretus of Borg
    Assimilated Bashir
    Drone Magnus Hansen
    Chief Medical Officer Tendi
    Bruce Maddox
    Mirror Boimler
    Amanda Cole
    Insider Ro
    Heroic Shaxs
    Prisoner Paris
    Tearful Janeway
    Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker
    Twilight Reed
    Zero Hour Archer
    Disguised Daniels
    Starfleet Medical Phlox
    Wanted Mariner
    Palor Toff
    Captain Picard Day Riker
    Degraded Sphere-Builder
    Colonel Grat
    EV Suit Tendi
    Sarin
    General K'Vagh
    JoJo Krako
    Damron
    Ikhu Zhen Kyheem
    Hain
    Ikhu Zhen Booker
    Battle Beverly Crusher
    Gotana-Retz
    Vadic
    Handler Worf
    Captain Vadic
    Varani
    Captain Shaw
    Ceti Alpha V Khan
    Lenore Karidian
    Mutinous Trip Tucker
    Mot
    Tourist Hoshi Sato
    Primal Peanut Hamper
    Pascal Fullerton
    Fly-Fishing M'Benga
    Base Camp McCoy
    Lady Audrey Chapel
    T'Pring As Spock
    Paradise Spock
    Luau Chakotay
    M'Benga and Oriana
    Yeoman Barrows
    Rites of Separation Leeta
    Sir Adya Ortegas
    Luau Torres
    Rock'n'Roll Mariner
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got Leeta from a straight drop in a voyage, if anyone is confirming the crew.
  • Options
    SkettiSketti ✭✭✭
    Still no 2* Kevin Mulkahey? What did he do wrong.
  • Options
    And Kevin Mulkahey continues to be elusive.

I don't even remember who he is, and I want him now.
  • Options
    SlickSlick ✭✭✭
    I believe I got him from an event awhile back.
    85bftd9bvg69.png
    Fleet Admiral - Dazed & Confused 🤸🤸🙃 We are still waiting for Enterprises B & C, the Delta Flyer, and a Runabout! We should also have a TNG season 1 red shirt LT JG Worf, and a "Far Beyond The Stars" DS9 episode crew collection!
  • Options
    Kim_Novak.IIKim_Novak.II ✭✭✭✭
    And Kevin Mulkahey continues to be elusive.

I don't even remember who he is, and I want him now.

The legend that is Jeffrey Combs. In Human for for a change
    From Far Beyond the Stars
  • Options
    I can confirm the following crew

Torias Bashir
    Krem
    Symbiont Pool Jadzia
    The Preacher
    Assimilated Rooney
    Axum
    Excretus of Borg
    Amanda Cole
    Disguised Daniels
    Palor Toff
    Degraded Sphere-Builder
    Sarin
    Mot
    Rites of Separation Leeta
  • Options
    Hain
    Ceti Alpha V Chak
    U.S.S. Farragut
    The Dove
  • Options
    The new Gorn ship is there too!
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Handler Worf confirmed.
  • Options
    Greetings Captains, please check the official post for any doubts https://forum.wickedrealmgames.com/stt/discussion/21108/portal-update-02-13#latest

LLAP
  • Options
    ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 15
    Greetings Captains, please check the official post for any doubts https://forum.wickedrealmgames.com/stt/discussion/21108/portal-update-02-13#latest

LLAP

We have run into missing crew from the portal updates before. Until they are all verified people will not believe that they are all in the portal.

And before anybody mentions it; yes, they're all going to be visible in crew retrieval which would suggest that they're all in the portal and no, I don't think that's going to be enough for people to take it on faith.

Too many mistakes in the past, on both execution and communication, means that WRG has basically burned the trust of the community. And let's not forget, this update wasn't meant to have happened yet, so it's not like the mistakes have stopped.