Home The Bridge
Options

Quipment power reduced, cost increased.

2»

Comments

• Options
    Sulu's HusbandSulu's Husband ✭✭✭✭✭
    Greetings Captains, Thank you all for the suggestions to improve the feature I'll pass notes to the team and update you if we are pushing upcoming changes.

If that's what you think @Admiral_C We will not argue with you.

LLAP

I posted earlier a suggestion for a major improvement of the Continuum function without altering any of its present mechanics. It looks like everyone here agrees with this approach as a beneficial evolution. I also sent this as a suggestion via normal channels. A constructive response would be appreciated.

And the crickets sing.

Greetings, Captain.

LLAP
  • Options
    Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭
    Greetings Captains, Thank you all for the suggestions to improve the feature I'll pass notes to the team and update you if we are pushing upcoming changes.

If that's what you think @Admiral_C We will not argue with you.

LLAP

I posted earlier a suggestion for a major improvement of the Continuum function without altering any of its present mechanics. It looks like everyone here agrees with this approach as a beneficial evolution. I also sent this as a suggestion via normal channels. A constructive response would be appreciated.

And the crickets sing.

To be fair to Nancy, she’s not a developer. In theory, she’s supposed to be a conduit between us and the developers. I also understand that she’s in Europe somewhere, putting her several hours out of sync with the likes of Ben and Joe. My suspicion is that this time difference and the overstretched nature of TPG’s employees has exacerbated already existing communication issues that always existed between the community manager and the developers. It’s caused intermittent frustration amongst players for as long as I’ve been playing. It’s undoubtedly cost DB/WRG/TPG a ton in terms of player goodwill/continued playing/continued spending.

I like your proposal, but I struggle to see how it can be implemented by a team that is so small and is now spread across 2 games.
  • Options
    (TL;DR - I'm OK with the latest quipment changes.)

I play on two accounts: a >5-year-old VIP14 level 99, and a 10-month-old strict VIP0. I was lukewarm about Continuum at the start, but it's really grown on me. I've gotten the 4/5 Ubiquitous Borg Queen on both accounts. It was much more challenging on the alt (and so it should be), but both accounts were fortunate to start playing Continuum early enough (and have the free materials given at launch) and so the alt was able to survive through the Great MED Component Shortage from a couple of weeks ago.

As I see it, the new cheaper and very powerful, highly trait-specific quipments rejuvenate particular "less useful" crew, and now we have particular Continuum superstars, much like we already have particular voyage superstars, arena superstars and gauntlet superstars etc. The higher cost and slightly less beefy boosts seen on the more general quipments can be seen as a trade-off for their utility in boosting a broader range of crew that can be used for other non-Continuum purposes.

Now that I've actually played for a few days after the changes have come into play, I feel I actually like them. My main account has most of the specific continuum superstars. I look forward to being able to use them to roar through the Continuum missions at relatively low cost and not have to worry much about keeping them out of voyages / gauntlet etc. I can then use the excess components I have collected (I do dil-refresh from time to time here) on the expensive quipments to boost other non-Continuum crew as much (or as little) as I wish depending on the occasion.

As for the VIP0 alt, well, I enjoy continuum so much that the alt's next few retrieval projects are continuum-centred. The alt has done OK, and I acknowledge some luck there -- I have previously posted about other players I know who started later and got caught in a component shortage hole. I feel OK about the changes. I think I can make them work for me, even on the alt.

The latest Q&A happened while I was asleep, but I see reports on my fleet Discord saying various pain points have been acknowledged and are being thought about, and in particular looking at and equipping crew quipment without having to leave the Continuum interface and back out all the way to crew quarters before wading back into the Continuum interface etc. was mentioned. So, kudos for that and thank you for acknowledging the pain points.
  • Options
    kinda glad i got banned all those years back.....looks like the games become not fun since i was
  • Options
    Admiral_CAdmiral_C ✭✭✭
    Don't worry... In a few days they will come by and say they are listening, and discussing all suggestions with the team...
  • Options
    Greetings @Isle{DD}emer d'Alberran ,
    We saw your suggestion regarding better UI info being portrayed and we did like the idea to pass notes to the devs directly, I can double check how that suggestion is being processed by the product team. Thanks LLAP.

Edit: Apologies, this message did not send cause the forums were a big buggy that day