Home The Bridge

This was YOUR mistake, Tilting Point, not ours

2»

Comments

• cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    It could have been much worse(for those who missed out)

It could have been a faction event & the card in question could have been Torres

I'm still bummed I missed out on the deal. I'd have bought some at that as I would like Dax.

Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭
    Greetings All Captains, It was never out intention to revert or set those original price packages on the Preview Screen. A minor Setup mistake set the "Buy again pack" to 65 instead of the original Price, but the Preview of the pack was indeed the correct price. We apologize for the inconvenience and will reach out to the team for further action if possible. No need for aggressive or offensive comments to the devs or the team in general Captains. LLAP

The first two sentences don’t make much sense to me (I believe that the 65 dil price was actually honored).

What is meant by “will reach out to the team for further action if possible”? That sounds problematic.
  • Riley600Riley600 ✭✭✭
    Greetings All Captains, It was never out intention to revert or set those original price packages on the Preview Screen. A minor Setup mistake set the "Buy again pack" to 65 instead of the original Price, but the Preview of the pack was indeed the correct price. We apologize for the inconvenience and will reach out to the team for further action if possible. No need for aggressive or offensive comments to the devs or the team in general Captains. LLAP

As others have noted, this isn't entirely correct. The price of the pack showed 65 dilithium on both the main Time Portal Purchase screen as well as the Buy Again button.
  • Kim_Novak.IIKim_Novak.II ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is happening with this @STT Community ?

Are yo
    With the honour sale today, those that had access to it have a MASSIVE advantage
    Revert the price for the last day or so
  • AndrewAndrew ✭✭✭
    Advantage in what?
  • We've had some steeply discounted sales in the past.
    Andrew wrote: »
    Advantage in what?

I think the implication was that people could easily convert 65 dilithium into around 1000 honor per bugged pack if they didn't keep any of the cards.

Honestly, the honor conversion rate is so terrible I don't see that as a massive advantage for an honor spending sale... you would have to buy around 2600 dilithium worth of bugged packs to convert it into enough honor for just for one 40k honor begold/citation. Some people who buy the big dilithium sale packs a few times a year and just sit on them might be able to really cash in, but for everybody else that's a pretty big chunk of their spare dilithium.
  • Kim_Novak.IIKim_Novak.II ✭✭✭✭✭
    We've had some steeply discounted sales in the past.
    Advantage in what?

I think the implication was that people could easily convert 65 dilithium into around 1000 honor per bugged pack if they didn't keep any of the cards.

Honestly, the honor conversion rate is so terrible I don't see that as a massive advantage for an honor spending sale... you would have to buy around 2600 dilithium worth of bugged packs to convert it into enough honor for just for one 40k honor begold/citation. Some people who buy the big dilithium sale packs a few times a year and just sit on them might be able to really cash in, but for everybody else that's a pretty big chunk of their spare dilithium.

IMO, That is not a lot of dilith for what you are getting!!
  • Admiral HessAdmiral Hess ✭✭✭
    I personally was unaffected by this glitch, but I can offer up my experiences as a web developer for many ecommerce sites. The rule here in New York is that if a website displays an item at an "incorrect" price, but the item is subsequently purchased at that price, the vendor (website store owner) has to honor that price. They can't force the customer to pay extra after the fact. The only legal loophole is that if the item has not been shipped yet, the store can claim "out of stock" and refund the full charge back to the customer. But once it's on it's way, the vendor has to eat the error.

I had a client who managed their own pricing and discounts, and due to a clerical error, a set of items wound up at 55% off instead of 15%. The mistake was made on a Thursday, ran all weekend, and not discovered until Monday afternoon, after some of the product had been shipped. They corrected the error, and for the unshipped orders, contacted the customers and claimed an "inadvertent sell out" of the items, and issued them a full refund. But for the 24 orders that were shipped - well, let's just say someone in that company wasn't getting a Christmas bonus that year.

In the case here at WRG, it was a display-only typo, but the actual charge was correct. No real transactional issues here, just bad advertising. However, had the actual cost been affected, and it was really only charging 65 dilithium instead of 650, then from a business standpoint this is not an exploit in the system, but rather sloppy product pricing maintenance. Anyone who took advantage of that 90% off sale should not (and cannot legally) be punished, as the responsibility solely lies with the web company.

Just my two cents from someone who's been in both sides of this issue.
  • [GoT] Gabe [GoT] Gabe ✭✭✭✭
    In the case here at WRG, it was a display-only typo, but the actual charge was correct. No real transactional issues here, just bad advertising. However, had the actual cost been affected, and it was really only charging 65 dilithium instead of 650, then from a business standpoint this is not an exploit in the system, but rather sloppy product pricing maintenance. Anyone who took advantage of that 90% off sale should not (and cannot legally) be punished, as the responsibility solely lies with the web company.

As previously stated by other players, it wasn't a display-only typo. Folks actually got the packs for 65 dil. I know quite a few players who can attest to this fact.

The Guardians of Tomorrow
    Protecting the Galaxy's Future from Itself
    Fleet Admiral

For more info on us, check our wiki page:
    https://sttwiki.org/wiki/Fleet_Guardians_of_Tomorrow

GoT Bot server: https://discord.gg/R8QzpjW
    All are welcome to join and use the Bot.
  • DAEDAE ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 21
    Im a bit late to the party here. I know. But having read through all of the comments….
    I can see why the thread was started with good reason to pre-empt the need for post-punishment pitchforks. However the original tone was aggressive therefore much of thread has been aggressive.
    Note: There are a few comments from stt community and CS on this matter. They are telling different stories…
    Fi®3wall wrote: »
    Many many many players abused this. I put a ticket in to get two of the three citations I used on Jadzia refunded since her packs were 90% discounted, and my customer service rep is lying and saying players were charged 650 when I know for a fact that 65 dilithium was deducted. uqc9quxxr5yr.jpeg
    The majority of game representatives only know what they were told. I dont believe it is their intent to lie, but they cant even get their own story straight and this is an ongoing issue that frustrates players. Sometimes if you kindly point out to your CS rep that have been misinformed, it can make a difference and also provide more information that is lacking on there end to promote change in how they are instructed to handle that current issue.
    As for our forum community rep, statement, The issue should have been thoroughly researched before posting a “factual” with mistaken facts comments. I would suggest again that a comment stating “we are checking into what has happened” is all the forum needs to know someone is on the job until the answers are found and correct information relayed.

I can confirm also the pack in the portal was set at 65 dilithium and charging 65 dilithium. The pop up “do you wish to spend 65 dilithium” was present on both original and buy again purchase.
    Previews… pop up in our face and are immediately exited to play the game. Most people look at previews in the event hub when they wish to interact with it viewing the rewards and upcoming event info. The event pack is not live and there is no purchasable pack at the time of viewing. Most players go to the portal for purchases where all of the packs are visualized at once. There is no way to know…unless you've been here a long time that this is an obvious error.
    At the end of the day people make mistakes and typos. That is human. But when you reach out to clarify what is really going on with a mistake, it is further compounded by mistaken misinformed statements. This causes continued frustration and anger.
  • SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Errors like this aren’t new. A
    Bylo Band wrote: »
    I slept through all of this and woke up to the sights and smells of the bonfire and the sounds of the pitchforks being sharpened

Probably the best quote to come out of this thread. :-)

Ah, this has me flashing back to those fond memories of other debacles like “Picardgate” and the five alarm dumpster fire that ensued. 😆
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • AndrewAndrew ✭✭✭
    Ah, this has me flashing back to those fond memories of other debacles like “Picardgate” and the five alarm dumpster fire that ensued. 😆

Do tell!
  • *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    I seem to remember a "buy again" dil scandal from a few years ago. The "buy again" button was broken. Once I figured out its was a bug, I didn't spend any of it, reported myself to Shan, still got banned for 48 hours. Wear it like a badge of honor.... :D:)
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • I seem to remember a "buy again" dil scandal from a few years ago. The "buy again" button was broken. Once I figured out its was a bug, I didn't spend any of it, reported myself to Shan, still got banned for 48 hours. Wear it like a badge of honor.... :D:)

Yeah, whether it was disruptor beam, tilting point, wicked realm games, or takes over next time, we can all be sure that the next controversy is just around the corner.

Cant wait to see how they decide to punish us for their next flub up.
  • AndrewAndrew ✭✭✭
    Well, the next flub-up was yesterday, where whatever was purchased seemed to get a random mega-multiplier. Players that purchased, say, the retrieval package ended up with multi-millions of credits and quantum. Although this time, players couldn't control it, it just happened to them.