Home The Bridge
Options

Diary of a frustrated player...

VioletBlueVioletBlue ✭✭✭
edited December 2017 in The Bridge
hour 0: Start with gauntlet. Unlucky crits. Darn it. Bad rounds selection. What the wow in the world. Lost 5/5.
Ok. Let's send voyage & Sending all 4 shuttles

hour 2: Voyage with standard dilemma with green crew

hour 3:Shuttles are back. yes.... failed 4/4. Darn it. Better luck next time. Send 4 more shuttles

hour 4: Voyage with another standard dilemma. sure.
But Gauntlet time! I feel luckier this time. What the... 45% crits and still lost? lost another 4/4 mirror match. Urggg...

hour 5:Nothing to do. Let's open 5 premium portals. Santa DB gonna give me 2 legendary.
30s later.... Seriously!!! Another 5 duplicates behold?? airlock them - at least I got honor points.

hour 6:Shuttles are back. OMG 3/4 failed. Send 4 more shuttles & they'll do better
Voyages dilemma and another green crew reward.

hour 7:Voyage run out of AM. Didn't pay attention.. ok refill!!

hour 15:Shuttles are back. Yes, I am pretty sure I am gonna get bunch of holoprograms so I can lvl my crews. WT!!? another 3/4 failed?? *GRRR*

hour 16:Voyage dilemma... WHAT? 16hr voyage and ANOTHER green crew??!! 0 purple crew so far?? *ARGGGGH*

Maybe luckier with gauntlet this time? Unbelievable!!! several bad crits & ridiculous skill round selection again!?? *slam phone on sofa*

hour 17:Yes. 15 premium packs offer for $25. Offer I am finally waiting for!
3 minutes later.... HOLY $eH1T !! 13 purple beholds duplicate. 2 new purple to keep. What the... $25 dollar for crap??! *slam phone on the wall*

Next day... rinse and repeat.

Comments

• Options
    "It happens!"; "Bad luck!"

DB
  • Options
    Hour 8: Run 12 sets of cadet tickets to get science experiments/Terran emblems/2* IDICs/what have you. Only get 1 to drop.
    Proud Former Admiral of eXodus
    Proud Former Officer of The Gluten Empire

Retired 12-14-20. So long, and thanks for all the cat pics!
  • Options
    I feel your pain. I had a couple of events just like that, only of course they were four days long.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    Do you need some cheese and crackers to go with all that whine?

I've never experienced anything close to having all my shuttles fail 8 times in a row or have a 15 hour voyage without at least one purple crew, and I run very long voyages almost every day. Gauntlet is in large part random in its outcome, so that means you're going to lose sometimes.

I really think you made most of this up.
  • Options
    Nicole K wrote: »
    Do you need some cheese and crackers to go with all that whine?

I've never experienced anything close to having all my shuttles fail 8 times in a row or have a 15 hour voyage without at least one purple crew, and I run very long voyages almost every day. Gauntlet is in large part random in its outcome, so that means you're going to lose sometimes.

I really think you made most of this up.

Yes those are made up for your own pleasure, if you wish so.

But I failed my shuttles 3/4 most of the time. Few good times 2/4 failed. Rarely...when i am lucky i got better

Yes i did have one 16hr voyage with no purple. Most i have 1 purple at least. My voyages the last one week has been 'unlucky'.

I am no whale but did open many packs. Few days ago open 15 packs and 1 legendary crew, and other mostly went to airlock. And yes one time i opened 30 various portal packs (nor premium) and not a single legendary crew.

Yes I did win in gauntlet ... mostly by playing conservatively. But yes i did lose big chuck of my mirror matches and even after playing conservatively with due to absurd crits and odds. Yes, in few rare instance, i threw away the match and expected to lose, somehow i won.

Yes, those above i mentioned not happen in a single day of course, but many of those 'bad luck' happen to most of us daily.

I just think DB can make this game more exciting than depressing ones
  • Options
    Let me guess how this continues...

Hour 19: throw some more money at the game hoping that this will make the game different.

Hour 19 and 30 second: argh the game is still the same!

Hour 20: write a post on the forum to decry the state of things.

Hour 21: throw some more money at the screen. Again duplicates. Discard everything.

Hour 1, next day: wonder why DB doesn't change the broken game.

Hour 2, next day: throw some more money at the game. Maybe that will make the game different. Maybe this will convince DB to change the game.
    "Dance with me. For science."
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    I also have had a bad day...got a strange new worlds pack...got keeper on the first pull but right in the middle of the pull the game freezes. Relaunch and im not taken to my pull but instead orion vina is in place of the keeper and the 3 star crew are all different...sent a ticket!
  • Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least you had Vina, I did 4 pulls trying for keeper, got 3 Nevasa and 1 Gorn (Airlocked), 1 FF Behold (Airlocked).

I stopped doing the 10$, 25$ packs as they are always trash, just doing the monthly card now and the occasional DYC offer until the honor situation improves.

Jim
    DB: Do Better
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    I have a 2/5 Vina I wanted another star on and I really want The Keeper. RNG has been good to me lately so I plunked all my dil into packs.

The Romulan Commander x3
    M113 Creature x1
    The Gorn Captain x2 (already Immortalised).
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    VioletBlue wrote: »

Why are you buying so many packs every day? That seems expensive. Did you win the Lottery?

The Gauntlet gave me my 3rd Guinan yesterday. Also I finished first.

I also got a 10+ hour Voyage yesterday. I got 3 purples (9er's Kira is now 2/4) and over 1000 chrons.

I am tempted to buy the new pack because I need everything in it but I'm not sure I want to add more partially fused 4*'s to my roster at this time. Maybe after we see what next week's event is. I could use more Gorn Captains and Commander Non-Canon Character is hawt.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    The Great GornholioThe Great Gornholio ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Ivanstone wrote: »

Why are you buying so many packs every day? That seems expensive. Did you win the Lottery?

I also got a 10+ hour Voyage yesterday. I got 3 purples (9er's Kira is now 2/4) and over 1000 chrons.

I am tempted to buy the new pack because I need everything in it but I'm not sure I want to add more partially fused 4*'s to my roster at this time. Maybe after we see what next week's event is. I could use more Gorn Captains and Commander Non-Canon Character is hawt.

Commander Non-Canon Character? Her name may be non-canon, but she was in the Star Trek The Original Series episode "The Enterprise Incident"

00o583mgw1y8.png
  • Options
    Nicole KNicole K ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Data1001 wrote: »

Don't mind her. She likes to post all over the place how these forums are a terrible place with people being nasty to each other (not like UC where she spends much of her time, which is hilarious in itself), and in-between those posts about how mean we all are, she writes stuff like that.

Pv99zLl.gif

I write about how you all complain about things like how you think random means unfair. Random means the outcome of any two events are unrelated to each other. The game isn't out to screw you, but you shouldn't expect excellent outcomes every time that you play. Since what happens in any given game event or pull is unrelated to the next one, you have the same chances of an undesired outcome every time you play. They don't get better or worse just because you play more. Any perceived unfairness is due to perception bias and not having a large enough sample size. Over time, everyone is treated exactly the same. This is basic statistics:

The law of large numbers is a principle of probability according to which the frequencies of events with the same likelihood of occurrence even out, given enough trials or instances. As the number of experiments increases, the actual ratio of outcomes will converge on the theoretical, or expected, ratio of outcomes.

For example, if a fair coin (where heads and tails come up equally often) is tossed 1,000,000 times, about half of the tosses will come up heads, and half will come up tails. The heads-to-tails ratio will be extremely close to 1:1. However, if the same coin is tossed only 10 times, the ratio will likely not be 1:1, and in fact might come out far different, say 3:7 or even 0:10.

The law of large numbers is sometimes referred to as the law of averages and generalized, mistakenly, to situations with too few trials or instances to illustrate the law of large numbers. This error in logic is known as the gambler’s fallacy.
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    HOW IN THE WORLD did no one comment on the misspelling of diary in the title... oh man!
  • Options
    IrialIrial ✭✭✭✭
    Yateball wrote: »
    HOW IN THE WORLD did no one comment on the misspelling of diary in the title... oh man!

Ummm ... did you not see this post:
    Morn wrote: »
    I expected something completed different from this thread. Clearly mislabeled title, I expected a civilized conversation regarding dairy products.
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Irial wrote: »
    Yateball wrote: »

Ummm ... did you not see this post:
    I expected something completed different from this thread. Clearly mislabeled title, I expected a civilized conversation regarding dairy products.

haha yes I did... Guess I just did a quick scroll looking for less subtle call outs... damn
  • Options

Haha... Thank you. Great to have someone actually notice it. I put that as a joke (Becuase in general our brian can raed this massage just fine) also to see if people will notice that or instead start attacking the threads.
  • Options
    Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a 2/5 Vina I wanted another star on and I really want The Keeper. RNG has been good to me lately so I plunked all my dil into packs.

The Romulan Commander x3
    M113 Creature x1
    The Gorn Captain x2 (already Immortalised).

At least you got the Romulan. I got 3 Gorns and 3 M113s, both of which I have immortalized. That's at least ten tries for the Keeper with no joy. I'll still probably try again (what's that definition of insanity?)
  • Options
    Ivanstone wrote: »

I don't buy a lot of packs but I do wish I won lottery.

The one I spent 30 packs was when they have various packs around the time they had Michael B released I think. I don't remember when was the last time I got legendary crew from event pack using dils. These days I wait for 15 or 25 premium packs offers only, but I only got few of them because I don't get good pulls typically. Tp me only legendary crew is valuable since purple you can get most of them from event
  • Options

Don't mind her. She likes to post all over the place how these forums are a terrible place with people being nasty to each other (not like UC where she spends much of her time, which is hilarious in itself), and in-between those posts about how mean we all are, she writes stuff like that.

Pv99zLl.gif

Interesting that you have plenty of time to read other people thread and write something like this about them. But you also failed to mention about the good post other people post either. How convenient....

I don't know what you definition of nasty actually.... where do I post saying how other people including you are mean. In fact, you are actually one of the NASTIEST people in this forum. Going around reading other people thread and say how nasty they are
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭

Pv99zLl.gif

Interesting that you have plenty of time to read other people thread and write something like this about them. But you also failed to mention about the good post other people post either. How convenient....

I don't know what you definition of nasty actually.... where do I post saying how other people including you are mean. In fact, you are actually one of the NASTIEST people in this forum. Going around reading other people thread and say how nasty they are

I don't believe he was referring to you in that context, but one of your detractors.
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol, an argument based on the subtlety of jokes at the expense of misspelled words. Only on the internet.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have never known Data to be nasty. Perhaps sarcastic when someone is being ridiculous but that’s totalky understandable. And yes, his post was referring to your detractor and was actually in support of you.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have edited the title of this thread.
    I would also like to remind every one of the Community Guidelines.

If you have nothing to contribute to a thread or are unable to disagree respectfully, than take move on and do not post. Thanks!
  • Options
    Shan wrote: »
    I have edited the title of this thread.
    I would also like to remind every one of the Community Guidelines.

If you have nothing to contribute to a thread or are unable to disagree respectfully, than take move on and do not post. Thanks!

Thanks Shan! I agree, people should move on if they don't like the post. They shouldn't bother to read them in the first place.

People venting frustration are healthy (unless you tell me never get frustrated in life) and some people try to be half glass full kind of people in their post. But all the negativity arise because ppl respond with negative comments unnecessarily and make it something else.