Home The Bridge

This was YOUR mistake, Tilting Point, not ours

Wildstar19Wildstar19 ✭✭✭✭
edited June 5 in The Bridge
Since it's been a few hours & everyone is apparently afraid to say anything, I'll bite the bullet.

Tilting Point: the 65 dil 10x pack today was YOUR error - it was your mistake. You screwed up. You posted the offer - whether it was a mistake or not, that's 100% on YOU.

You, Tilting Point - have 2 options: Option 1 is the good / moral choice. Option 2 is the evil, greedy, and immoral choice.

Your choices, Tilting Point:

1) say "our bad! we made a mistake. it's on us." no punishments or penalties will ensue to the players.

2) punish anyone (or a select few) who took part in it - either monetarily (Di lithium) or by banning them, or some other form of penalty.

I've been playing since 2016. Never in this game's history have you chosen Option 1. You've always chosen Option 2.

So what's it gonna be, Tilting Point? Show everyone who you are.
Hurry up before those things eat Guy!

Comments

• Wildstar19Wildstar19 ✭✭✭✭
    Was this really a post that was needed? Just an aggressive, confrontational post? Your post history is full of these, so at least it's on brand.

And I don't feel sorry for it, not for one second. And yes, it was necessary to get ahead of them, before they act, so it can be public.

TBH, your comment was confrontational towards me - for some reason - although I don't know you - how ironic.
    Seems like you're just itching for a scrape, with either the developers or other players. Again, pretty on brand.

lol. okay. I don't care what you think of me, at all. None. Judge & hate away. I'm unphased.
    edited June 5
    Wildstar: abusing the the 65 dil 10x pack today was YOUR decision - it was your choice. You were greedy. You abused the bugged offer- whether it was TP's mistake or not, that's 100% on YOU.

You, Wildstar - have 2 options: Option 1 is the good / moral choice. Option 2 is the evil, greedy, and immoral choice.

Your choices, Wildstar:

1) say "my bad! i tried to capitalize on a mistake. it's on me." accept whatever punishments or penalties will ensue to those who knowing exploited over X number of packs.

2) make asinine threads pretending that you have have no personal agency or responsibility for acting like a fool.

I've been playing since 2018. Never in this game's history have the kind of people who make these threads chosen Option 1. You've always chosen Option 2.

So what's it gonna be, Wildstar? Show everyone who you are.
    Wildstar: abusing the the 65 dil 10x pack today was YOUR decision - it was your choice. You were greedy. You abused the bugged offer- whether it was TP's mistake or not, that's 100% on YOU.

You, Wildstar - have 2 options: Option 1 is the good / moral choice. Option 2 is the evil, greedy, and immoral choice.

Your choices, Wildstar:

1) say "my bad! i tried to capitalize on a mistake. it's on me." accept whatever punishments or penalties will ensue to those who knowing exploited over X number of packs.

2) make asinine threads pretending that you have have no personal agency or responsibility for acting like a fool.

I've been playing since 2018. Never in this game's history have the kind of people who make these threads chosen Option 1. You've always chosen Option 2.

lol. Yeah, no, it doesn't work like that. Nice try. If there's a public offer, it's the responsibility of the one putting out the offer to make sure it's correct, not the ones who are purchasing it. If you walked into a store and they had a sign that said 50% OFF! and you went to the checkout and got 50% off - that's on the business, not the consumer. The consumer did nothing immoral.

It's amusing to see this turn into a personal attack. It's like the whistleblower getting hated on for exposing the abuses of the company they worked for, by other workers.

Did I prick your conscience?
  • Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭
    Option 3: revert the packs back to 65 dilith

This would really make it feel like a player’s choice.
  • Kim_Novak.IIKim_Novak.II ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't really care about cards but more about the honour
  • PompeyMagnusPompeyMagnus ✭✭✭✭
    I think it would be kinda harsh to punish customers for TP's error.
  • edited June 5

Your choices, Wildstar:

HAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

What a total smooch youve planted on wrg bens glutes. Hard to tell where you end and he begins, if you catch my drift.

If WRG bans people because the people gave them the dilithium that was advertised as the price, then, thats pretty darn petty. Cant be more than 10,000 people who play this game, they didnt lose anything especially considering the mega dilithium that can be earned through the offer wall (olay anyone?)

But seriously automaton200 (see what i did there?) you need to stay in your lane and stop defending a company thats making ridiculously bad business decisions.
  • It wasn't a "Baby Doll" Chapel was it?
  • AndrewAndrew ✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    Even the NYSE will reverse trades that were done when a bug causes a stock price to be wrong.

Dang. If only Gotham city's stock exchange worked that way, Christian Bale Batman would still be a billionaire...
    edited June 6

Your choices, Wildstar:

So you are basically saying that ALL the player who bought packs at 65, no matter how many, are greedy?! That is a LOT of players! Pretty bold statement 🤨
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    I slept through all of this and woke up to the sights and smells of the bonfire and the sounds of the pitchforks being sharpened so all I really have to say is thank goodness at least that this upcoming event is a skirmish, that will limit the damage to the leaderboard that would be much worse for a galaxy or faction event when a small percentage of the players had the ability to immortalize all the cards beforehand at pennies-on-the-dollar prices.
  • Seems like you're just itching for a scrape, with either the developers or other players. Again, pretty on brand.

Hiding behind a guest account?
  • Fi®3wallFi®3wall ✭✭✭
    Many many many players abused this. I put a ticket in to get two of the three citations I used on Jadzia refunded since her packs were 90% discounted, and my customer service rep is lying and saying players were charged 650 when I know for a fact that 65 dilithium was deducted. uqc9quxxr5yr.jpeg
  • CalhounCalhoun ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it would be kinda harsh to punish customers for TP's error.

And yet some customers are being punished anyway; some players exploited an offer which others did not have access to due to the relatively short time window. Either way, there is a level of unfairness.
  • Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bylo Band wrote: »
    I slept through all of this and woke up to the sights and smells of the bonfire and the sounds of the pitchforks being sharpened so all I really have to say is thank goodness at least that this upcoming event is a skirmish, that will limit the damage to the leaderboard that would be much worse for a galaxy or faction event when a small percentage of the players had the ability to immortalize all the cards beforehand at pennies-on-the-dollar prices.

It’s actually a galaxy event. Not sure if it’ll have a huge impact.
  • AndrewAndrew ✭✭✭
    FWIW I will say that at least on my account the price for the "Buy 10" was listed as "65 dilithium" not just the buy again tab. I think this is a distinction worth noting because when I first clicked on the purchase it "65" not "650" and didn't say "650" until later in the day.

This was true for me as well.
    It could have been much worse(for those who missed out)

It could have been a faction event & the card in question could have been Torres