Home The Bridge

Ubiquitous queen and wasted citations

2»

Comments

• General MortarsGeneral Mortars ✭✭✭✭
    It only changed after restarting the game.
  • ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    Placard wrote: »
    Long time player and lurker, first time poster. Been here through seemingly every major controversy but this one really rubbed me wrong way. Spent too many resources and exhausted my med stash chasing the fifth copy that was still shown as the reward as of last night. As there was no in game communication about it being an error, I powered through fully expecting the fifth copy only to be greeted with 250 dilitium. I've not been this frustrated with Timelines since the privacy data controversy and this feels close to the final straw for me. I don't understand why they would snatch away this reward at this stage. From my perspective only right thing would be to award everyone another copy and possibly a citation for those who felt mislead.

If you're a "long-time lurker" then you would have known about this on Tuesday, from this very thread. Which is when the issue was corrected. Also, the initial in-game communication made it clear to expect 4 copies. Your failure to put two and two together is really on you at this point.
  • ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    ChaosChild wrote: »
    Long time player and lurker, first time poster. Been here through seemingly every major controversy but this one really rubbed me wrong way. Spent too many resources and exhausted my med stash chasing the fifth copy that was still shown as the reward as of last night. As there was no in game communication about it being an error, I powered through fully expecting the fifth copy only to be greeted with 250 dilitium. I've not been this frustrated with Timelines since the privacy data controversy and this feels close to the final straw for me. I don't understand why they would snatch away this reward at this stage. From my perspective only right thing would be to award everyone another copy and possibly a citation for those who felt mislead.

If you're a "long-time lurker" then you would have known about this on Tuesday, from this very thread. Which is when the issue was corrected. Also, the initial in-game communication made it clear to expect 4 copies. Your failure to put two and two together is really on you at this point.

Ahhh. The two constants of star trek timelines.

1. Careless mistakes made by the devs that lead to player animosity and burn out.
    2. White knights on the forums eager to gaslight those who are brave enough to call wrg staff.

@ChaosChild one thing is certain. Players like @Placard did not screw this up. It would be helpful to the forum and community if people such as yourself could look at the situation with a more critical eye.

Go back over my previous posts, on this and pretty much any other subject. I'm pretty far from being a white knight for WRG, I'm usually pretty eager to call them out when they screw up (as I did here). But in this case they did pretty much everything right once they realised they'd messed up, fixed it quickly in the best way possible. If people still didn't notice, 4 days after the fix went live, that's on them not WRG.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    dext74 wrote: »
    Seems like the fault isn't so much the incorrect reward, as it is the fact that it didn't update to the correction unless players restarted the game. I wonder if there's a way they could build in a forced restart to push out to the game for these instances when changes are made so that someone doesn't have the app open for 4-5 days after a fix was deployed and they're unaware of it.

There are many platforms, do not assume they were all fixed at once.
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    dext74 wrote: »
    Seems like the fault isn't so much the incorrect reward, as it is the fact that it didn't update to the correction unless players restarted the game. I wonder if there's a way they could build in a forced restart to push out to the game for these instances when changes are made so that someone doesn't have the app open for 4-5 days after a fix was deployed and they're unaware of it.

My game resets a couple of times per day by itself. I assumed that was normal. I also reset the game before node solving in FBB. The game is generally slow on chain updates.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • AndrewAndrew ✭✭✭
    edited March 19

Yes, this is what happened to me. It was the mistaken appearance of the wrong reward lingering for days that really caused the issue; the appearance they had changed their minds because it lasted longer than a blip.