Home The Bridge

Comments

• Umm... WRG - Where's the recurring Legendary (Spock) in the Threshold rewards next week?
    (Asking for a few thousand friends!)
  • This week's event has the recurring Spock at the 25k point...

40ic2zl9ns82.jpg

Next week?

• 7w0wy34oa771.jpg
  • Thank You captain! The team is aware and they will push a fix really soon. LLAP
  • I think I just straight up don't get how the voyage event works. How does the person in first place already have over 350k points? How is that possible? Are they hitting some combo I'm unaware of?
  • -:- AZ689-:- AZ689 ✭✭✭
    3h into the event an not even at 7000 VP.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is fast becoming my least favorite event type.
  • WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    Extreme babysitting for a couple hours, then boredom, and you fall way behind if you waste time doing things like sleeping between voyages. At least this week is a hybrid… next week is going to be cringy.
  • NoblemanDKNoblemanDK ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 17
    I think I just straight up don't get how the voyage event works. How does the person in first place already have over 350k points? How is that possible? Are they hitting some combo I'm unaware of?

Its easy if you pay and get lots of Fast Forwards getting so fast to encounters where the true VPs are...despite TPG(Or whatever they call themselves now) claim of more passive vps... Thats nothing we can feel.
    6 hours in and not even 20k vps(and yet in top 750) , making threshold impossible with this rate of VPs.

I just think i will skip them in the future
  • ShidoniShidoni ✭✭✭
    I think what a lot of people are missing is that you get more VP for every time tick the more event crew you have. I haven't used a single boost and I'm around rank 250 right now just by making my voyage using only Compromised crew. I used Datacore's "Themed Voyage" option to do this.

(I definitely will be nowhere near rank 250 by the time the event phase changes, by the way. I have a flexible enough work schedule to check every 2 hours right now, but when work ends and I'm taking care of a small child, not a chance. Such is life.)
  • So this last encounter it said I had 1000 VP times 11 which would be 11,000 points but I did not actually get 11,000 points in that encounter. I'm so confused. And I still don't know what the green numbers mean
  • CalhounCalhoun ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shidoni wrote: »
    I think what a lot of people are missing is that you get more VP for every time tick the more event crew you have. I haven't used a single boost and I'm around rank 250 right now just by making my voyage using only Compromised crew. I used Datacore's "Themed Voyage" option to do

Probably because people are used to Skirmishes, where you only need one relevant crew to get the bonus, and it does not stack with multiple eligible crew.

Where something works differently to what is already well established, it needs to be very clearly communicated.
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it also doesn’t help that the crew sorting rules aren’t clear (or perhaps better to say “not optimized to the event type”). There are lots of ways to rate crew for this style - by skill base score, by total voyage power, by gauntlet rolls (either peak or total), by AM bonus (or equivalently by event bonus status), maybe something else too. I’m not sure which of these, if any, are being used by the selection screen.

On one hand, this produces variance in VP outcomes across players, so that’s fine for staggering our rankings. On the other hand, it produces frustration when we don’t feel like our crew are producing the kinds of results we’ve come to expect from other events and other game features. We’ll learn, I suppose, but it seems like a lot of us (myself included) haven’t grasped it yet.
  • Does the reward multiplier not count towards VP? It doesn't seem like it does. If not what is it for? I was thinking it was for VP this whole time. Collecting VP is glacial with these voyage events