Home The Bridge

Ubiquitous queen and wasted citations

Who else is a member of the club? Wasted a citation because I actually relied on official information...

Sigh...

Is there anyone working there who can get anything right???

Comments

• Admiral_C wrote: »
    Who else is a member of the club? Wasted a citation because I actually relied on official information...

Sigh...

Is there anyone working there who can get anything right???
    I used a cite, too.
  • Greetings Captains,
    we notified the team regarding this issue, apologies for the inconvenience and more updates will follow. LLAP
  • Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn’t use a cite because I expected this to happen. Other players called it weeks ago. Sad that TPG could not foresee this.
  • PuknutiPuknuti ✭✭✭
    Also use citation. On 2 acc... Feel like idiot because I trust WRG. Again.
  • Admiral_CAdmiral_C ✭✭✭
    What was the prediction based on... Just the assumption that any communication from TPG is more likely to be wrong than right, or was there another clue that I missed?
  • dext74dext74 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ugh, same reaction. Can anyone the link where they specifically said it was 4 copies and not 5?
  • Admiral_CAdmiral_C ✭✭✭
    edited March 12
    I do not know how to link it, but the in-game message text from about a month ago read "The Ubiquitous Borg Queen is the new reward for the Epic level of Continuum Missions that went live Tuesday night. She will be the reward for 4 consecutive weeks (with this being week 1), giving players the chance to get 4 copies of her."

Incidentally, typing this just now, I noticed that whoever writes this copy uses capital letters almost as arbitrarily as Trump.
  • Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭
    Admiral_C wrote: »
    What was the prediction based on... Just the assumption that any communication from TPG is more likely to be wrong than right, or was there another clue that I missed?

I believe it was based on TPG’s recent performance and the fact that just about everything they’ve done with continuum missions to date has had errors.
  • Iknamur_Iknamur_ ✭✭✭
    https://forum.wickedrealmgames.com/stt/discussion/21111/continuum-missions-reward-portal-update#latest

This was the announcement, but they will probably just replace Ubiquitous Borg Queen with a different card today, easy fix.
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Used a cite but I'm working on the assumption that the Queen will be replaced with something else.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Salamander ParisSalamander Paris ✭✭✭✭
    Add me to the list that cited her up
  • ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't cite her, but only because I knew we had Advance Your Crew this week so I was planning on immortalising her as part of that. I'm very glad I waited.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

Right hand doesn't talk to left. Team in Europe does one thing, team in the US does a second hours later. They tell Nancy a week late so she announces the change as something new that already has happened.

If you expected this to be smooth, you haven't been paying attention to the game the last couple months. The only thing I was unsure of was would we get UBQ or a blank card because the new reward wasn't added to the vault in time.
  • Admiral_CAdmiral_C ✭✭✭
    While I generally expect them to mess up every announcement, the one thing they have been pretty consistent about (Picardgate not withstanding) is giving out 4, but not 5, copies of gold crew, so that we always need to use a citation to immortalize.

Silly me....

(BTW, do you think they actually have team in Europe??? From what I gather, they dont even know that there is a time-zone in Europe, so I very much did not expect them to have people there).
  • I used the same approach as ChaosChild. I am hoping for a new card.
  • Greetings captains, Apologies for the delay when switching the CM rewards. The reward has been changed back to the original planned 250 Dilithium. We apologize for the inconvenience and this small delay. LLAP
  • Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I generally expect them to mess up every announcement, the one thing they have been pretty consistent about (Picardgate not withstanding) is giving out 4, but not 5, copies of gold crew, so that we always need to use a citation to immortalize.

Silly me....

(BTW, do you think they actually have team in Europe??? From what I gather, they dont even know that there is a time-zone in Europe, so I very much did not expect them to have people there).

Our understanding is that Ben and Joe are in the US, the community managers are in Spain and most of the rest of the team is in Eastern Europe. CS is probably in East Asia somewhere (Phillippines likely).
  • Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    Greetings captains, Apologies for the delay when switching the CM rewards. The reward has been changed back to the original planned 250 Dilithium. We apologize for the inconvenience and this small delay. LLAP

At least it's dil, not changing to a new card mid week. That would cause even more headaches for those who rushed to claim the fifth copy.
  • Greetings captains, Apologies for the delay when switching the CM rewards. The reward has been changed back to the original planned 250 Dilithium. We apologize for the inconvenience and this small delay. LLAP

Well now I feel dumb trying to quickly get to that 5th copy only for it to change over like this
  • General MortarsGeneral Mortars ✭✭✭✭

h6ay5gaisjwg.png

5842 days to catch up with the Artifact.
    It's a shame that we didn't get a new crew to replace UBQ, but it's probably just as well. Dilithium is the safe option at this point.
    It's already announced on Big Book.
    It's already announced on Big Book.

Which one are you referring to?
    ChaosChild wrote: »
    Which one are you referring to?

Sorry, false alarm. I thought it was Peldor Joi Kira. Either I misread the info, or it was changed in the last couple days.
  • Salamander ParisSalamander Paris ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 13
    It was changed, I saw it too.
  • AndrewAndrew ✭✭✭
    Greetings captains, Apologies for the delay when switching the CM rewards. The reward has been changed back to the original planned 250 Dilithium. We apologize for the inconvenience and this small delay. LLAP

Wait, so now those of us that really wanted a 5th copy of the Queen and have been spending resources this week trying to get that reward are out of luck and will have to use a citation we don't have to finish a character that, had we finished yesterday, we could have had free and clear?

Change it back, please. This is not fair to those of us who didn't spend a citation. Please do not change rewards mid-week.
  • AndrewAndrew ✭✭✭

Well now I feel dumb trying to quickly get to that 5th copy only for it to change over like this

I feel gyped. Now I need to save up 50,000 honor for something I was just about to earn for free?
  • AndrewAndrew ✭✭✭
    ChaosChild wrote: »
    Andrew wrote: »

Wait, so now those of us that really wanted a 5th copy of the Queen and have been spending resources this week trying to get that reward are out of luck and will have to use a citation we don't have to finish a character that, had we finished yesterday, we could have had free and clear?

Change it back, please. This is not fair to those of us who didn't spend a citation. Please do not change rewards mid-week.

You would have had to complete it much quicker than yesterday. It was changed back to what was previously advertised less than 12 hours after this week's continuum started.

It would be nice if WRG could stop making mistakes in the first place, but at least this one got fixed quickly and unambiguously.

Did it? It was still showing up for me as the queen this morning. Huh. Guess that's a glitch on my end, then. I have been laboring under a misapprehension