Home The Bridge
Options

When is forced upgrade? Upgrade live

WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2017 in The Bridge
3b5g7qth4b8c.png
I am still waiting for new voyage achievements and daily mission.

Comments

• Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some time next week, do not worry we will let you know :)
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Shan
  • Options
    Count on it happening between events. Anything bad happens and far less player anguish will ensue.
  • Options
    Definitely waiting on this, as I am ready for the new achievements.
  • Options
    That is when it will be safe to recall with any amount of antimatter remaining, yes? And when the loot tables will change to more crew/credits & less chrons?
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    That is when it will be safe to recall with any amount of antimatter remaining, yes? And when the loot tables will change to more crew/credits & less chrons?

I believe if you are using the new version, the only thing is, you will not fail if you have antimatter and can hit recall (recall disappears during a hazard)

The other part about rewards I think is in the future not for this upgrade. Maybe Shan can respond to that point.

Edit: I reread post . It does sound like the rewards will be slightly changed on voyages with forced upgrade.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Count on it happening between events. Anything bad happens and far less player anguish will ensue.

Which would mean Tuesday (not yet, as of this writing) or Wednesday, perhaps in conjunction with the Event tab appearing.

Any news on this front, @Shan ? Thanks in advance. 🖖🏻
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭

Which would mean Tuesday (not yet, as of this writing) or Wednesday, perhaps in conjunction with the Event tab appearing.

Any news on this front, @Shan ? Thanks in advance. 🖖🏻

+1
    Am wondering if plan is still for this week

• Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    The forced upgrade should still happen this week, yes.
    I do not have confirmation on the date, it will be announced via forum post and in-game mail as well.
    The changes to Voyages will also happen this week, likewise it will be announced here and via in-game mail :)
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks again Shan
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, Shan.
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan, what will happen to Voyages running when the Voyages update occurs?
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last time the voyages were immediately returned and we got a bunch of chronotons.
  • Options
    That was the forced recall if Voyages due to an Error that prevented many from being able to bring their ships back themselves..

I'd be surprised if the same happened with the forced client update..
  • Options
    Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    That was the forced recall if Voyages due to an Error that prevented many from being able to bring their ships back themselves..

I agree. And the changes have been made on the back end already, just not enabled. DB usually does this, updates the server, rolls out the client, then waits to flip on game changing features until they restrict access to old clients that don't have the code to interact with the changes.

Shuttles have never been affected by these, updates, there's no reason to expect voyages to be (significantly) affected either.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree. And the changes have been made on the back end already, just not enabled. DB usually does this, updates the server, rolls out the client, then waits to flip on game changing features until they restrict access to old clients that don't have the code to interact with the changes.

Shuttles have never been affected by these, updates, there's no reason to expect voyages to be (significantly) affected either.

Shuttles run their RNG at the start to establish success/failure and rewards. They just sit there waiting for the timer to end. Voyages need to run RNG constantly because DB doesn't know when you'll recall(unless they run RNG out for 72 hours up front). So a loot table change mid-voyage could affect the voyage you are currently running. That may or may not be a problem and it's unclear how DB will handle it. It's also unclear if they preserve state of the pri/sec skill of the VOY to survive the changes. if not then they'll need to do something to prevent everyone from suddenly having bad skill matches on their VOY.
  • Options
    Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    You make good points. I'd be most concerned over the loot tables, but we do know how unintended consequences tend to happen with these updates.

Also, the timer and sync issues is why I added the significantly affected caveat to voyages. I can definitely see some wierdness happening.

and since I just sent one that should hit 8 hours with no problems, Murphey should be intervening, causing DB to roll out the update shortly, voyages to go off the rails and DB to force-recall again.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Shan. I guess tomorrow the 2 new achievements and 1 daily activity for voyages will become available.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have not read the announcement ;)
    The 2 achievements are live but if you have already signed in today you will only see them tomorrow.

The daily activity is not live yet.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks again Shan.
  • Options
    Very disappointed that chronitons are being nerfed. I definitely won’t be spending dil on voyages anymore.
  • Options
    MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Er, Shan wasn't there supposed to be an increase to the crew drop rate as per Erin's post? Not that I'm sorry to see less 1*'s, but I've been hoping to get more 4*'s in the past-6hour Voyages.

Edit (how could I forget?): And where's the crew slots? ;)
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    It only took effect at noon EST time. They just started. I actually saw a reward of 15 Chrons. On my 8+ hr voyage. But they are reducing the amount of times one gets the Chron. reward. So the question is, are Chrons actually reduced. I also saw the standard 500 credit reward. So if credits are being increased it has to be from more occurring or dilemma gives them. I forgot to mention reduction in Chron could come from dilemmas.
  • Options
    Thanks for the updates Shan.

Well, the new voyage / RNG reclusive characters have totally killed my desire to collect all the characters in this game. No point anymore. Yesterday, I only had 3 characters in game I didn’t own (which included Guinan and Worf). Today, it’s nearly two rows.
    Proud Former Admiral of eXodus
    Proud Former Officer of The Gluten Empire

Retired 12-14-20. So long, and thanks for all the cat pics!
  • Options
    DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    WaldoMag wrote: »
    So if credits are being increased it has to be from more occurring or dilemma gives them. I forgot to mention reduction in Chron could come from dilemmas.

- Slightly increased chances to earn Credits, Training Programs, and Components.
    - 4 new Voyages exclusive crew have been added as on-time rewards. Experiment with Dilemmas and you might encounter them; tell us when you do!
    - Slightly decreased chances to earn 1* crew.
    - Slightly decreased chances to earn Chronitons on Voyages going past 4 hours.

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/2346/server-release-notes-changes-to-voyages-holiday-sale-and-more-12-20#latest

• Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Dralix
    I know the plan. However, when I see my voyage giving me 15 Chrons. When the max I ever saw before was 10 I am not sure what is going on. Are you telling me you have seen a reward of 15 Chron before.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    How many chrons are we going to lose with the changes? When I go eight hours I get 350-500 chrons. So how many will I lose now? 50? 100? 150?
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    WaldoMag wrote: »
    @Dralix
    I know the plan. However, when I see my voyage giving me 15 Chrons. When the max I ever saw before was 10 I am not sure what is going on. Are you telling me you have seen a reward of 15 Chron before.

No, I'm telling you what the official word was on two things you speculated about. If you had already read that post then my apologies.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Thanks Dralix

No need to apologize, having that link is great. Was just wondering with RNG I might have just never seen it before.

Edit: my voyage is in the 8hr to 10 hr range seems to consistently give me 15 Chron. when I get the chronitons reward and 100+500 credits when I get the double reward of credits.

Edit2: my voyage on my main account at 11.5hr mark just gave me 15 Chron. my guess is the new max reward for Chron (non-dilemma) is 15 Chron. Not sure at what hour mark it starts at.