Home The Bridge
Options

Diary of a frustrated player...

124»

Comments

• Options
    Nicole K wrote: »
    This thread is fake news. The OP admitted he just listed a bunch if bad stuff that happened to him and made up (lied) about them happening all in one day. I cannot trust any of his details.

The conversation moved away from the original "fake news" you mention a long time ago and onto a more general discussion of game fairness, especially in faction events.

There could be a time when I opened 30 packs without getting legendary crews, and my shuttles/gauntlet did slightly better. But then what? it is True in general that this so called bad luck or unfair distribution or whatever people call it, happens in general daily to many people.

Maybe people don't have good gauntlet crews or not good enough crew for shuttes so they didn't see this as problem to begin with. Or maybe they do have better 'luck' or maybe they don't care.
  • Options
    Just curious when we do the episode missions, travel to a mission, choose our crew and complete the missions aren't we watching the "RNG"? You can go through every episode, every difficulty using your the best crew an would succeed 100% with no fail. If these event shuttle missions are basically episode missions with time added to them why isn't the RNG playing out the same way? If we did the same episode missions and warped they never fail.

So why does the RNG in episode missions based on crew level (as it should ) but when we do the events shuttles the RNG is then based on what?
  • Options
    Shuttle missions are not like episode missions. They have a percentage rating. Episode missions have a fixed skill rating you need to hit.
  • Options
    This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Although missions used to be rng bases so on epic you would struggle to hit high rolls, critical it, and still not get the reward. The struggle was real back then.
  • Options
    @GIB If within that percentage your still using your highest crew then shouldn't the outcome be the same. @(FF) This Sisko1 I do remember that annoyance.
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    LondonOne wrote: »
    @GIB If within that percentage your still using your highest crew then shouldn't the outcome be the same. @(FF) This Sisko1 I do remember that annoyance.

Shuttles continue to increase in difficulty whereas Away Missions have a fixed difficulty rating. Some folks theorize that the difficulty can rise infinitely as you progress, though I think there is a ceiling somewhere it's just incredibly high.

• Options
    I'd say something but it's completely against the rules of this forum to point out what the problem is with this game. So I guess I'll just have to leave it at that. Sorry folks.
    239 Immortalized
    Gametag: ECH
  • Options
    [BL] Q [BL] Q ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd say something but it's completely against the rules of this forum to point out what the problem is with this game. So I guess I'll just have to leave it at that. Sorry folks.

Is the clue in your name? 🤔
  • Options
    RNGeverythingRNGeverything ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    [BL] Q wrote: »

Is the clue in your name? 🤔

That's part of it. I especially loved it when they RNG'd the offers people get. That was a great addition to an already pis.......I'll just go ahead and <Snip> this.
    239 Immortalized
    Gametag: ECH
  • Options
    Hope_FHope_F ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    " There is no guarantee that any individual player's experience will align with the stated odds, but this is in no way an indication that the system as a whole is not functioning correctly."

Excerpt from a PS statement. So, we're actually complaining for nothing since they admit that the result will not conform with the odds stated.

DB can feel free to play for a sucker whoever they want. Statistics is well equipped to provide prove beyond reasonable doubt. Ultimately it's just a question of sample size. Here on the forums it will be on display for everybody to see and everybody to draw their own consequences from it. Besides, it is not that a statistical proof must be the end of it. One could for example inform google (or wherever you play) that odds are presented wrongly (I am sure those platforms won't like that at all) or find among those playing those who are willing to go for a class action suit. But the best thing one could do is taking away what they care most about: Our money. I was paying month cards, but now I stopped providing even a penny, since I don't throw money at a company who just ignores legitimate concerns. Just think about it: first hundreds, then thousands joining in doing the same thing. There is always a tipping point where those things come off an ignore list and onto a to-do-list pretty quickly :)

Sadly, P2W is set up in such a way that the players paying most (the whales and baby whales) are not concerned with unfairness within the game at all and they are the players having all the power over the developer. P2W is a cancer on the gaming industry, but the gaming community on average too gullible to start any meaningful cure!
  • Options
    This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    FYI Hope has detailed events and has documented 662! Runs. Please contribute in the engineering post he created. I will try more often. Since I started fully tracking on Saturday, my actual percent was 86 and my shown was 93 percent. This does not include my 7/12 start when I got annoyed and stopped focusing on it lol