Home The Bridge
Options

Results from a 20 Hour Voyage

I took advantage of the $9.99 dilithium offer and decided to put it toward the 20 hour Voyage achievement so that's off my to-do list. I forgot to make note of my refill costs. I can't even remember if I had to refill three times or four. But in case anyone is curious what kind of loot I picked up, here it is:

Crew
4* x4
3* x3
2* x6
1* x1

647 Honor
1532 Chronitons
91900 Credits

Replicator Rations
4* x52
3* x38

Training Holoprograms
5* x 226
4* x 76
3* x32

Slew of items and components, but none above 2* rarity.

Comments

• Options
    i am currently doing my 20 hour voyage and i m irritated to say the least that i havent gotten any 4 star crew.zero ,nada ...20 hours,20 hours .really?that wont happen again....just 3 measly 3 star crew.absolutely awful experience...b9lfaxm50upa.png
  • Options
    borg2004 wrote: »
    i am currently doing my 20 hour voyage and i m irritated to say the least that i havent gotten any 4 star crew.zero ,nada ...20 hours,20 hours .really?that wont happen again....just 3 measly 3 star crew.absolutely awful experience...b9lfaxm50upa.png

someone please post this screen on facebook. more people need to be aware of this bait and switch rip-off. now when the achievement reward is attractive, people are more likely to commit to a voyage with multiple refills, expecting a good amount of 4* crew like before the nerf. DB just can't quit their sleazy money grabs, claiming total transparency at the same time in those quickly thrown together apologetic emails. but who's surprised.
  • Options
    Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    borg2004 wrote: »

That's brutal.

RNG hasn't been kind to me lately either. Since the voyage update, I have not had a single 4* drop. Granted, I'm only doing 7 hour voyages but I expect to get a better 3rd dilemma than repeated 2* crew.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    My own 20 hour voyage is on the way home now. I was pretty disappointed in the 4* crew drops overall, since most of them were in dilemmas. I was hoping to get the dilemma trees to unlock a few of the new super-rares, but only ended up finding Lucien. It was better than I was expecting, and I can cross the voyage achievements off my to-do list, but I probably won't pay to extend a voyage again after this since it wasn't really 1,176 Dilithium well-spent.

4* Commander Dolim
    4* Colonel Karr
    4* Cardassian Kira
    4* Lucien
    4* Mirror Phlox
    4* Lieutenant Valeris

445 Honor

3x3 star throwaway characters
    6x2 star crew

244 5-star, 54 4-star, 36 3-star trainers to throw onto my pile of things that will go poof since I'm over the 32k max of trainers.

103,700 credits

29 4-star rations, 58 - star rations

1393 Chrons
  • Options
    My own 20 hour voyage is on the way home now. I was pretty disappointed in the 4* crew drops overall, I probably won't pay to extend a voyage again after this since it wasn't really 1,176 Dilithium well-spent.

4* Commander Dolim
    4* Colonel Karr
    4* Cardassian Kira
    4* Lucien
    4* Mirror Phlox
    4* Lieutenant Valeris
    103,700 credits
    29 4-star rations, 58 - star rations
    1393 Chrons

6 rares, 100k credits and 1.4k chron for 1200 dilithium. How many more rares would you have expected?

I haven't done my 20 hour yet, but 6 rares (even if dupes) would have been pretty decent in my book.
  • Options
    I've literally had 4 at 8:30:00 pre nerf on a good run. - never reached 10 hours without at least 1 - only only did 12h maybe 3 / 4 times..
    (Once chasing Guinan)

.. based on these returns, never gonna do my 20h. Doubt I'll ever go post 8 again frankly, save for rare blunders or if it's providing great returns.
  • Options
    You should be grateful. You spent over a thousand dil and got nearly 350 trainers. That's like 3.5 per crystal!
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    Sorry, trying some levity there. That **tsk tsk** balls. The RNG has been ramped up something chronic, I got 5 super-rares for a 12 hour voyage (on my first test run) and that seemed on the high end of anything I'd had previously, but chron rates were way down. They varied from 3 to 12 cache drops every 2 hours which is huge and can leave you with very little or quite a lot. I've not had the chance to run another long voyage but I do hope that what you've had is an outlier not the norm. I don't want to spend over a thousand dil and receive what you just did. It would be heartbreaking
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    I hope that’s a joke. Trainers are useless when you are losing countless ones everyday for being over the 32k max.
  • Options
    At 32,000+ the game should just automatical concert it to nearly anything else..

Convert it to Merits or credits or honor..
    Something.

Then, there might be a wee bit of incentive to collect then sad not feel robbed.
  • Options
    Ohh..!! Ohhhh !!! if DB wanted to be super cool for things like this.. (heh) (cause 32k across the board is an accomplishment). When player hits 32k all across, have the game pop up a message like "You've got wwaaay to many trainers, here let me help !". Swollow 4000 of each kind and Automatically Trigger a Legendary Behold.
    (The behold could be conventional or..
    Locutus, Guinan & unnamed replacement coming soon)

THAT would be freaking cool !

I know.
    Won't happen.

But.. one can dream right ?
  • Options
    Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the info, Travis. That is definitely meh for 20 hours. I've gotten better at 10 (albeit less chrons and credits), pre-nerf.
  • Options
    GAWAGAWA ✭✭✭
    The reduction of 4*s on voyages is the most anoying nerf to date.
  • Options
    Wasn't planning on doing the 20 hour voyage but I kept missing the recall timer over the holiday so I just let it ride. Here are the results:

j962ba35dtit.png

l0y70igg330b.png

w2iqurdbcmgq.png

y7ed3yow5tpt.png

l1jkd5mspxkv.png

In case people were wondering, there's no other achievement after the 20 hour one.

The Guardians of Tomorrow
    Protecting the Galaxy's Future from Itself
    Fleet Admiral

For more info on us, check our wiki page:
    https://sttwiki.org/wiki/Fleet_Guardians_of_Tomorrow

GoT Bot server: https://discord.gg/R8QzpjW
    All are welcome to join and use the Bot.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    How much dilithium did that cost? How many refills? Your initial crew ratings are very high to start.
  • Options
    Oh how I miss replicator rations
  • Options
    I did a little over 20 hours and got:

7 x 4*
    Mirror Archer (already FFFE, so honour)
    David Marcus (new)
    Niners Kira - as with Mirror Archer
    Drafted McCoy - adds a 4th star
    Mirror Phlox - as with Mirror Archer
    Valeris - FF, so honour
    Vic - adds a 4th star

2 x 3*
    6 x 2*
    1 x 1*

498 honour

248 x 5* trainers
    94 x 4* trainers
    38 x 3* trainers

104.1k credits

47 x 4* replicator rations
    10 x 3* replicator rations
    19 x 2* replicator rations

1446 chrons

lots of components

If that data is of any help to anyone
  • Options
    Did my 20, had similar results as Travis. With the exception of getting fewer replicater rations. Pre nerf chrons would have been much higher I believe. Hardly worth the time and dilithium. You can get enough trainers through faction missions and cc’s. For me, chrons is the important part and with the results posted, just don’t see running many voyages of any length.
  • Options
    i always do long voyages....32hrs a few times. i did the same since the new "improved" version. its rubbish. i usually get over 3000 chrons 7 plus purples, a 150+ 4 star replicators now it was 2100 chrons only 53 replicators and just 2 more purples. terrible...not worth doing.
  • Options
    Just recalled a 21.5 hour Voyage for the Achievement, never extended past 10 hours before. Coming back with:

464 Honor
    1 3* character
    9 2* characters
    244 5* trainers
    58 4* trainers
    44 3* trainers
    103,100 credits
    80 4* rations
    6 3* rations
    1385 chronitons
    Miscellaneous 0*- 2* items
  • Options
    20 hour voyage was similar for me, I had two 4 star characters, none of which were voyage specific. DB needs to make it easier to get one of the six they have in there. I’ll never run a voyage that long again.
  • Options
    Just recalled my 20 hr voyage for:

837 Honor (+ 10K from the Achievement)
    4 4 * crew - Sela, Proton Paris, Thot Gor, Waitress Ezri. 3/4 came from Dilemas
    3 3 * crew
    6 2 * crew
    1 1 * crew
    218 5 * Trainers
    106 4 * Trainers
    32 3 * Trainers
    119,300 credits
    57 4 * Replicator Rations
    18 3 * Replicator Rations
    168 2 * Items
    54 1 * Items
    20 0 * Items
    1515 Chrons

I had to recharge 7 times, to the tune of about 1000 dil (roughly).

This will be the only time I run a voyage this long, and it was really only for the achievement. I'll go back to running 6-7 hour ones and not pay any dil.
    Captain Bubble Bobble
  • Options
    kzvv9myrtv8t.png
    k6t5vsn1uq4a.png
    Not planned but unless I wanted to recall with like 800 antimatter left, I kept missing it and crashing (busy holidays).
  • Options
    p377y7h33f wrote: »
    someone please post this screen on facebook. more people need to be aware of this bait and switch rip-off. now when the achievement reward is attractive, people are more likely to commit to a voyage with multiple refills, expecting a good amount of 4* crew like before the nerf. DB just can't quit their sleazy money grabs, claiming total transparency at the same time in those quickly thrown together apologetic emails. but who's surprised.

It's almost like "random" means that something might or might not happen.

Crazy how that works.
  • Options
    I ran one for about 25 hours and got pretty decent results I guess. 5 4* crew and a bunch of other stuff. I think I got around 1500 chronitons as well.

fYxKnW9.png

Only 2 of those were useful but not bad overall. With the way portals are I think voyages will be the main thing I spend dilithium on.
  • Options
    I’ve been running my voyage for 14 hours so far and no sign of any 4* crew yet. Will be interested to see what happens in the next 6.
  • Options
    21 hour 20 minutes Voyage for the achievement. Went 8 hours and 20 minutes before needing to refil with 2750 antimatter.

1399 Chronitons

6 4* crew
    Jannar (new) second Trill dilemma choice A
    Mirror K’Ehleyr (already FF)
    Kurak (4th Star)
    Lily Sloane (3rd Star)
    Grand Proxy Neelix (already FF)
    Angel I Riker (4th Star)

3 3*
    6 2*
    1 1*

573 Honor
    1025 honor from dismissed crew
    1598 Honor total

228 5* trainers
    86 4*
    50 3*

18 4* replicator rations
    42 3*

89 2* components
    50 1*
    13 0*

Used 1034 Dilithium.
  • Options
    Being as thorough as I can be here. This is from my phone so please forgive misspellings.

4* characters

1701 Jadzia
    Captain Janeway
    General Martok
    Tuskegee Mayweather

577 honor

3* character

Senator cretak

264 legendary trainers
    70 Super rare trainers
    38 rare trainers

2* characters
    Kathryn Janeway
    Boomer Mayweather
    Dr. Phlox
    Ensign Sato
    Seven in Blue
    Acting ensign crusher

1* characters

Chef Neelix

107,300 credits

134 Super rare replicator rations
    22 rare replicator rations

2* items

7 alcohol
    8 casings
    5 microconnectors
    19 database
    8 emitter crystal
    7 furs
    8 incense
    8 interlink
    3 isolinear chips
    15 gold press latnium
    ‎3 expansion module
    ‎3 optronic circuit
    ‎6 clothing pattern
    ‎7 Starfleet uniform pattern
    ‎6 pollyalloy
    ‎14 synthesized ploymer
    ‎11 power cell
    ‎3 relay (needed item)
    ‎4 sensor
    ‎13 subprocessor

1* items

1 casing
    9 microconnectors
    6 database
    4 emitter crystal
    4 incense
    4 interlink
    1 isolinear chips
    5 optronic circuit
    2 clothing pattern
    1 Starfleet uniform pattern
    1 polyalloy
    2 synthesized polymer
    3 sensor

0* items

2 casing (needed item)
    4 microconnectors
    1 database
    2 emitter crystal
    2 expansion module
    4 polyalloy
    1 relay
    1 sensor

1635 chronitons

21 hr 57 min voyage time
    13 antimatter left

About 1,100 dilithium spent (didn't keep exact count but I had about 1500 when I started and about 400 when I finished)

All crew received converted to honor as they are already FF/FE.

Oh, and the honor for the achievment.

Worth it in the sense that the chrons are nice to have as we finish this event. Plus the achievement is nice to have.

It would have been better to get more needed items, and some useable crew. But at least I don't have to push for the achievement anymore. I'll be spending minimal dilithium from here on out on voyages.
    Drunken Dahar Masters is recruiting active players.
    PM for details.

So long and thanks for all the fish.
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just did 21.5 hrs. Started with 2925 AM, 9K COM and 8.2K ENG. I was gonna wait but I was able to combine with decent starting stats and almost max AM so I decided to go for it. Spent ~900 or 1000 DIL. I was tempted to re-up since I had first parts down for a couple dilemmas but I would've only gotten one additional dilemma. If I was closer to 22hrs I would've to get the 11th and 12th dilemmas.

5x 4* Crew (Two from dilemma's): Ardra (New), Weyoun (3/4), 3xDupes
    3x 3* Crew (Two from dilemma's)
    6x 2* Crew (All dilemmas)
    761 Honour
    151K Credits
    51x 4* Rations
    Lotsa Trainers
    200x 2* Components
    1848 Chrons

It was worth it but I can't see myself doing it again. I'd rather roll the dice on shorter Voyages.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals