Home The Bridge
Options

Quipment power reduced, cost increased.

The standard gold quipment available to all crew has been nerfed, and their cost increased.
What used to grant +550 and cost 7/7,
now only gives +500 and costs 8/8.

Was this announced?

Comments

• Options
    Looks like just a short moment ago in the Starfleet Communications section.
  • Options
    Confirmed. This thread may be closed or deleted.
  • Options
    Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭
    Might as well start a reaction thread here. Oof.

Way to encourage people not to play continuum missions.

I may be a born again vip 0 after this one.
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    <sarcasm>Well I for one am happy we have a bit of advanced warning about this, if I start saving up now I might be able to build a single +500 MED Quipment before April Fool's Day!</sarcasm>
  • Options
    That stinks.
  • Options
    All other quipments (the ones with specific quirements) have received a boost though. They're cheaper than the generic ones. So not all the adjustments were bad. It should make solving missions easier in fact, if we use those specific crew.
  • Options
    Good to know. Thanks.
  • Options
    Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭
    All other quipments (the ones with specific quirements) have received a boost though. They're cheaper than the generic ones. So not all the adjustments were bad. It should make solving missions easier in fact, if we use those specific crew.

No, not all of them. They just nerfed trait-locked quipment for (Bajoran, Klingon, etc.) crew that players have retrieved and cited the last few months. Why should players trust them to not do that again after we go and retrieve/fuse the next awful crew in line?

From experience, we shouldn’t. Going forward, if it seems too good to be true, expect a nerf.

Don’t plan out your cites or retrievals to help a card that will get nerfed.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 28
    Yes, eventually there will be more and this nerf will just be one more on the list.🙄
  • Options
    Greetings Captains, we are always seeking to improve your gaming experience. Could you let us know what would make this feature more appealing?

- Better cards?
    - Components / Quipment?

We are listening, let us know what you have in mind. LLAP
  • Options
    [TLA]  84wb[TLA] 84wb ✭✭✭
    It would be great to have something to so in the Continuum after the missions have been completed .. eg get extra quipment (MED?), beholds, whatever..
    Interested in being part of the TLA fun?
  • Options
    Greetings Captains, we are always seeking to improve your gaming experience. Could you let us know what would make this feature more appealing?

- Better cards?
    - Components / Quipment?

1. Don’t nerf something that has been in practice for months or longer. If your team perceives a balance issue, unplug the feature and fix it immediately.

2. In reference to item 1, communicate these things in a timely manner. An example of not communicating in a timely manner would include posting about a nerf after the fact.

3. Have your game designers work on making existing features more fun and engaging. Take a census of what players are spending the most time doing, and make those things more fun.

4. Suggest to your game developers that they should play the game outside of the developer environment and understand its functionality and flow without the perks of limitless resources.

AGREED.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

- Better cards?
    - Components / Quipment?

1) Un-nerf your change
    2) Fix the med and sci imbalance
    3) Make the first refresh free
    4) Remove the merits from the rewards and provide quantum, dil, and the new 5* crew
    5) Reduce the skill threshold while adding failure penalties and more complex paths to encourage strategic thinking in planning the crew.
  • Options
    Admiral_CAdmiral_C ✭✭✭

An honest question: Do you yourself believe it when you write that?

because very few of us, if indeed any at all, do... The previous community manager did listen, but you have proved over and over again that you dont (or alternatively are so uninformed about the game mechanics that you dont begin to understand what is being said).

You pop into this forum a couple of times a week, look through treads and sprinkle in platitudes about listening, while openly ignoring literally hundreds of comments on the points you are asking for advice about.

For reference:

according to Marriam-Webster (not my favorite, but this is an American game...)

Listening:

1: to pay attention to sound

2: to hear something with thoughtful attention : give consideration

3: to be alert to catch an expected sound

So again, do you honestly believe that is what you are doing? Or do you know that you are just going through the motions so that the powers that be can pretend they care about player input?

• Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 5

- Better cards?
    - Components / Quipment?

The feature is not currently balanced properly. Linking gear type rewards to the skill check (ie: the current system) means we will always have too many Dip and Sec rewards and not enough of the other three skill types, especially Med. And this also includes the research and database quipment components; there is a clear bias on the database side of the rewards. The rewards need to be randomized AND evenly distributed, so there isn't an over abundance in one skill type or between the research/database components.

As things currently stand, there is less incentive to do multiple rounds of C-Missions (ie: spend dilithium), if you're just going to get the same rewards over and over again. Bylo's situation is a perfect example that if you make the wrong decision days, or even weeks, before you can end up in a hole you can't correct, no matter how much you spend. That's not good for anyone.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1495 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    Sven LundgrenSven Lundgren ✭✭✭✭✭

- Better cards?
    - Components / Quipment?

They are not mutually exclusive. Better quipment for some of the older cards would be welcome. Better cards that don't need great quipment to still be useful are also welcome.
  • Options
    Greetings Captains, Thank you all for the suggestions to improve the feature I'll pass notes to the team and update you if we are pushing upcoming changes.

If that's what you think @Admiral_C We will not argue with you.

LLAP
  • Options
    Greetings Captains, Thank you all for the suggestions to improve the feature I'll pass notes to the team and update you if we are pushing upcoming changes.

LLAP

I posted earlier a suggestion for a major improvement of the Continuum function without altering any of its present mechanics. It looks like everyone here agrees with this approach as a beneficial evolution. I also sent this as a suggestion via normal channels. A constructive response would be appreciated.
  • Options
    Kim_Novak.IIKim_Novak.II ✭✭✭✭
    [TLA] 84wb wrote: »
    It would be great to have something to so in the Continuum after the missions have been completed .. eg get extra quipment (MED?), beholds, whatever..

you can refresh/restart the missions for 50 dilith
  • Options

LLAP

I posted earlier a suggestion for a major improvement of the Continuum function without altering any of its present mechanics. It looks like everyone here agrees with this approach as a beneficial evolution. I also sent this as a suggestion via normal channels. A constructive response would be appreciated.

And the crickets sing.